It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates. Warren Buffett, etc "secret meeting" and the subsequent market "flash crash"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just speculating here, not drawing any conclusions or making any accusations. But I do find it at least slightly eyebrow-raising that the second event ended EXACTLY ONE YEAR AND ONE DAY, TO THE MINUTE, after the first event began.

Coincidence....or conspiracy?

Event 1: 3:00 PM, May 5, 2009 --

"Just over a year ago, in May 2009, word leaked to the press that the two richest men in America, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, had organized and presided over a confidential dinner meeting of billionaires in New York City. David Rockefeller was said to have been a host, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Oprah Winfrey to have been among those attending...

...Buffett and Gates [asked] David Rockefeller to...host the meeting. Rockefeller, now 95, told Fortune that the request was "a surprise but a pleasure." As a site for the event, he picked the elegant and very private President's House at Rockefeller University in New York City, whose board he has been on for 70 years. He also tapped his son David Jr., 68, to go with him to the meeting.

The event was scheduled for 3 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5 --a day urgently desired by Bill Gates...

..the hosts and guests who arrived on May 5 certainly had enough economic tickets to be there: a combined net worth of maybe $130 billion...

Source:
Fortune Magazine

Event 2: 2:45 PM - 3:00 PM, May 6 2010 --

The May 6, 2010 Flash Crash, also referred to as The Crash of 2:45, the 2010 Flash Crash or just simply, the Flash Crash, was a stock market crash on May 6, 2010 involving U.S. corporate stocks, followed by an almost immediate rebound. It was the second largest point swing, 1,010.14 points, and the biggest one-day point decline, 998.5 points, on an intraday basis in Dow Jones Industrial Average history.
source here

Hmmm....

[edit on 6/27/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It is late and I do not feel like finding a source so take my words at your own grace, but I believe this meeting was to discuss charity work and how Warren Buffet donated 99% of his fortune throughout some point in his life and how Bill Gates also donated a large share.

They went on to say that they want other "rich" people to follow in their foot steps.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
call me a doubting thomas if you will
but I don't see any relation between
the two or maybe I'm missing something.

I believe the stock crash was a warning
to congress to not pass regulations
against wall street and the fed.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I believe that the poster above me is right and the meeting had to do with charity. A couple weeks ago, someone posted a thread about it. Also, I don't believe Buffet to be evil or even insincere, IMO of course.

--airspoon

top topics

join