It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars... Does this prove we have already been!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
An interesting footage. I would have expected it to appear on CNN or BBC as it would make good news and attract millions of viewers.

It reminds me of a footage of the moon that was taken by an alledged abductee who happened to have his 8mm camera when abducted. I think that also happened in the 70s and, just like this footage here , the guy was filming from a porthole. Does anybody remember that one. I had saved it on my PC many years ago but now it's lost.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
looks like exact same quality and style of the guy that makes the uber fakes like the footage of the space shuttle after explosion.

after effects, sony vegas, and youtube

and any ufo vid on youtube i ignore anyhow. if it's legit there are much better hosts without having youtube convert your vid.

the conversion adds to the hoax so that bit of artifacting or whatever adds to the mystery of the vid.

thats why if any supposed ufo vid is on youtube now i tend to just ignore it and ignore the thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
At 1:45 on the Mars video you can clearly see a pyramid and symmetrical

structure at the bottom view. ^Y^

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by amari]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I wouldn't call that "clear" but it certainly is something; it's at least as prima facie credible as the face on mars was. (Which is to say that it is credible, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be mundane.)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well this video is quite interesting.

I saw quite a few anamolies throughout it, still on the fence about authenticity.

But this was highly interesting, I swore I saw someone in the flash around :32.

Lo and behold, holy cosmonaut batman....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f47f77a06e9a.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT:

I don't know if this picture is good enough to make out details of the craft, or the identity of the person in the picture. But if so it should go a long way in proving/disproving this claim.

[edit on 6/30/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
3) Why would the US and Russia launch a mutual mission in the 1970s? They HATED each other. Or was that a cover?

Depending om your political take of contemporary history, it is very likely that the Official Story of the US and USSR animosity was nothing more than a Noble Lie to ensure that Nationalism, Patriotism and the Hero Myth of America would be perpetuated through the ages. Consider the following things that were at play during the same time period:

Team B was a competitive analysis exercise commissioned by the Central Intelligence Agency in the 1970s to analyze threats the Soviet Union posed to the security of the United States. Team B, approved by then Director of Central Intelligence George H. W. Bush, was composed of "outside experts" who attempted to counter the positions of intelligence officials within the CIA. Team B concluded that the National Intelligence Estimate on the Soviet Union, generated yearly by the CIA, underestimated Soviet military power and misinterpreted Soviet strategic intentions. Its findings were leaked to the press shortly after Jimmy Carter's 1976 presidential election win in an attempt to appeal to anti-communists in both parties and not appear partisan.

The Team B reports became the intellectual foundation for the idea of "the window of vulnerability" and of the massive arms buildup that began toward the end of the Carter administration and accelerated under President Ronald Reagan.

Numerous scholars and policy-makers, such as Anne Cahn of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, later criticized the Team B project's findings as wrong

en.wikipedia.org...

In politics a noble lie is a myth or untruth, often, but not invariably, of a religious nature, knowingly told by an elite to maintain social harmony, or the social position of that elite. The noble lie is a concept originated by Plato as described in The Republic. However, the concept has far greater scope and has been used by many commentators to talk about much more modern issues in politics (see Modern views, below). A noble lie, although it may benefit all parties, is different from a white lie since a white lie does not cause discord if uncovered whereas noble lies are usually of a nature such that they would do so.
*snip*
Are myths needed to give people meaning and purpose and to ensure a stable society? Or can men dedicated to relentlessly examining, in Nietzsche's language, those "deadly truths," flourish freely? Thus, is there a limit to the political, and what can be known absolutely? In The City and Man, Strauss discusses the myths outlined in Plato's Republic that are required for all governments. These include a belief that the state's land belongs to it even though it was likely acquired illegitimately and that citizenship is rooted in something more than the accidents of birth.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is a far less than 1 second clip of an astronaut In this video. I have done a screenshot, Someone with better crap should be able to figure out more....

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus13
Why would they send all these rovers and surveying missions but not manned missions it would be silly of them not to.

Have you ever watched a sci-fi show? They always send a probe first, if they can. Stargate, they send the Malp or whatever to see what's on the other side, to make sure that they'll be able to breathe. The rovers are there to see if there's anything useful on the surface or beneath the surface, to see if there's any good reason for sending humans. They also might be making sure that there is a place where it's possible to land.

Guy did you read my post??
I specifically said that they would be silly to not have sent a manned mission and have sent all there rover and surveying missions. So with that being said it would be clearthat they have sent probes and other mission but then silly to not send a manned mission after the fact

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I think that landing would have required a much longer mission and we probably weren't technologically advanced enough at the time for the extended stay.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

EDIT:

I don't know if this picture is good enough to make out details of the craft, or the identity of the person in the picture. But if so it should go a long way in proving/disproving this claim.

It looks like somebody sitting in a gutted car turned on an angle. Behind the guy's head, the white bump looks somewhat like a wheel well to me.

See that black tubing behind his head? Is that a HOSE CLAMP on the end of it?
Please tell me that US-Russian technology in the 1970's was more sophisticated than a hose clamp that you'd use on a radiator.

Also, the oxygen mask-- we use those in the hospital, did they use those in the 1970-era space program?

Also, if this were to have happened in the 1970's, wouldn't the guy's hair be much longer considering how long it takes to get to Mars?

Finally, the quality of this video makes it appear like it was shot via a digital camera. I see nothing in the video itself that would indicate it was shot on actual film. If this actually occurred in the 1970's, would they have digital technology?

The porthole itself that the video is shot from looks like the inside or outside of one of those old-style divers helmets.

Part of me still suspects that humans have already been to Mars, but this video doesn't seem to pass the smell test. Of course, I'm not an expert in video analysis nor am I an expert in space flight, so I could be wrong.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Why would they send all these rovers and surveying missions but not manned missions it would be silly of them not to.

Have you ever watched a sci-fi show? They always send a probe first, if they can. Stargate, they send the Malp or whatever to see what's on the other side, to make sure that they'll be able to breathe. The rovers are there to see if there's anything useful on the surface or beneath the surface, to see if there's any good reason for sending humans. They also might be making sure that there is a place where it's possible to land.

Guy did you read my post??
I specifically said that they would be silly to not have sent a manned mission and have sent all there rover and surveying missions. So with that being said it would be clearthat they have sent probes and other mission but then silly to not send a manned mission after the fact

Of course i did not read your post that I replied to a very specific part of.

Guess I'll have to expand what I said, since you failed to connect the dots: maybe they discovered nothing worth sending humans after. There are a lot more resources that have to go into a manned mission than a robotic mission. the robotic mission, they just have to deal with fuel and data transfers; they may not even have to deal with retrieving the probe! with a manned mission, you also need to deal with oxygen, food, training, and countless other things.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Also, if this were to have happened in the 1970's, wouldn't the guy's hair be much longer considering how long it takes to get to Mars?

I'm not sure about your other objections, because I don't know a damn thing about any of them (a hose clamp attaches a hose to something, right?), but this one: maybe he cut his hair, or his fellow cosmonauts cut his hair. A bonding exercise.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Very interesting video. Would be interesting to figure out what type of equipment it is that is attached externally to the capsule.

Love the screencap of the "cosmonaut"

S & F from me!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

EDIT:

It looks like somebody sitting in a gutted car turned on an angle. Behind the guy's head, the white bump looks somewhat like a wheel well to me.

See that black tubing behind his head? Is that a HOSE CLAMP on the end of it?
Please tell me that US-Russian technology in the 1970's was more sophisticated than a hose clamp that you'd use on a radiator.

Also, the oxygen mask-- we use those in the hospital, did they use those in the 1970-era space program?

Finally, the quality of this video makes it appear like it was shot via a digital camera. I see nothing in the video itself that would indicate it was shot on actual film. If this actually occurred in the 1970's, would they have digital technology?

The porthole itself that the video is shot from looks like the inside or outside of one of those old-style divers helmets.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

It doesn't look anything like a gutted car to me, I've gutted many and none look like that.

Hose clamp? I'm not sure, but they do have to clamp hoses right? You do know that not one shuttle leaves earth without duct tape right? Hows that for technology?

These guys are military, so they have a standard for haircuts I'm sure. I don't know how long it would take to get to Mars, so I can't speculate on hair length.

Outside of that, I'm not familiar with 70's tech, much less tech that is available to the military. Anything else is speculation.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have to say that the style of this video is VERY similar to the style of "RetiredAFB" and his American-Russian Apollo videos. The film style, the set style, it's all ringing a bell in that direction.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same production team behind this.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Whew.. I dunno.. If indeed that is fake, it should be honored as the single greatest achievement among all hoaxers in the entire universe..

Looks pretty real to me!! I have no problem believing that we've been to Mars.

Awesome find, thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

FYI, Mars is actually SMALLER than earth. So that's out the window.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This kind of annoys me because last year I wrote a short story called Mars 8, about a secret Russian landing on the planet. Then disaster strikes
dun dun dun...

A very good video if it's a hoax, which I'm fairly sure it will turn out to be, it's excellent. Also if it's a hoax it could have been made into a very good amateur film instead of trying to trick people.

I really hope it's real though, I would get over being lied to fairly quickly this would be amazing however it was revealed. We need to get out there, forget smoking each other in various deserts.

In the words of Douglas Quaid 'Get your ass to Mars! Get your ass to Mars! Get your ass to Mars!'

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
More CGI disinfo to keep the nutters on ATS on edge...

Could be

BTW im one of those nutters whos very excited by this video.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by GW8UK]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
People who keep saying that it isn't real because there isn't enough footage and they would've recorded much more, have you stopped to think that this may not necessarily be all of the footage!? I mean think people! Jeez! Just because the OP only has a few minutes of footage wouldn't have meant that's the only footage they took! Thatt's like watching a trailer to a movie and then saying, "well it was a good movie but it was way too short for me." lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join