It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If god is the one who delivers judgment, according to OP, than why the hell do you care what atheists believe or think? You obviously do since you started this thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How can an atheist be duped into atheism? There is not a single shred of hard tangible physical proof that god exists.

If an all knowing all powerful god does exist and he wants to send me to hell for not believing in him because I had no proof then so be it, I would rather not be in heaven anyway.

Save your preaching for someplace else.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks for your reply! So interesting!

Think of it this way maybe; if you lived in a cave your entire life.

But I showed you some pics of clouds, and told you about clouds; would you believe me?

Is it reasonable for the person to not believe in clouds because they personally have never seen it first hand?

Keep in mind, clouds actually exist in reality, and that their denial of them is only to their personal detriment.

I would find it perfectly reasonable for a man who has always lived in a cave not to believe in clouds if they were told about such a strange thing. To prove to them that clouds actually existed, I would take them outside the cave and show them to him, and follow that by giving them the information about how clouds form and what they are made of.

Also, should I deny the existence of China? I have never been to China and so of course all the photos could be faked. They could all be of Japan and everyone lied about China. China doesn't exist.

I do not think comparing ghosts to China in an analogy is a very good thing to do. I will give my reason:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I do not think China is a very extraordinary claim, but ghosts certainly are.

One last point. Just because someone tells me something is real, should this really mean I should believe in it? People make many claims, and many of those claims contradict other claims. How am I supposed to believe them all when they contradict each other?

This is why I believe one should investigate for oneself to determine a conclusion.

Kind regards

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Are you people just not into self preservation or what?

You can’t sincerely believe something just to be on the safe side. Without the sincerity, you are just a hypocrite. If there is a god, which do you think he/she/it would prefer? Honest disbelief, or hypocritical belief?

link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

You can disagree all you want, but you're still wrong

So you don't agree we can't prove God's existence...or the existence of an afterlife. Well then good Sir, please show me the proof if you disagree so strongly

Show you the proof?

That one day in the future that ghosts will be proven real?

How do I prove the future?

Do you even realize how your question makes no sense in context of the post?

Give me a time machine. Then maybe I can prove it...

Or wait around a few decades.

Why do I have to hold your hand in this?

Here is a tip. Try questioning things more than automatically assuming that you have all of the answers? Use some critical thinking?

No one can prove the future. The future happens, but not right now obviously.

That is why it is called SPECULATION...

Not that you would understand, you already know everything !

link   

You can't seriously compare the belief in China's existence with the belief in God

Want proof China exists?

1) Live webcams
2) Live news
3) You can call a Chinese dude
4) We have trillions of pictures and videos of China
5) You might have friends in China. One of my best friends just moved to China. If it doesn't exist, where did he go??? OMGOMGOMG conspiracy!! But wait...why did he answer his phone when I called him?? Could he maybe just prank me together with the millions of foreign workers in China? Are they just playing a prank on their friends back home while sitting in some secret complex?
6) How 'bout taking a plane to China if you distrust the other methods?

Want proof of God's existence?

*crickets*

And no, sadly I don't know everything. That doesn't mean I will suddenly start believing in random fairy tales just because "we might be able to prove them in the future" as you put it so nicely

[edit on 3-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

From the many other post. Random Bible verse. I know it goes right over you head. Some times I wonder how moronic Christians are in this world.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Judgment day will happen. Not in 2012, but it will happen. People think Extinction level events will never happen when humanity is around. Eventually something will happen. Probably when all of us on here are dead, but it will happen in the future. We cannot prove god exists either way. Most of the stuff is theoretical in our world if you haven’t noticed. It is cool to believe in god and it is cool to believe in nothing, but to push your beliefs because you think they are true is just ignorance at its finest. I have said this before. You cannot know an afterlife exists. Some though; who have experienced ghosts and who have had an NDE, have all the right to believe in a god or afterlife. They saw it through observation the best form of way to experience something. So until every atheist or believers of god have experiences like the person who saw the ghost. They cannot say anything. Sure you can say hallucination, but that is just ignorance because it does not fit in your world view. Now I am just rambling on. What I am trying to say is we do not know anything about an afterlife. It is 50/50 both ways.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

You can't seriously compare the belief in China's existence with the belief in God

Want proof China exists?

1) Live webcams
2) Live news
3) You can call a Chinese dude
4) We have trillions of pictures and videos of China

Yes I can.

I have seen a ghost, I have never seen China.

There are countless photos of ghosts.
Billions of stories.
News about it every day.
Some people think they can "call a ghost" (although I am quite skeptical).

Every culture on Earth believes in them. It's part of every major religion.

If you can reject all of that evidence about ghosts so easily, how dare you think I am a fool when I reject China?

Both are merely obvious realities to those with open eyes.

BTW I am aware both China and ghosts are real.

Of course I believe in China even though I have never been there.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If people made it to adulthood without buying a pre-packaged monotheistic belief system they are not going to be convinced by a thread on a discussion board.

Theres no evidence to justify taking any religious teaching seriously. I cant see any difference between believing in God/Angels or believing in fairies, leprechauns, unicorns etc. Its a difference in thinking that cannot be bridged by discussion. You either do the unjustified belief thing or you don't.

With regard to what happens to human consciousness after death, if anything, who knows? At the moment there is no evidence anything happens other than it perishes.

I'll believe in something more when the evidence appears to support it. I wont be losing sleep in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've never considered "ghosts" as life after death.

Personally, I consider ghosts to be people who just haven't figured out that they're dead yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Personally, I consider ghosts to be people who just haven't figured out that they're dead yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Well that doesn't even make any sense. Mental function should stop at death.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Protostellar

If god is the one who delivers judgment, according to OP, than why the hell do you care what atheists believe or think? You obviously do since you started this thread.

Well you seem to be a very shallow thinker. If what I believe is the one truth, then of course I don't want to see anyone suffer the consequences of a truth that can't be changed and that's it . That's all there is to it . Over.
Nothing else but. Kaput.

Sorry for the slkow responses this thread took off a little faster than what I'm used to.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Isn’t the OP just a loose reinterpretation of Pascal’s wager? Surely the logical failures of that are well known around here? For one, someone of another religion can just as easily dangle some other horrific fate in front of a Christian and say why don’t you believe in X since if you don’t this terrible thing will happen to you. The logic is the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

This was sort of an indirect response to my post, haha! I would like to respond.

First, I'd like to quote myself real quick:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I do not think China is a very extraordinary claim, but ghosts certainly are.

Now that's out of the way, I'd like to quote you.

Every culture on Earth believes in them. It's part of every major religion.

If you can reject all of that evidence about ghosts so easily, how dare you think I am a fool when I reject China?

I will not think you are a fool to reject China. I think it is strange considering how less of a claim China is than Ghosts, but that is all.

Also, I am afraid not every culture believes in ghosts. Some believe other things. I have to quote myself again:

Just because someone tells me something is real, should this really mean I should believe in it? People make many claims, and many of those claims contradict other claims. How am I supposed to believe them all when they contradict each other?

So who should I believe? The person saying there are ghosts after death, or someone who says some other anomaly happens after you die?

Or a third option: I should believe none of it until I have investigated the claims myself, discovered the evidence, and made my own conclusion based on it.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I wonder why so many religious posts about Satan, the rapture, repenting, anti-gays, and so on all sound like the stories my parents told me when they tried to scare me of the boogieman

1) Random religious poster makes some statement without any proof.
2) Others challenge the statement.
3) Initial poster claims his statement is correct because the Bible says so and the Bible is God's word.

Kinda hard to discuss subjects with people who don't think rationally or logically

I am thankful that you're worrying for me though, thx for that! I'll return the favor because that's how I roll

There is a giant purple turtle floating in space. It is the real creator of everything, and after all this billions of years, it's gone a bit mad. If you wanna go to purple turtle heaven, you need to make a handstand every day at 3pm while reciting the following quote by the mighty turtle's prophet, Homer Simpson:

Dear mighty turtle: The gods have been good to me. For the first time in my life, everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is. So here's the deal: You freeze everything the way it is, and I won't ask for anything more. If that is OK, please give me absolutely no sign. OK, deal.

You're welcome!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can certainly imagine myself, after death, resting peacefully in my grave, with nothing to ever come and bother me. Even after a lifetime of belief in God.

I can imagine you being buried for two thousand years and being excavated in the future. They would come across your Pharaoh's mask wearing sunglasses and be in bewilderment. What type of leader was this fellow?

Anyway, let's think about this logically for a moment. I believe the Bible tells us that where two or more are gathered, Jesus is there. I believe also that the Bible tells us that whatever we ask in His name will be given.

So there are more than two believers reading this thread at this very moment I'm sure. Let's pray for the atheists to be taken to heaven and enjoy an eternity with God regardless of what they believe. Sounds good to me.

While we're at it we can pray for world peace and ask God to put the brakes on His whole Armageddon plan while we're at it. Ask Him to give the whole planet a peaceful wake up call that gets no one hurt. We can also ask for His love and peace to flood the entire world and purge it of anything that doesn't line up with Him.

Let's face it, we don't need this maze of uncertainty that we've become so used to. Ask Him to show us the truth and lead us into an eternity with Him. I believe the Bible also tells us that we can move mountains if we had the faith of a mustard seed.

Now that that is out of the way we can be assured that God will do what we asked in His name and that no one will suffer and everyone will know the truth. Doesn't that feel better? I know I do. If this doesn't work than I suggest we subpoena the Pope for pushing false goods on us.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

If an all knowing all powerful god does exist and he wants to send me to hell for not believing in him because I had no proof then so be it, I would rather not be in heaven anyway

In all fairness posts like yours are a joke. They're really nothing.
This isn't preaching friend, it is a thread where these types of threads go.
So try to stay in context or don't reply. You do have a choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join