It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beautiful Iran You Weren’t Aware Of!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
So because it's pretty we shouldn't go to war with a actual threat?

What threat? The ones you see in the MSM? You know, the ones with headwear screaming "Allah Akbar" or the ones you see here? The ones portrayed in a desert setting like they were Bedouins, or the ones in these lovely settings?

It's about perception. As long as the MSM keeps people thinking that way it make selling war much easier.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If Israel or America attacks Iran...not too good for America and Israel. There are a few countries I wont mention sitting on the sideline waiting for us to do something stupid.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Great region, difficult culture

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

And going to war makes us safe how exactly? We went to war with Iraq/Afghanistan, and yet we still suffer attacks. Thousands have died, we still have shoe bombers, people trying to blow up cars on Times Square, ...

We might make it more difficult for the people who hate the US/West for whatever reason, but we can't stop them for good. Also, going to war increases the number of people hating the West. Think about it: War leads to collateral damage! If you daughter would die to some stray missile, you would HATE the guys who fired the missile. You might not have been on the side of the few (!!) extremists before that incident, but after it, you kinda hate the same people.

What do you think is more effective...spending BILLIONS on weapons to invade a country, or using the same money to help the people in those countries? That money would have convinced millions that the US/West isn't evil. Do you think the average poor farmer in Afghanistan would have joined Al Qaeda if the West would have used the money to fund his child's education or necessary vaccinations? Do you think the people of those countries would support terrorists if they felt the West supports them?

Of course now you're gonna say "why should we give them money?". But think about it for a second. You are willing to spend billions of money on military to give you that safety, when in reality, that money could be used differently to achieve a much better result.

Of course then we couldn't get the oil, and the weapons lobby wouldn't be happy...so yeah, let's forget about the idea. If it were all about safety and stopping the hate and the attacks, the "humanitarian" way would probably be more effective.

The US clearly wants to the the "leader of the world", just like a lot of other Western nations. They should finally man up and figure out that war isn't necessarily the best way to achieve that goal. If they want other countries to look up to them, and want to be looked at as a leader, they should act like one instead of trying to enforce their leadership by pure violence.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
So because it's pretty we shouldn't go to war with a actual threat?

Yeah, makes total sense.

some people are just so damn.....

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Gakus]

Maybe the actual threat is your self?

Go to war with yourself, since you like war so much. Or if you want war with Iran pack up your individual gear and hitch a dingy boat. Good luck.

When you get there, I wonder if you'll ever find a reason why you'd want to go to war with Iran. God forbid the fact that they have absolutely nothing to do with you and have absolutely no idea of who you are.

You and all the other armchair warriors should go wage your own war against random countries way across the globe. Who are you waiting on? Pack your bags and go. When you get there remember to let us here on ATS know what the "threat" was to you, an unknown stranger from way across the ocean.

Did the land known as Iran eat your lunch, murder your family? What did it do to you? What did its president to to you? Don't tell me what your government thinks, I'm asking you. Surely you have a brain and mind of your own.

What is the "threat" and how is Iran exclusive in possessing this "threat". Surely not nuclear weapons? Surely not something that Israel has 500+ of?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by barrywood]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I knew my deja vu sense were tingling when I read this thread, okay so.. what about Iran having nice looking places? Same goes for nations calling places like China and India overpopulated slum countries, sure some of it's true but it's not the whole nation.

Is it just me or is this an attempt to get lots of flags and stars? Which the OP has evidently done.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I would be interested in seeing your data backing up that statement about Christians. You are correct the president of Iran said that but I have never seen,heard,or read anywhere that millions of Christians believe there are no homosexuals in the USA. Please post your source.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Iran isn't just a beautiful country, it's also home to some of the most beautiful women in the world. If only they would take off their veils and show off their beautiful faces sometime!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So there are rich people in oil-rich Iran, big shocker there.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
There is a sense of paranoia about Iran, which the West fears would unleash a barrage of nuclear tipped missiles at Israel, US interests in West Asia and possible the US of A in the near future. While it’s difficult to verify and substantiate this threat there is fear that Iran would be attacked sooner than later in order to pre-empt the Iranians.

Iran is being portrayed in the West as despicable, vile and evil – a country on the brink, being ruled by extremist Mullahs who despise the US of A and all it stands for. Probably this is true to a certain degree but check out the real Iran and its beauty. Can you imagine all this being destroyed in a needless war, seeing the dirty global geopolitics being played out?

Uramunat- Kurdistan- North western Iran

Armenian church- North western Iran

North Western Iran

Bagh-e-eram Palace Gardens, Shiraz

Chahar Bagh avenue, Isfahan

Mazanderan Mansion, Northern-iran

Museum of fine arts, Tehran

Shahzadeh gardens, Mahan, Kerman

White Bridge, Ahwaz, South Western Iran

Tehran

Tehran

All images courtesy Wordpress

Very nice, Barrywood has some good pics also. I've seen many pictures of Iran, it is a beautiful country. The reason they want to attack Iran is a few reason. One, once they get nuclear weapons and/or have a working nuclear reactor (which is their right under the Non-proliferation treaty but people tend to ignore that) countries won't be able to attack them unless they are willing to lose a city or two or even if you mass troops to attack then your troops are essentially prisoners to a country that has the ability to launch a rocket with a nuke if it feels threatened into your troops (causing massive casualties). Ask yourself why there hasn't been a war or an attack against another nuclear power, it's because they have a way of making it costly for the attacker thats it. Two, they have the ability to change the power structure in the middleeast in a number of ways. The Sunnis may decide to go under the Iranian umbrella instead of ours (which is unlikely). But the best one is that Saudi Arabia and other Sunni kingdoms will build their own nuclear reactors and make nuclear weapons.

Then we in the west especially the US are in a catch 22, if we say no to the Saudi's who have helped us and have bought also our debt and sold their oil in dollars instead of some other currency. We may end up alienating them from us and making them find other ways and moving away from the US to other partners. If we allow it, then we make it easier for them to demand whatever they want for their oil. Maybe saying we will continue dollars for now but you will buy our oil at 70 dollars a barrel regardless of the market. And then theirs the Israel situation, if they get nukes both Iran and eventually the Sunni kingdoms and such Israels teeth are essentially pulled out and they really have no way of forcing or manipulating those places to their will or even help from the US. It's all about who is going to be calling the shots in a strategic area.

You know what scares me more than anything, it's the fact that we are making enemies that we have no reason to make for the Amen corner because of Israel and our religious zealots in this country that want the rapture to happen yesterday. Israel's leaders see themselves as controlling the US which helps their power base. The US sees us helping them in order to have a "friendly" flagship in the heart of Arabi and also for the Amen corner. If we as a country want peace, we have to find out why they don't like us what are we doing. Here's an example, if your overseas and you see that all americans go through this line and have to pay this and that compared to other nationalities, thats Bias against you and for the others. You would speak out about that and say it's wrong, you wouldn't like it if somebody said it's okay for us to do this to YOUR people and just live and let live. As you would talk and try to change the situation, so is the rest of the world and the Arab countries who know that we are hypocritical on many stuff in regard to Israel and also other places and people.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I think the comparison is completely relevant. Some really beautiful places have evil attached to them - a peaceful village in Germany, an elegant plantation house in the US South, etc.

I don't know if there's a compelling reason to go to war with Iran or not, but some pictures that may as well have been distributed by the Iranian Tourism Bureau is not a compelling reason either way.

Note, though, that I don't necessarily believe everything the MSM says, nor everything the non-MSM says, either. I believe everyone has a self-serving agenda when it comes to what news to report, EVERYONE.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
At least we will have some pictures for the upcoming ATS thread:

Iran War-- Before and After

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by barrywood

I could not have said it better my self

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Iran is also the home of a despotic regime that violently squashes its opposition. It is a place where many human rights abuses occur in the name of religion.

Silly me, for a minute there I thought you were describing Israel.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
When President Bush said "I should have mentioned that I'm a War Monger" I thought he was revering to himself, not speaking on behalf of a vast number of the American People.
Well.... it explains why all these Wars are allowed to happen, not much resistance from home, keep believing your News Medias who have kept you informed so well in the past.

Change of Leader but still same same

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.........?, you can't get fooled again!

Judging by History...... YES YOU CAN!

(wasn't that Obama's speech?)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well,
it is very shameful to try to show the so called good side of "east" to the "west". This is again falling to the trap of western logic. Who cares what they think abou middle east. Justice will be the justice.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
From my middle eastern view (and i am sure i am thousand times cultivated than 90% of americans), I think the Americans are horrible people, and i demand here that they should show here some nice nature pictures of their country right now. (sorry for poor english, it is my 4th language).

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
reply to post by rangersdad

Easy to say. Parts of America are quite beautiful too...and we've had a string of morons for leaders.

i live in nz one of the most beautiful countries in the world but if you came here and saw our muppet/puppet govenment you would swear were worth wipping of the map too

remember this your govenment represents you more than iran but how many polices do you agree with from your govenment?

Note more wars and voilence started from americas actions than from any other group

your being told your country has the right to start a war to prevent one

your being told the govenment represents you personally this is not so

im sure 95% of the people in the world would agree that if they are judged by there govenments that they would bear no resemblance to their wishes for the world

iran is a threat for trying to sell oil in euros

not nukes

same thing happened in iraq when bushes, rumsfelds buddy sadam tryed to sell oil in euros "quick get in there" back to dollars for oil

not the WMD

the puppets are dancing to get us upset like bees (planned fear) too control all things oil and petro-dollar

would the us care right now if the euro move over had not just started

is the control of the world rapped up in the control of oil and dollars
and if so then thats why none of the govenments represent us for to survive the system needs us dependant on oil

oil bought with US dollars

oil and bank control the world (bailout bp goldman )

if the measurement of weather a contrie

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Afghanistan was beautiful too, look what the greedy empires did to it through proxy wars.

America is the old Germany, the difference, the whole world only just realized, except Americans.

Wakeup you dumb F'n tools, you are just like the Germans under Nazis who were the last to say DAAAAAUUUHHHH, they were wrong.

And it took millions of deaths to make them realize.

And don't talk about the holocaust, because it wasn't just the Jews who died in WWII. That is another thing Americans need to realize ..

zzzz

This thread pisses me off because my country once upon a time was something worth looking at, and somewhere worth visiting, and somewhere worth calling home.

Down with the greedy empires

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There are people in Iran who want nothing more than to bring down the U.S. and see it destroyed. With that being said, there are people in every country that want to bring down the U.S. and see it destroyed. That includes the U.S. itself.

Should we bomb the whole planet, just to make sure we get them all?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join