It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Optical Camo "Cloak" Captured on Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You just made that theory up and aplied it as fact, i also know you truly believe your own theory yourself.

You might want to actually watch the video first.This tech is real and no secret and has been showcased publicly on more occasions in the form as seen in the video.The DLP theory you have is impossible as it would not just project on the piece of clothing but on the guys face too aswell on the wall behind him.Not to mention the movements shown.

The material used simply bends light around itself making it possible to see what is behind it.It is because off this same principle that we can see stars in that are actually behind the sun.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Rafe_]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
reply to post by Bedlam

You just made that theory up and aplied it as fact, i also know you truly believe your own theory yourself.

You might want to actually watch the video first.

You know, I started to bet you on it, but it's not fair to smack down unarmed opponents.

Here ya go.

Inventor: Professor Susumu Tachi, University of Tokyo

Tachi's cloak - a shiny raincoat that serves as a movie screen, showing imagery from a video camera positioned behind the wearer - is more gimmick than practical prototype.

"We have a camera behind the person wearing the coat," Mr Tachi told the BBC. The image from the camera is then projected onto the coat, so that the wearer appears virtually transparent when seen through a viewfinder.

From Tachi's website, showing that the "invisibility" is only apparent through the system's viewfinder, and is a computer projection of a camera image

This idea is very simple.If you project background image onto the masked object, you can observe the masked object just as if it were virtually transparent.

It's a projection system, with either a live camera image from behind the person, or a static camera image in those shots where he's really close to the bookcase or whatever behind him. It's crap. It's most definitely not some sort of metamaterial device.

edit:

Here's a brochure from Tachi, with pictures! Secrets REVEALED!!11!

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That IED video of the cloak guy jumping onto the Abrams is old and completely misunderstood. To me, it looks just like a guy from a tank crew, in an olive or digital camo style (like MARPAT) tank suit, running over to the Abrams to see if he can jump in because he is obviously unprotected. If this happens moments after an IED blast of another tank than it's pretty obvious that he's running for cover, hence why he ducks for a moment while fellow soldiers converge on the scene.

The invisible effect is a few things; poor image quality, part of the red circle covering him as he runs, and the fact that he is wearing a coloured uniform that is intentionally designed to screw with eyesight anyways ala camoflauge.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yeh. Seen this video a while ago. Not sure what to make of it to be honest. Looks kinda cool though.
Reminds me of the upcoming 'Ghost Recon - Future Soldier' game.
Which is apparently all based on future tech currently being worked on by the military.

[edit on 6/29/2010 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
check out this video

When he holds the ball/brick infront of his face and said ball/brick are the objects covered in the cloaking material, not his body, why can you read the letters that are behind his head? Shouldnt it the ball/brick be invisible and you see his face behind it? Something smells fake about that video.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Does anyone here understand the optics and projection system required to power something that would create "optical invisibility?

It doesn't work like that.

There are no cameras and projectors involved..it's based on 'metamaterials', (man made materials with properties not found in nature), that bend or curve visible light (and other spectrum's) around an object, effectively making it invisible.

The concept is not one of an object clad in a flexible LCD screen, with tiny cameras projecting what is visible around him onto the screen...that's old hat and has been since the 90's.

There was a picture floating around from the late 90's showing President Bush Senior on a fishing trip, standing in the water in waders with his fishing rod in front of him, apparently speaking to someone to his right...only nobody was visible to his right...only another fishing rod, suspended in mid air...secret service probably has this tech and has done for a while.

Military and government tech is at LEAST 30 years in advance of anything that the public have access to..probably longer.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

It doesn't work like that.

There are no cameras and projectors involved..it's based on 'metamaterials', (man made materials with properties not found in nature), that bend or curve visible light (and other spectrum's) around an object, effectively making it invisible.

Tachi's gimmick definitely doesn't involve metamaterials.

Neither does this youtube video.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Think its just a bad camera

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Video seems rather fake but you can bet your ass America has this technology, it's whether it's being deployed currently is the question.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
if we DID have this tech, you dont think we'd use it as a deterrent for other countries activities that promote terrorism>?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ive looked but cannot find that picture of george bush sr fishing,
If anyone has a link to it I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I love this video. First off I can say that we did not have optical camo. I know that vehicle and crew. That vehicle was bumber number A12 from my unit in 2004. That vehicle was hit by an IED that severely injured the driver (thats why you only see 3 of the 4 crew members get out)
The unusual look of the uniform is from the halon system in the vehicle that discharges if any of the sensors are triggered by smoke/ fire which in an IED attack they always go off. When the vehicle commander ran back to the vehicle and looked down inside he was calling out to his driver. When he didn't answer he crawled down inside to turn the turret so he could check on the diver. M1 turret has to be in certain positions to access the drivers compartment.

I wish I could give some die hard proof but we were one on the only units to deploy at that time with the green vehicles. We deployed from Germany and didn't have any facilities available to paint the vehicles

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Okay guys, first off this is real tech i didn't think they had it figured out this quickly but of course the army gets it first.

www.youtube.com...

Guys do research then blast ha ha

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If this is real, LETS SEE THE TECH

[edit on 13/8/10 by HomerinNC]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I personally am under the impression that the video quality is the reason why this effect occurred. I don't think there's any invisibility cloak in effect here.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
www.youtube.com...I was looking through the thread www.abovetopsecret.com... on the video link of the methane explosion was another video, US Army Optical Camoflauge Captured on video in Iraq www.youtube.com... I have heard about this for years, i knew this was going to be implimented on aircraft but had no idea this was this far along in development. Pay close attention to every detail of the video, this is a video of a IED attack in Iraq taken in 2009, there is the IED detonation under an Abrams Tank, the Tank rolls off the screen to the left,you then see the 3 scumbags running for cover as the rest of the unit arrives. When the Humvees soilders dismount is when The figure will appear at 3:29 seconds of the video, it moves from right to left, climbs the tank and appears to speak to the tank commander to gain accsess to the tank, also it appears that he speaks to one of the dismounted soilders to point them in the correct direction to engage the attackers. This is a great video, i discoverd it here on ATS in another video, I am convinced this is authentic the motion of the figure as it climbs the tank, and the obvious interaction between it and the dismounted soilders just screams real to me, please tell me what you think.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by 1947flxible]

[edit on 26-6-2010 by 1947flxible]

update- 12-7-10 The Video has been pulled from YOUTUBE, for copyright infringment, whose copyright?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
optical cloak 99 cents, it really works

but seriously, wouldnt doubt it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join