It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION: Should Israel be held to their agreements?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
At Israels acceptance into the United Nations, Israel agreed to "Facilitate the return of the displaced Palestinians as soon as possible" Immediately upon acceptance into the UN Israel proceeded to create even more rufugees by attacking Palestinian villages and forcing the people to leave. Over 500 villages have been "cleansed" of Palestinians and inhabited by Israelis. In fact, I do not know of even one agreement, concerning the Palestinians that Israel has adhered to. Not one! They agreed to abide by UN resolutions. tThere are several hundred resolutions against Israel. How many have they honored? Not one! They agreed under the "Road Map" to stop settlement building. They continue to build! They agreed to dismantle hilltop out posts. They are still there, all 121 of them. How many of you believe Israel is a "Rogue" country?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

What, you are surprised??

When it comes to polotics, Israel wrote the book....

Promise everything and do the exact opposite...

I think its even in their Good Book that its fine and even encouraged to decieve non Jews..

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

United Nation was created to serve the world powers so that they may not go psycho and cause a nuclear holocaust.

Hence the VETO power.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

The Veto power is what makes the UN useless.....

Until its a democratic system, its a waste of time..

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

The Veto power is what makes the UN useless.....

Until its a democratic system, its a waste of time..

Treaties are good enough, treaties are the oldest system available, and the most efficient system.

Organization such as UN, EU, AU etc is created to serve the world powers, it is called organizations for a reason, it helps the world powers organize their territories as they are too large to control without.

UN is a tool of NWO, one world government.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The UN keeps a database of all sanctions against all countries. If it's still out there and you can find it, check out Israel's tally. (Last I saw it was right after the devastation of Lebanon.)

But we all know that Israel pays no mind to such bourgeois things as sanctions. They just say no, as they last demonstrated last week. When they're not killing UN peacekeepers, that is. You know, by accident.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

There are currently 54 members of the UN but a 53-1 vote can be vetoed??

How stupid is that..Throw the UN out and start a REAL voice of the world..

And I dont mean a NWO..

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Aren't there typically only 15 nations who vote on things like this? I believe I heard that was all that voted in the latest sanctions against Iran. The vote was 12-2, with 1 abstaining (Lebanon) and Brazil and Turkey voting nay. Maybe it depends on the situation.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes, thats correct. That would be the Security Council.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Israel refuses to sign the NPT but insists on hounding Iran for its nuclear tech, go figure.

Israel uses international law when it comes to sanctions against Iran including the UN. How ironic is this? 'Help us stop the big bad neighbour from standing up to our satanic treatment of millions of people, half of which are children'.

Israel is also investing in drilling rigs tapping into reserves that come from Lebanese waters. It will be some decades until Lebanon has a Navy, better get in now and take what we can.

top topics

join