It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mustang Conspiracy: Part 1: Sex, Drugs, Corruption, and BP.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by star child

Theres a bright idea. Lets just phone Willie Nelson, tell him a few horses are getting shifted of the land to make way for progress, and he will save the day. Maybe he will do it on a flying carpet and vapourise they evil people who are doing this with his death ray gun.

I cannot understand the people who are bothering with this over say, i dont know, starving children in Africa? Or the poor of America? Yes, the people in America, not the horses. There are people getting treated far worse than a bunch of horses all over the world, yet as soon as a story like this comes up people are crying and fighting for justice. Maybe if we cared about other human beings as much as a few horses in some bloody desert in no mans land, the world would be a better place

[edit on 4-7-2010 by thedarktower]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

I would never want to live in a planet inhabited solely by humans and their cattle. That would truly be hell, a real life hell. Which is why I put high stakes in saving what little wild life remains, what you would consider foolishness.

As more animals are replaced by people, people care less about their own because of loneliness. In world of 7 billion people at least one third is feeling lonely and separated.
This is because of our selfish, misunderstood and greedy behaviour towards the planet and its creatures. As more animals perish, the genocide we inflicted upon them we will more often inflict upon ourselves.
We haven't come to the point of near-total animal extinction but once we do I truly believe it is inevitable that we extinct ourselves as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread590145
We haven't come to the point of near-total animal extinction but once we do I truly believe it is inevitable that we extinct ourselves as well.

i agree with this part, but we need our priorities right here. Save animals, fine, but sart of by saving human beings first. Basically what i am saying is i value the life of a human over that of an animal. Well, most humans anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is all true. Lately they have been cranking it out on our local news about how they need to thin out these wild herds up here in the north country. I have not met one rancher that is for this cockamamie idea. It's sick, and this is the same thing they did to the buffalo. We truly have some sick minded, ruthless, heartless people holding public offices.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Maybe wild horses are destroying the ecosystem like rabbits in australia. Horses were not present on the american continent before colonisation.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
Maybe wild horses are destroying the ecosystem like rabbits in australia. Horses were not present on the american continent before colonisation.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by ickylevel]

eh, yes they were

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
People are destroying the eco system, a hell of alot more than wild horses. I'm done with this thread. I've been angry for weeks as it is over the dead sea life in the gulf and more that's coming. Up here they want to go out and just kill these horses .... the killing just never ends. These evil people will have to answer to their maker someday about all of this. Done.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

In the video George Knapp states horses populated (died off and then were reintroduced) the continental USA.

I also believed (paste tense?) it was the influx of Spanish breeds said to brought over from Spain and having escaped - or purposefully let go - then went on to populate the whole of the nation...

I guess I've got some research to do... And strange that too - I spent years and years researching the genealogy of modern horse breeds, but took (for granted) the 'Spanish Influence' of the breed was fact.

Think again, says I...

peace

EDIT: Type error

[edit on 4-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
People - not animals truly frighten me.
Second line.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Lets get one thing straight, horses have their origin in North America. For those of you taughting the "introduction" theory need to do some research.

I found this in just a couple of minutes.

•The modern form of horse evolved from small dog like animals that first appeared 60 million years ago.

• Over time wild ancestors of the modern horse evolved for millions of years in north America. They then spread to other parts of the world by travelling southwards to south America by crossing land bridges that connected north America to Europe and Asia during the ice age.

• Horses vanished from both north and south America in a wave of extinction that occurred at the end of the Pleistocene epoch, about 15,000 years ago.

Irish Horse Society

-------------------

In the 1870's, the paleontologist O.C. Marsh published a description of newly discovered horse fossils from North America. At the time, very few transitional fossils were known, apart from Archeopteryx. The sequence of horse fossils that Marsh described (and that T.H. Huxley popularized) was a striking example of evolution taking place in a single lineage.

Talk Origins Archive

-------------------

HORSES

PLACE OF ORIGIN

The ancestry of the horse--unlike that of human beings--is extraordinarily well documented and dates back more than 65 million years. The prehistoric "little daddy" of today's powerful steed has a poetic name--dawn horse, or eohippus. Fossilized remains of the tiny whippetlike animal (about the size of a rabbit, 10 to 20 in. high, with an arched back and multitoed feet) have been found throughout Europe and America. Down through the ages, it grew larger and larger, with bigger and bigger teeth (for grinding grass) and longer and longer legs.

By the Ice Age, horses roamed every continent but Australia in great herds and had become very much as we know them today, fully monodactylous with each lower "leg" (originally foot bones) ending in a huge middle toe with a giant nail forming a hoof. Sometime during that mysterious glacial period, the horse vanished from the Western Hemisphere entirely. One theory is that herds migrated from America to Siberia by a then existing land bridge. At any rate, the horse didn't appear in America again until Spain's conquistadores invaded Mexico in 1519 A.D.

Trivia Library

-------------------

Evolution of The Horse

The very first horses evolved on the North American continent over 55 million years ago. Over millions of years they roamed the grasslands slowly extending their range to most of the continents on earth. Then horses migrated across the Bering land bridge from North America into what is now Siberia. From there, they spread across Asia into Europe and south to the Middle East and Northern Africa.

Let'em Run Foundation

-------------------

So, that was about 3 minutes of research and you can read the rest or do your own from there.

Now, my opinion is one of disgust. I grew up with horses. Equines are as familiar spirited to me as canine. I grew up with images of wild horses running free across vast open areas. A proud, magestic breed that are a symbol of this nations heritage and are just as much a part of it as well. To see the devastation and to hear the lies and know of the corruption behind the corporate steel curtain that goes on at the expense of these animals just so oil can flow across the landscape is outrageous and disgusting.

I applaud Springer for bringing this up and George for being on the frontline investigating these atrocities going on out of the public eye to this piece of North American history.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This sucks.

What sucks more is that it doesnt matter how public you make this. Until we the people decide it is time to make the government change by whatever means necessary, it, and all other horrors will continue.

They are not going to stop until you make them.

Peace = controll

I know people dont like ideas of fighting. The government loves that about you. It means they can do whatever they want and you wont stop them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just a thought, mind you- Those Bell 47 helicopters, SO CLOSE to the ground, sure look like easy targets....
- A Nevada Rancher

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

There have always been, and WILL always be, poor, starving people. THAT is not the point. THIS thread, is about the ruthless slaughter, of a wild species.
Guess what- left to themselves, poor people, ALWAYS over-populate, until they die from starvation. Developed countries, tend to not have this problem- we have learned to control our baser instincts, and refrain from making as many little humans as possible.
If YOU are a TRUE BELIEVER in your convictions- GO TO AFRICA, sell all of YOUR belongings, and give it to the poor. See how much you are appreciated.
I, for one, like animals, a LOT more, than MOST people. They tend to be kinder, gentler, and a LOT less likely, to murder you, for your wallet.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How tragic.

Not only are we caught up in debating the merits of wildlife policy management, and the evolution of the wild horse; but we are seemingly ignoring the indications (and yet more indications) that it is in fact the corporate "citizen" whose rights, privileges, and access to the government 'of the people'' exceed all rational boundaries as they essentially usurp the public will with impunity... profit... and have drug and sex parties to boot.

I feel for the inhumane treatment of the animals and shameful lack of stewardship by our tax-payer funded public servants; but I confess that my main concern is for the systemic entrenched modern-day robber barons who are quite literally destroying our culture, our country and our society because to them we are as much cattle as those they manage 'on our behalf.'

My concern is for the politically-appointed insults to the American people. It is for the cronyism, the nasty corrupt politicians who rationalize their actions allowing this kind of stuff to go on, until someone catches them.

What will happen to the story; who will dissemble it down to - "it's about horses - ho hum" - and miss the true problem, which extends FAR beyond the BLM and MMS - and all the way to our corporate-supported career politicians?

Where were you going to hear about this outside of ATS? Take a look. Being the change you wish to see requires open eyes and inquisitive mind.

In several weeks or months when this story is 'massaged' by the MSM please pay attention to the wordsmiths' ability to deflect or confuse responsibility, to blame anything but the people who have exploited the confidence which was given them by virtue of us believing we owe political parties 'loyalty' rather than the other way around. And, if you're up to it; challenge the meme that 'corporations' are citizens too...

Enjoy the few moments where this is a non-story.... because it's not going to last.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

Originally posted by 412304
I want to kill all these bastards... I want to strip them of there clothes and tie them up to a pole just out of reach of foord and water, then i wanna make them run for kilometres while chasing them on a mustang...
One day.. One day these people will pay for there greed, If there is some sort of God or higher moral power.

I agree and by the way there is a God and his wrath is mighty.
Soon very soon I pray he will pour his wrath out on these greedy
SOB's. It makes us angry but we will not have to kill them, they
with suffer and die the ultimate death! All the hunger and suffering they have caused humans and animals world wide is going to backfire.

No its not! Its nice to think this but im sorry but if anyone thinks a god is going to fix things for us and will avenge wrong doing just is not true! We are the only ones who can do anything and putting your faith into something and doing nothing gives these evil people the power to do what they want.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by star child

Willie Nelson ,Bo Derek and Sheila and Tony Curtis are very active in this

here is a link to the Curtis's horse rescueShiloh Horse Rescue

they have lots of links to Mustang advocacy sites and videos also they are good go to people helping you get involved email them !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join