It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Chi just Water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
In males your body contains 60% water (depending on body composition). In women it is 55%.

Could this be the Chi people train? Could you being causing osmosis at a molecular level to use Chi?

Some may call it Qi, but for simplicity I have used Chi.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hmm, how interesting!

You state osmosis with water within the cells could explain Chi and how it is used. I am afraid I do not know much about Chi. Am I right in thinking that it is the so called 'life force' that flows through the body?

I do not quite understand how water moving could affect the body in a substantial, beneficial way, or for that matter how a human could will this water to move at all. If you could better explain it, it would be very helpful!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
Hmm, how interesting!

You state osmosis with water within the cells could explain Chi and how it is used. I am afraid I do not know much about Chi. Am I right in thinking that it is the so called 'life force' that flows through the body?

I do not quite understand how water moving could affect the body in a substantial, beneficial way, or for that matter how a human could will this water to move at all. If you could better explain it, it would be very helpful!

Chi is the life force used in may martial arts, such as Tai Chi. It is an energy you can feel through out your body, and in the martial arts you use it to ad force or movement, etc. You use Chi through meditation, and breathing exercises.

I don't see how the movement of water would work usefully either, but considering our cells use osmosis, why couldn't we control it?

I got this hypothesis from watching the preview for Avatar the Last Airbender... which looks amazing.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hmm maybe it is an electromagnetic property of water?

Remember the Japanese scientists experiments with sound and water?

Dr Emoto.

Please watch.

And let us never forget the Wisdom of Bruce Lee.

Be Water.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was admitted into a adolescent psychiatric hospital earlier this year for an apparent "mental break"(I was doing a bunch of psychedelics at the time, but I still think I was sane and that the admission was entirely unnecessary), and one of things I was convinced of is that H20 is the life force. Unfortunately, I have pretty much forgotten much of my reasoning behind it, I kinda shut up about the topic as I learned how quickly you will be labeled as insane if you have any alternative belief system, no matter how harmless or rational it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i can say drinkin water has huge effect on your health and how u feel
so maybe it helpes with the flowing of chi or life force
i also read that water can effect the molecules of water in the same room without touching it and that kinda suggest the water itself may hold some kind of force or energy if u will
im tired now but i think its interisting though u put out
tanks

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
I was admitted into a adolescent psychiatric hospital earlier this year for an apparent "mental break"(I was doing a bunch of psychedelics at the time, but I still think I was sane and that the admission was entirely unnecessary), and one of things I was convinced of is that H20 is the life force. Unfortunately, I have pretty much forgotten much of my reasoning behind it, I kinda shut up about the topic as I learned how quickly you will be labeled as insane if you have any alternative belief system, no matter how harmless or rational it is.

Please explain what you mean! We may be on the same thought.

H20 is the life force though, without it we die!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ok, I'm gonna be a stick in the mud for your data.

Chi is a life force, according to this:

www.wisegeek.com...

Is it just water? Or a life force?

Many cultures have a concept of some sort of vital energy which runs through all things, such as prana in the yogic tradition. When it is in a proper state of balance, the energy moves smoothly through the space which it inhabits, and supports rather than fights against the space. Balancing this energy is a crucial part of living a healthy and calm life for many people in Asian countries, and the concept of energetic balance has been adopted by some Western nations as well.

You are capable of researching your question on your own, without making a thread, unless you want somebody to back ya up!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
@ Phlynx

Interesting!

You said: "I don't see how the movement of water would work usefully either, but considering our cells use osmosis, why couldn't we control it?"

Well, as far as I am aware, I have never seen evidence that one could control osmosis at the cellular level. It would be quite interesting though! If you have further evidence to support this claim, I would be quite interested in seeing it!

@ muzzleflash

Interesting! I have seen the video you have posted about ice crystals and the form they take based on the 'feeling' applied to them. Has there been any secondary sources to this phenomena or other researchers looking into this interesting thing?

Further confirmation would be very helpful so I can continue the discussion! Thanks very much!

@ Cream

You should not 'shut up' about the subject! I find it very interesting and would love to learn more about it! It is a shame you do not have any recollection of the logic behind it, but if you happen to remember anything, be sure to share it with us!

@icecold7

It is indeed healthy to drink water as opposed to other types of drink! Your second claim, how water is able to effect water molecules (in your own body?), do you remember your source, or do you have any other information about it? I would love to hear of it and learn more!

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

You are capable of researching your question on your own, without making a thread, unless you want somebody to back ya up!

I don't want back up, I want discussion, and if this proves true, I want to know how you can implement it.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Hmm... This is definitely an interesting hypothesis, especially the osmosis part. I might say, that Chi energy will create that 'osmosis' or transformational process in our cells at a sub-atomic level, but how much H20 has to do with it I don't know. I guess I will research a little bit.

Kind of off topic, but for anyone who meditates (or i guess even those that don't) try practicing and then repeating these vowels in a fluid manner and in this order. See if you notice any changes in energy.

A - vocalised as the a in 'father'
O - vocalised as the o in 'comb'
U - vocalised as the u in 'blue'
E - vocalised as the e in 'pen' (i.e. 'eh' - though some pronounce it closer to: 'ay')
I - vocalised as the ee in 'sleep'

mmm...

oh yea, ps, water is A force of life, but I wouldn't say it is The force of life. Imo, that would be energy.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

yes i found my source after thinking hard
unfortunately its a dutch sitewww.wijwordenwakker.org...
this guys has done a lot of research on this matter which maybe should be an entire new thread but it seems tptb covered this up 2
so further research is advised on this ,the basic principle is water flows in a vortex way and it can apparently.. well.. look into it if u want its 2 hard 4 me 2 explain this is an english link 2 on of the guys who studied water 4 a long time very interistinginventors.about.com...
lately i havent been drinking enough water and my whole body hurts if i dont drink a lot of water now
its terrible so remeber 2 drink that crap lol

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Chi is bioelectricity, much like the electrical impulses in our brain.

All matter is electrical in nature, go down below atoms and this is what you find.. this energy permeates everything and connects the universe yada yada yada.. this is basic knowledge for me so I don't know what else to say.

Enough thinking already! Do a little meditation.. relax and breathe.. Imagine as you breathe, not just your lungs, but your entire body is breathing.. know that every cell absorbs energy and try your best to feel it. After doing this for a while, you will begin to increase your sensitivity to energy, it's simple.

This energy is very fluid and does resemble water, Bruce Lee was competent with this energy, check out what he had to say:

www.youtube.com...

Once again, to understand this you can't analyze or scrutinize, you have to FEEL it.

Don't think; Feel..
It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory. -Bruce Lee

Edit: And YES our thoughts can effect water molecules(among other things), as in the video above.. this is us influencing water NOT the other way around. That being said, water plays a key role in the body but it is influenced by us, by our thoughts.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Mayura]

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Mayura]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
just 2 make clear
i was talking about about an experiment where they put 2 open boils of water in a room
one bowl had water that was energized from a stream 4 example
the other bowl had dead water so was standing still
after a while the alive water had revitalized the dead water without touching it
by made alive i mean changed the molecules
im not saying wat this implies in any way
but accordint 2 these guys the alive water is much healthier 4 us
it has somthing 2 do with implosive power which they say is at least 100 times stronger then explosive power
chi flows better throug water especially alive water i would think
i dont think they are the same
,well obviously not

[edit on 28-6-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Chi is bioelectricity, much like the electrical impulses in our brain.

That makes things very interesting.

I've been wondering why TPTB have been pushing salt as such a bad thing (even though if you don't have any, you die).

Salt water conducts electricity much better...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
EDIT: Yeah, sorry, it IS ~60%..

Brains = 70%
Blood = 82%
Lungs = 90%

It's quite obvious that water is the basis of all life. Water is water. So that makes us electric, luminous, liquid beings.

I remember seeing a video/reading an article about some Zen Buddhist monk blessing water with his hands, and how its molecular composition changed. Might be BS 'tho, but it would make sense if the bioelectric/biofield theory is true.

Seems like muzzleflash posted the video I was talking about. Maybe it's true then. Amazing

[edit on 28/6/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
4 the religious ones
and them atheist 2 i guess
the bible states that water is the bringer of life
more then once

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
4 the religious ones
and them atheist 2 i guess
the bible states that water is the bringer of life
more then once
You don't need religion to understand that. Anyone can right that down and have it be correct, doesn't matter if it is the Bible or not.

We evolved from creatures from water, our cells need water, we are pretty much mushy water beings.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

i know was just saing..
2nd u know what

top topics

join