It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Concentration Camps

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Much has been discussed about 'Range 3' at the Camp Grayling National Guard facility as being one of the FEMA, Rex '84, & Operation Garden Plot 'civilian' concentration camp facilities.
The photos that have been posted on the 'net showing 'Range 3' as a possible internment camp- are somewhat out of date. Maybe a fresh look into this would be prudent...
So...
Being that I live only a short distance away from these facilites myself, I'm somewhat concerned & alarmed at the implications.
Also, being that I'm a decorated & retired Vet with a valid military ID, I also have access to the Camp Grayling complex. I even visit the PX there on occasion, when I'm in the area.
So who would like to see a current 'recon' of 'Range 3' with photos?...

T.S.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkiFreak
Much has been discussed about 'Range 3' at the Camp Grayling National Guard facility as being one of the FEMA, Rex '84, & Operation Garden Plot 'civilian' concentration camp facilities.
The photos that have been posted on the 'net showing 'Range 3' as a possible internment camp- are somewhat out of date. Maybe a fresh look into this would be prudent...
So...
Being that I live only a short distance away from these facilites myself, I'm somewhat concerned & alarmed at the implications.
Also, being that I'm a decorated & retired Vet with a valid military ID, I also have access to the Camp Grayling complex. I even visit the PX there on occasion, when I'm in the area.

T.S.

I would,

That would be fantastic. I live in New Hampshire and I checked out the "camp" that was on that list as being near Lake Francis. Nothing at all there that resembles a camp or something that could be turned into one.

Please do check it out. It probably is a good thing to recheck places on that list to see if any thing has happened or changed recently.

apc

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
MISSOURI
Richards-Gebaur AFB - located in Grandview, near K.C.MO. A very large internment facility has been built on this base, and all base personnel are restricted from coming near it.

Guess what.

I live about 6 miles from Richards Gebaur.

It is no longer a base.

It is used to store new cars.

It has not been a base for a long time.

There is still an army/marine presence, yes. Duh.

There is no camp.

There is also a golf course.

Im not saying they dont exist, Im just saying this one doesnt.

> To go a little more into how funny I find that RGAFB was listed, heres a very nice relatively brief article about the base. I guess the author of the list doesn't use Google...
www.globalsecurity.org...

> I dont know why they list this one either:
KANSAS
Leavenworth - US Marshal's Fed Holding Facility, US Penitentiary, Federal Prison Camp, McConnell Air Force Base.

It's a prison... of course... it's a prison. Whenever you hear someone mention "Leavenworth" they're talking about the prison (because the city sucks). Bout 30miles from here. Nice offroading trails up next to it.

Plus Leavenworth is the last place you would want to stick people in the event of a nuclear crisis. Can you say, primary target? Pretty important Army base.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by apc]

apc

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So I took a constitutional through the old base discussed above, to rule out any unknowns and make sure a bunch of FEMA trucks hadnt rolled in without my knowledge. I think I figured out where the idea came from that there was a camp there.

Besides the tiny Marine school, Army truck depot (dont know what you'd call it... a bunch of humvee's and cargo trucks and other equipment... after 9/11 humvees surrounded the main building with cement barracades everywhere).

And then you have the new cars.
The new cars occupy the tarmac. A lot of new cars. Im talkin thousands There were even some dudes unloading another truckload when I came up on it. As you can imagine the tarmac is very large, and also fenced in with 10ft chainlink fence topped with barbed wire (pointing out). No guard towers or anything like that however.

What I think happened is back in 98-99 when they were still figuring out what to do with the place after the FAA shut it down for good, the tarmac was just fenced in. Someone with an overactive imagination could have seen this area as a containment camp for people. Or maybe just someone mentioned to a friend the large empty fenced in area, and as it spread through the grapevine it was warped and twisted like all the other urban myths out there.

Sure it is possible that a few platoons could "rapidly" move all the cars... over a period of a week or two... but it is just as possible that all the cars could turn into a giant game of othello. Now wouldn't that be awesome?

I wandered on past where I could see the cars from and drove on through some sort of slidey fencey like structure (I think theyre called gates). They didnt seem very motivated in keeping people out. I went on up to the old rusting hangers and flight buildings until I could go no further. At this point I caught the glimmer of headlights in the rearview and was soon approached by a nice old security gent. Im guessing 65-70yrs of age. Just wanted to know what I was doing, didnt really care otherwise.

I think every single notion of the existance of these camps should be taken with a very heavy grain of salt unless you have a personal eyes-on experience with them.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
So I took a constitutional through the old base discussed above, to rule out any unknowns and make sure a bunch of FEMA trucks hadnt rolled in without my knowledge. I think I figured out where the idea came from that there was a camp there.

by apc: I think every single notion of the existance of these camps should be taken with a very heavy grain of salt unless you have a personal eyes-on experience with them.
Thanks for checking that out. Have you read all of the other threads on ATS about the camps? After members personally checked the "camps" listed near their areas, most of them came to the same conclusion you have.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Well, nothing personal, but it all sounds like rubbish to me.

For example, listen to this "Terry King" guy with his story:

"Over the last couple months several of us have investigated three soon-to-be prison camps in the Southern California area. We had heard about these sites and wanted to see them for ourselves."

Of course, he never gives any directions so we can check his "investigations" How convenient.

"The first one ... is not operating as a prison at the moment but is masquerading as part of a water facility."

ROFLMAO! Right across the park from our neighborhood is another huge FEMA prison, but it s not operating as a prison at the moment but is masquerading as Skyline High School!

Right next to Falcon Field Airport in Mesa is a Huge Nazi Extermination Camp Operated By the Grays. It is not operating as a prison at the moment but is masquerading as The Boeing Company facility where they make helicopters!

Right down the street is another FEMA prison. It is not operating as a prison at the moment but is masquerading as the AJ Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

C'mon!

"Now why would there be a facility of this nature out in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no prisoners?"

Uhhh ... because it's not a prison camp? You think?

"The fences that run for miles around this large facility all point inward..."

So do most fences that are chain link topped with angled barbed wire. It's an OSHA safety requirement.

"...and there are large mounds of dirt and dry moat surrounding the central area so the inside area is not visible from the road."

And what is that supposed to prove? We have a facility exactly like that about ten miles south of where I live. It's a GM Proving Ground!

"There are 3 large loading docks facing the entrance that can be observed from the road. What are these massive docks going to be loading?"

I give up, what? You tell me. Maybe they're planning to put a supermarket there. Just about every store or business that uses raw materials has a couple of loading docks in the back.

About five years ago, I saw an post by some bozo who said he had a map of where all there "FEMA Camps" in Arizona were supposed to be, and offered to share them with anyone who asked. He didn't seem too anxious to send me one, since I told him I actually lived near the location of those "Camps" and wanted to check them out for myself.

But after some cajoling on my part, he sent me directions to three of the "FEMA Camps" after first making me swear I wouldn't tell anyone where I got them from.

Well, to make a long story short, I went to these three locations.

The first was an abandoned camp set up by Executive Order 9066 in 1942. Anyone familiar with US History knows about that sickening episode, I would hope. Anyway, nothing there but one corrugated-roof shack with its doors off and a bunch of concrete foundations.

The second was a POW camp, also from the 1940's, where a captured German U-Boat crew was imprisoned and who escaped by digging out a tunnel and trying to hike to Mexico (they were all caught); and again, there's not much there but a bunch of decrepit foundations.

The third was on Open Range on the Tohono O'odham Reservation about a half mile off I-10. I spent a half-hour poking around and saw some interesting cactus.

As far as I know, every single report of these "Secret Concentration camps" has turned out to be completely bogus.

If anyone has any serious "evidence" of these things in Arizona, let me know and I eill go and look again. If you live in Arizona, contact me at 480-891-2525, and we'll go together.

But until then, I'm going to assume that there is no evidence for any of it, and it's all some sort of urban (or rural, in this case) myth.

Great post. Summed up exactly what I was thinking.

apc

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Thanks for checking that out. Have you read all of the other threads on ATS about the camps? After members personally checked the "camps" listed near their areas, most of them came to the same conclusion you have.

Ah actually no I have not. This thread was my first encounter with the very idea which led me to that state-by-state list. Good to know tho!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Ah actually no I have not. This thread was my first encounter with the very idea which led me to that state-by-state list. Good to know tho!

Here are a few that I have found. All seem to have pros and cons, but it seems to me that most conclude that nothing has been proven.

link to Concentration Camps On U.S. Soil

link to
U.S. Concentration Camps, FEMA, and the REX 84 Program

link to Finding US concentration camps

link to Just a thought about concentration camps

link to New American Detention Camps

link to California Concentration Camp/Facilities

link to ATS Detention Camps for US Citizens: Ashcroft's Hellish Vision

At the very least I found these topics an interesting read.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This must be a contingency plan in case John Titor was right...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I made a phone call today to the Pearblossom Divison of Operations and Maintenence Subcenter at 661-944-8531. I asked if this was the Pearblossom O&M, and the lady said "yes, who do you need to speak with?"

I said, "Eddie!"

"Eddie? We don't have an... Eddie Who?"

"Vasquez!"

"I'm sorry, we don't have an Eddie Vasquez here..."

"Oh, he might be at the other center. Thanks!"

Click. So I kinda pussed out, I was going to ask if the O&M subcenter was a prison camp.

Zip

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very scary! Land of the free... I don't think so. Taxpayers building their own prisons thats just nuts.

It's just too great of oportunity for federal goverment to establish police state to pass over.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
About five years ago, I saw an post by some bozo who said he had a map of where all there "FEMA Camps" in Arizona were supposed to be, and offered to share them with anyone who asked. He didn't seem too anxious to send me one, since I told him I actually lived near the location of those "Camps" and wanted to check them out for myself.

But after some cajoling on my part, he sent me directions to three of the "FEMA Camps" after first making me swear I wouldn't tell anyone where I got them from.

Well, to make a long story short, I went to these three locations.

The first was an abandoned camp set up by Executive Order 9066 in 1942. Anyone familiar with US History knows about that sickening episode, I would hope. Anyway, nothing there but one corrugated-roof shack with its doors off and a bunch of concrete foundations.

Well I guess he was right, then. It was a concentration camp.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Howard ("I believe! I believe!") Roark says:

"Well I guess he was right, then. It was a concentration camp."

Yes, and run by the Whites, not the Greys.

On a more serious note, Fred Korematsu died two weeks ago. He was 86, and a greater American hero than I could ever be.

sacunion.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nebraskablue99
As a police officer and former soldier, I know first hand that there really is no such thing as civil rights and "Big Brother" can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants. However, I have a hard time believing that the government would put such massive compounds meant for evil purposes right out in plain sight in front of Joe Public. Even if they were meant as a distraction for the "real" prison camps, why go to so much trouble to create such an illusion? Thousands of people go missing each year never to be seen again. If you are an evil government trying to "detain" troublemakers, why not just kidnap them and house them in some underground bunker in Saudi Arabia? If you are true conspiracy nut, then you obviously know that the Bush family is real chummy with the House of Saud and, with that in mind, I am sure it wouldn't take much to rent a few hundred square miles of desert from them for this purpose. I have spent much time there and it is the best place in the world to make someone disappear (or several thousand someones to disappear). 'NUFF SAID!

Sadly trust means crap without honesty. I'm only 20 and the people that I have come across just don't give a damn, about themselves, friends, or even family. It's more easy to say "go kill yourself" for one thing. If i were to tell you that i really loved, does it make it true? No, that's why so many people have crap relationships, because one doesn't have to say what one means, and what one truly feels. Believe, give a soldier a chance and he would turn the war onto the citizens. No one is honest, caring, or kind, if someone want's something bad enough as well he/she will get it. Sometimes i don't think it's aliens that are making this world a giant hell, it's our own massive brain complex. More and more people are becoming homeless, and honestly were the heck would you put them all anyway? Camps!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkiFreak
So...

T.S.

Hmmm...it seems as if my wish was been granted. Someone beat me to it, it seems. After doing some surfing on the 'net looking for the latest info about this subject, I stumbled upon a very fresh website with the latest photos & info about the infamous 'Range 3' area.
Well...now I don't have to bother with my previous intent on vistiting the place with my own camera!
The website: www.geocities.com...

I found the site an interesting work in progress- it was still somewhat under construction by the looks of things when I visited. It sould be quite interesting when the site is fully up!

T.S.

apc

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I hate when I have to highlight text to be able to read..

I say you should still go!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here are some of the most recent pictures taken from pages of the site: www.geocities.com...

There are a few more photos & lots of info on this site. Well worth checking out.
T.S.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think it's all bologna, it's some paranoid guy trying to make a buck.

Apparantly there are not any guards at the camps:
How do we know this, cause someone was allowed to get pretty
close and take some pics. To me that means it's not that big of a deal for the Gov't it they are not willing to potect this huge "secret" from getting ou to the public.

How come noone gives directions? It will only help thier claims!!!

This could all be one or two camps for as far as we know.
They are probably prison camps. Some large prisons do have over flow camps and special holding areas to bring the inmates in case of a fire or evacuation for whatever reason.

Where's the proof?

Im Calling BS on this one.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I think it's all bologna, it's some paranoid guy trying to make a buck.

Apparantly there are not any guards at the camps:
How do we know this, cause someone was allowed to get pretty
close and take some pics. To me that means it's not that big of a deal for the Gov't it they are not willing to potect this huge "secret" from getting ou to the public.

How come noone gives directions? It will only help thier claims!!!

This could all be one or two camps for as far as we know.
They are probably prison camps. Some large prisons do have over flow camps and special holding areas to bring the inmates in case of a fire or evacuation for whatever reason.

Where's the proof?

Im Calling BS on this one.

How do you figure that if some guy finds a way to take a few pictures of a facility so that he can provide some documentation that these kind of facilities really do exist- that he is doing it to make money??

Why are there no guards at the facility that was photographed?...Because this is a 'training facility' according to the 'official explanation' story ('Range 3' anyway..) that is occasionally used by MP units for 'P.O.W.' training. When the time comes when the FEMA, Rex '84, Garden Plot...etc...and such operations are enacted- then these kind of facilities will be used & manned for the purposes outlined in those programs (rounding up civilian dissadents in case martial law is declared). Such facilities are built & are ready to be used...even if they are not being used right now. Some of these facilites can be photographed while others cannot depending upon the current security of the areas they occur in.
'Range 3' is not an overflow of another prison. Quite the contrary. The facilility known as Camp Shawano (youth correctional facility currently) is within a few miles of Camp Grayling- which has been speculated to be a larger population detention center when civilians are rounded up and then 'processed' through the 'Range 3 area' after they are assigned & catagorized- when the poop hits the fan. 'Range 3' is rumored to be a temporary small holding area for incoming 'prisoners' to be processed before being classified and sent elsewhere.

Proof?? I don't know what part of the country you are from, but there is likely a facility such as the one near me known as 'Range 3'- but chances are that there is a similar facility near where you live as well. Open your eyes & check it out on your own. You may be surprised what you find. Maybe you could visit the Northern Michigan town of Grayling yourself & do a little sightseeing- it might even do yourself some good to take a vacation. The area is well known as a tourist destination during the summer, so...

Need directions too? I can give you good directions on how to get to the 'Range 3' area if you like. But using 'Mapquest' works pretty good for this area. And if you want satelite pics as well- they are not all that hard to get either. My suggestion- when you decide to come, bring your own camera, sense of adventure, & good hiking boots!

Yes...there are some locations that are said to be used for these purposes that are no longer there or are a case of disinformation. So there may very well be some places that will be bullsh**, but from my perspective by living close to a well documented area- it is very real to me.
T.S.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by SkiFreak]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm disappointed.

I want there to be a secret POW camp near where I live. I feel left out.

Are there any links to one in northern California?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join