It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE EVACUATING - Gulf Shores, Alabama

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by xstealth

For your information, your chances of dying on the freeway are much higher than dying from breathing methane gas on the gulf. Now your brilliant mind can fear the freeway. To run from every possible threat is paranoia.

More exxon valdez clean up workers died from the clean up then on the highway.

How can you even know the effects of this disaster before it happens?

More exxon valdez clean up workers died from the clean up then on the highway.

You sure about that? Can you show me the figures?

Exactly. So how can you? It's just speculation, and in your case not based on actual evidence or known information.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Exactly. So how can you? It's just speculation, and in your case not based on actual evidence or known information.

No reason to shout!

You're right we can't know the ultimate affects but we can see what has happened up till now and extrapolate from there.

Here is a good place to start!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It would seem you are missing the context of the conversation you are partially quoting. It was specifically in reference to the possibility of methane gas killing everybody in the gulf, not the effects of entire spill on the environment.

The liklihood of a lareg pocket of methane smothering the entire population of the gulf is minimal. Whats far more likely is it will greatly increase the size and frequency of the Gulf's 'dead zones'. That, and the boom-boom potential of the methane.

but thanks for the link, regardless.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Curious You Tube video I just found. Seems someone is going to great lengths to hide some white FEMA Vans, that were there earlier on in the week. Or maybe it is something else they are trying to hide.

Check it out here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
maybe this is a dry run
look 4 polls on cnn and and such
4for Quistion-poll of the day Would u leave is there was a huge evec or somthing
\but rest assured the wheels HAVE beeen set in motion

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I drove from Florida to Texas on Interstate 10 yesterday. In the vicinity of Gautier, MS, I began to smell a strong odor of kerosene which is indicative of aromatic (benzene based) hydrocarbons. Initially, I looked to see if it was a local situation, for example following a truck that may be leaking something. It didn't appear to be local. The odor persisted for a number of miles. The wind was blowing from the south. In that location, the Gulf is less than ten miles from the interstate.

As I approached Louisiana, the odor shifted to a more paraffin based odor. It smelled like burning candles. My wife commented that a cloud mass ahead looked more like smoke than clouds.

I do have a background in chemistry so I don't make these observations lightly. I am a retired marine chemist. During my professional career, I spent much of my time measuring and analyzing environmental contamination. I still teach science on a secondary level.

If the BP spill is indeed the source of this environmental contamination, the general public should be informed of its nature, concentration, and risk factors. It has already been going on for over two months with no end in sight.

Jeff

(PS. I tried to start this as a new thread but I do not have enough ATS experience.)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lizzyhock

Google maps, if you go to Reynolds Airpark, and then to Roland Avenue, zoom in all the way, you invoke Street View.

The vehicles are able to be seen to the NW.

Need some help from someone with higher rez graphics than I have...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If this is all a ruse to get the people out of the Gulf area, then they're gonna get people out of there one way or the other... I’m starting to suspect that this whole thing is staged to eventually clear out the area. If what I’m suspecting is true, people are going to be leaving whether they want to or not which may be the main purpose of the cor-exit…. Keep spraying people long enough and eventually they’ll exit… even if it’s in body bags.

Hopefully this is not the case but this is not the American government… the government in power right now couldn’t care less about American people…Katrina may have just been a practice run.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jlgreer1

I drove from Florida to Texas on Interstate 10 yesterday. In the vicinity of Gautier, MS, I began to smell a strong odor of kerosene which is indicative of aromatic (benzene based) hydrocarbons. Initially, I looked to see if it was a local situation, for example following a truck that may be leaking something. It didn't appear to be local. The odor persisted for a number of miles. The wind was blowing from the south. In that location, the Gulf is less than ten miles from the interstate.

Now you have my attention, what more can you tell us? I believe you as will many others.

Please continue, and perhaps you will eventually be able to just start a thread. In the meantime, if you are educated and a conscious being why travel with your family into the danger zone?

What is your take on the short and long term health effects of the BP disaster?

Do you suppose ther will be a mass evacuation and if so how long before it takes place? How wide spread will this become before it is over?

Thankyou, and stay safe!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlgreer1

As I approached Louisiana, the odor shifted to a more paraffin based odor. It smelled like burning candles. My wife commented that a cloud mass ahead looked more like smoke than clouds.

I do have a background in chemistry so I don't make these observations lightly. I am a retired marine chemist. During my professional career, I spent much of my time measuring and analyzing environmental contamination. I still teach science on a secondary level.

If the BP spill is indeed the source of this environmental contamination, the general public should be informed of its nature, concentration, and risk factors. It has already been going on for over two months with no end in sight.

Jeff

(PS. I tried to start this as a new thread but I do not have enough ATS experience.)

Need more Imput buddy, you got my attention and I am in the Uk !

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Why do you say "I believe you..." to this person? How can you really know?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by F.A.Williams

area quarantined?
thats how i suspected they would do it
when the infected area is big enough they will -quarantine - u into fema camps
the oil is justn an excuse

where are u now mate and how are u doing?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

no reply gess he was to late

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I live in Miami, I have already called a friend who lives in the mountains in North Carolina and asked to stay with her if anything bad starts to happen over here. The first sign of oil on Miami's beach and im OUT. I have heard way to many horror stories from the people in Alabama and Louisiana. Better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

looks like the OP was VERY SMART

WATCH THIS VID

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by halobaby

The video has been removed by the user.

I personally know people that have moved from Pensacola.

I know others that want to move but can't due to there job, home, etc.

I live in Georgia and want to move but really feel like there's no safe place to go.

I just live everyday as if it were my last. My husband has always said if it's my time to go-it's my time to go.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

I’m starting to suspect that this whole thing is staged to eventually clear out the area.

I agree!

Could the US national debt to China be a clue?
articles.latimes.com...

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DeReK DaRkLy]

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join