It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The # 23?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
OK this is a dumb question I know, but I was wondering if the # 23 means anything? You see it everywhere in movies and T.V shows even #'s that will add up to 23? I was told a few years ago that it was a powerful # the illuminati uses when they are involved?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I can't say anything about 23 but I do know that 22 is one of those "sacred" numbers, as is 33 and 13.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Have to agree with Magestica there!!

I think 23 is a powerful number.

Oh crap!!!!

My sister's birthday is on the 23/03/03
I live at number 13 and my old code for work is filled with
2's and 3's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NO JOKE!!

The NWO may run the NHS!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If you pay attention the numbers in movies from here on out-or on tv I swear you'll see they are most likely 23 or add up to 23 look at license plates,room numbers,peoples ages everything..I've been doing this for years. I don't know maybe it's just a "hollywood" number or something, but its weird to me?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So thats why Michael Jordan could jump so high and play so well. Illuminaty super player good old number 23. That must also be why he played so poorly when he had number 40 something. (Can't remember).

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
LOL K_OS-see there ya go that must be it!
No but for real, I did some re-search on the # 23 and it IS a very powerful and magical number, though I still don't know why it's so widely used. I also remember my aunt received an e-mail after 9/11 and it was a full page of numerology and most of the stuff with numbers added up to 23 or were 23 already. I've tried finding it again but no such luck yet, but I'll let ya know if I do

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Strange number alright... Seems to crop up in my life often for some reason...oh well...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
ok bare with me it will not give me the site but if you have yahoo, type in "the number 23" in search then click the very first site that comes up-it just says number 23 then click enigma and well well well....very very interesting indeed!!! Let me know what you all think please

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
dont click number 23 but specific numbers> 23 instead then click enigma

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here are a few of the things that I have found out about the number 23:

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes.
The pattern of DNA shows irregular connections at every 23rd section.
Humans have 23 vertebra running down the main part of their spines.
Blood circulates the body on average every 23 seconds.
The average head of human hair can support 23 tons of weight.
Measure the circumference of your head in inches and see what you get!
The golden section, an ancient progression of whole numbers represented by the series 2,3,5,8 etc. is repeated again and again in Nature.
Biological symmetry also mirrors the importance of the number five [i.e. five main bits spread out like a starfish, arms, legs, head etc., then five fingers, etc.].
Five (2+3), is an immensely significant number in all ancient and some modern rites and rituals. Take the pentagram and modern [post-Crowley and Chaos] magick.
The male and female sexual cycles run on different scales. Male cycle: 23 days. Female cycle 28 days [lunar month]. You blokes out there may not know
about your sexual cycle but if you were a Tantrist doing your sex magic on a regular basis then you would!

The I-Ching, practised by Taoist scholars since one thousand BC, uses coins (of which tails value 2 and heads value 3) to create a process of divination
that views past, future and present as a whole. Central to the philosophy is the realisation that current reflection and meditation will effect the course of events. The I-Ching provides no set predictions but shows a possible course on one fractal arm of the future.The 23rd hexagram of the I-Ching signifies Chaos, Disintegration.

December 23, 2012 is the day the classic Mayans said the world would end.
The human biorhythm cycle is 23 days long.
The Harmonic Convergence occurs every 23,000 years.
Geosynchronous orbit occurs at 23,000 miles above Earth's surface.

To me though the number 23 means nothing,just another number.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well Abraham you might be right about the 24th i'm not sure,just something i read.
I don't believe 23 is a special number you can take any number and it will crop up in everyday life!

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
When I was interested a while back in 'the law of fives' it mentioned somewhere that 23 is an important (most important) significance. I wish I could comprehend it more, but I think it has something to do with the law of fives(principia discordia), which says, whether indirectly or directly, everything is affected with fives.
I still don't understand it, but do remember 23 being used.

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by pacman]

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Uh we have 25 vertabrae. Or 26 I'm not completely sure.

www.combo.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
As i said it was something i read and 23 is just another number.

Neck to Lumber is the MAIN part of the spine have a count up i think you will find 23.Check your link and diagram again,or maybe you didn't read my sentance right.Anyway doesn't matter to me not that bothered about it.

TRD

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by The Real Deal]

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by The Real Deal]

arc

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
23 is also the 9th prime number

2+3=5, the 3rd prime number and incidentally the number I get when I add the numbers of my birthdate together (11 Jan 1973)

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well real deal about the spine. Reason I started checking it was because someone else claimed that there were 32 vertabrae and your head made 33, 33 degrees in masonry?

But you said 23 so I went hmm, better look this up.

I did and it seems there are 26 or 25, but yes if you only count moveable vertabrae you get 24 or 23.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
real deal you are too cool! that is true!! the sequence of numbers that you find in nature is in relevance to the 'fibonacci' spiral and the phi ratio.. tis true tis true...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Isis i never said they wasn't just that I DON'T believe in the numbers being special.If you read my post i think i said "some thing's i had found out" and at the bottom" i don't think it is a special number".Next time read it properly before you wan't to run me down but hey if you wan't to try to change my mind you are more than welcome as i will most certainly listen.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Not meaning to be to pedantic but we have 33 vertabrae: is the following format
7 cervical vertabrae(neck)
12 thoratic vertabrae(upper body)
5 lumber vertabrae(lower back)
5 sacral vertabrae(hips, although fused together)
4 coccygeal vertabrae(tail remenants)
but i did see someone say the illumionanti like 33 so there you go then

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join