It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Carrion - "Announcing The Center for UFO Truth"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The former Director for Mufon, James Carrion has announced he is creating a "historical research organization" and the intentions of this study group is to examine the possibility that the subject of ufo's was "purposely created by the United States and its allies as part of a cold war operation and perpetuated to this day for national security reasons"

Carrion claims this new organization (CUT) will focus their efforts on researching government archives worldwide and hopes this endeavor will somehow prove or disprove "the government is behind it all" theory.

I am proud to announce the formation of The Center for UFO Truth (CUT) .

CUT is not a UFO organization nor is it affiliated in any way with Ufology. Instead CUT is a historical research organization focused on examining the question long ignored by historians - was the UFO subject purposely created by the United States and its allies as part of a cold war operation and perpetuated to this day for national security reasons?

CUT will focus its efforts on research in official government archives, not only in the United States but all over the world, searching for authenticated official documents that can prove or disprove this theory.

followthemagicthread.blogspot.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

this seems like a noble effort on his part and sounds great but i am having a little trouble understanding why he is approaching it this way because in my opinion, the theory about "the government is behind it all" doesn't hold any water since there have been millions of ufo reports and many of them cannot be explained as being caused by anything made by human technology. the idea that all ufo sightings were orchestrated by some hypothetical worldwide government magic show is preposterous.

Carrion claims 60 years has gone by and yielded no results

Unfortunately,the field of Ufology has nothing to show for more than 60 years of investigation and research.

followthemagicthread.blogspot.com...

some people might disagree there hasn't been any results but doesn't the "nothing to show" opinion he is favoring sorta prove the government could not be behind the whole thing ? if there was some secret worldwide concerted effort to promote the subject of ufo's as a cover for military operations and secret projects, how could they keep something like that a secret ? doesn't the mere fact there isn't much 'document' evidence to support the "government is behind it all" theory " prove Carrion is approaching this whole thing from the wrong perspective ?

in all fairness i have to say there is some evidence the government or military industrial complex has taken advantage of and enjoyed the ufo cover story to help maintain the secrecy of projects like the F117 stealth fighter and Carol Rosin testified at the Disclosure project conference that Werner Van Braun warned her about this concerning the use of space based weapons.

the bottom line here is,

i have experienced a close encounter with something so profound it changed my life forever and it was not anything made by humans. many other people have reported similar situations so it's my opinion the entirety of ufo phenomena cannot all be attributed to the "government is doing it" theory and James Carrion is approaching this the wrong way due to ignorance and his lack of experience.

that's my opinion and i would like to hear yours

[edit on 27-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
The former Director for Mufon, James Carrion has announced he is forming a "historical research organization"

The relevant group (or is this "organization" really just Carrion himself at the moment??) has a webpage at:
www.centerforufotruth.org...

At the moment, it only has an introductory page:

Mission Statement:

Research the history of the UFO subject from 1945 till today through Government authenticated documents.

Goals

· To research the UFO Subject through authenticated official United States government documents

· To research the UFO Subject through authenticated official documents of other world governments

· To prove the theory that UFOs originated as an intelligence operation by the United States and its allies during the Cold War and that intelligence agencies continue to promote the UFO myth for national security reasons.

I always get a bit worried when a group (or individual) focuses first on formulating and publishing a "mission statement"...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to the boards - I might have missed it had you not.

Thanks also for the links.

I'll be following CUT with interest. I mean, I still believe in Intelligent life outside of Earth, but that's beside the point.

peace

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Almost seems like this Carrion guy (interesting name, too...) is being motivated to muddy waters on behalf of the government to HIDE the fact of ET involvement, eh?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thanks for info!

I would love to hear your story, but I understand if you are reluctant to share.

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

The relevant group (or is this "organization" really just Carrion himself at the moment??) has a webpage at: www.centerforufotruth.org...

thanks i'm glad you quoted the "mission statement" because all i get when i navigate to that site is a "access denied" message and it wants information to log in.

i have no way of knowing if it's just Carrion at this point but i would assume he has some un-announced associates since going it alone might prove to be overwhelming with this kind of endeavor.

I always get a bit worried when a group (or individual) focuses first on formulating and publishing a "mission statement"...

i would agree with that and since the ufo phenomena is such a mystery and has no measurable parameters how can anyone looking for the truth focus on one thing and ignore the rest ? just saying

a question for everyone:
how can James Carrion ignore the fact the military industrial complex has been studying ufo's since the 50's and 60's ? would the M.I.C. study their own hoax ? LOL

reply to post by Amaterasu

Almost seems like this Carrion guy (interesting name, too...) is being motivated to muddy waters on behalf of the government to HIDE the fact of ET involvement, eh?

that is a possibility i have considered and i did notice Carrion was doing everything he could to debunk the Roswell case. i'll see if i can find that info again and post it later.

thanks everyone for the replies but i have to let you all know, because of the ridicule factor i won't share my ufo encounter story on a public forum (yes it was more than just seeing a light in the sky) and you will just have to take my word on it. if not, so be it

[edit on 26-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think this guy is wasting his time;
Aliens are real;

My guess is that he will just find a bunch of stuff about the "Nazi Bell UFO"
or MILABS aka Fake “Alien Abductions” Conducted by Shadow Government Para-Military Operatives

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

To prove the theory that UFOs originated as an intelligence operation by the United States and its allies during the Cold War and that intelligence agencies continue to promote the UFO myth for national security reasons.

I was a James Carrion fan, but I have concerns about this approach.

Claims to the contrary notwithstanding, I see the event that kicked off modern UFOlogy as the Kenneth Arnold sighting, NOT Roswell. So to prove what he wants to prove would require implicating Kenneth Arnold in the conspiracy and I'm not sure he can do that. However a guy named Kenn Thomas might think he can link subsequent activities of Kenneth Arnold to cooperation with Air Force officials:

theunexplainedmysteries.com...

That theory sounds pretty far fetched but I don't doubt that Arnold cooperated with Air Force investigators.

As someone else pointed out the military was investigating UFOs but that could be just a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing, either unintentionally or intentionally.

Certainly at some point the government/military/CIA may have all enjoyed and contributed to the UFO mythology.

But anyone trying to point to a single cause for UFOlogy will probably fail, and this example is no exception. I don't believe there's any one single cause and research tends to confirm this. I read an article by someone stating that they thought Skyhook balloons were the cause of post-cold war UFO sightings. Well I'm sure some were, probably the Mantell case was just that, but again the Arnold case wasn't, as I don't think there was a fleet of 9 skyhook balloons.

Maybe I will see more from him that will alleviate some of the concerns I have about this, but with the limited information we have so far, I have to say I'm very skeptical of this current approach he's taking.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

the subject of ufo's was "purposely created by the United States and its allies as part of a cold war operation and perpetuated to this day for national security reasons"

The subject of UFOs has been dicussed and documented amongst a multitude of civilizations and cultures for centuries.

Their mission statement is poo poo.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

The subject of UFOs has been dicussed and documented amongst a multitude of civilizations and cultures for centuries.

facelift your not wrong about that, there have been some really interesting cases reported from centuries ago.

does this mean Carrion has lost his bloody mind ?

Their mission statement is poo poo.

i'm sure James will love to hear that if he ever reads this thread !

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow.....

Thanks for another interesting discussion!

I guess Carrion could try to use this approach to EXCLUDE the "government invention of the UFO phenomenon".

But, it does all sound a bit awkward.

I wonder which other "names" will pop up as part of this.....

As per other members (above), I guess we'll just have to keep a "watching brief".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What about the Foo fighters seen in WW2, wasnt that before the cold war?? Im so sick of this dilly dally hogwash spouted out by randoms who dont accomplish anything. There is life in space lets find it..

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

thanks

But, it does all sound a bit awkward.

yes it does and i think i have figured out why Carrion is using this "awkward" approach. he is all freaked out
because he found out about a top secret program called Project Seal and because the military/cia used the ufo cover story to fool the Russians while they were working on this weapon he thinks the entire ufo phenomena was fabricated to help sell the lie.

MUFON's James Carrion believes that Project Seal was utilized in an elaborate deception program to convince the Soviet Union in 1947 that UFOs were a secret American weapon's project, and also ferret out Communist agents within the US [4]. The Project was terminated in January 1945, but information leaked to the press in 1947 by both Thomas Leech, Director of Project Seal, and James Marion Snodgrass, an American scientist who collaborated on the project in its infancy, promoted it as an ongoing top secret research project. The press speculated what the weapon could be, and based on the fact that Thomas Leech was an expert in aerodynamics speculated that it was an airborne weapon. This made the headlines of major newspapers worldwide two weeks before Kenneth Arnold had his famous June 24th sighting of "flying saucers".

en.wikipedia.org...

A counter-intelligence operation could have been organized around this deception operation and the subsequent UFO events of 1947 to try and smoke out these agents. U.S. counter-intelligence forces could quietly monitor any persons who suddenly took interest in the subject of UFOs as potential Soviet agents.

Whether the UFOs witnessed in 1947 were manmade or from somewhere else does not matter, as they could be used either way for counter-espionage purposes to induce the belief that they were a secret weapons program of the United States. Joint Air Force-Navy Air Intelligence report 100-203-79, Analysis of Flying Object Incidents in the United States, dated December 10, 1948revealed that the United States had documented UFO incidents early in 1947, even prior to Kenneth Arnold’s sighting. However, a Report on Flying Disks, dated July 25, 1947 from HQ, Air Defense Command, Mitchel Field to the Commanding General, Army Air Forces concluded
that:

(a) This ―flying saucer‖ situation is not all imaginary or seeing too much in some natural phenomenon. Something is really flying around.

(b) Lack of topside inquiries, when compared to the prompt and demanding inquiries that have originated topside upon former events, give more than ordinary weight to the possibility that this is a domestic project, about which the President, etc. know.

scilib.ucsd.edu...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

CUT will work outside of the three ring circus that is Ufology and will not accept the contributions of anonymous individuals or alleged whistleblowers nor will it examine alleged leaked documents.

Source

I like that
Seems like it might be a serious effort, who knows what they might uncover along the way.

OT, I like Carrion, he accused Open Minds of being a intelligence disinformation site

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sounds like he is trying to do something similiar to Denver's pending UFO commission:

"UFO-Extra Terrestrial Affairs Commission for Denver on November 2010 Ballot"

which I started a thread on here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
Sounds like he is trying to do something similiar to Denver's pending UFO commission:

"UFO-Extra Terrestrial Affairs Commission for Denver on November 2010 Ballot"

which I started a thread on here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, Carrions effort is the opposite of the Denver campaign.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Acknowledge that Carrion's focus of the source will be different
from the Commission's.

From the OP: "Carrion claims this new organization (CUT) will focus their efforts on researching government archives worldwide and hopes this endeavor will somehow prove or disprove "the government is behind it all" theory."

So I don't think he is closing the door completely. I think he will eventually find out that UFO's are a combination of ultra secret military technology and extra terrestial origins.

But, they will both be gathering documents from all over the world.

The UFO Commission in Denver, if passed, will have more credibility
in my opinion as it is unique for a city and county to acknowledge
that UFO's and extra terrestrials exist, and the commission will be funded by private donations, etc.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Acknowledge that Carrion's focus of the source will be different
from the Commission's.

But, they will both be gathering documents from all over the world.

The UFO Commission in Denver, if passed, will have more credibility
in my opinion as it is unique for a city and county to acknowledge
that UFO's and extra terrestrials exist, and the commission will be funded by private donations, etc.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by manta78]

The Denver Extra campaign rests on the fables of the Disclosure Project. They assume that the aliens are here and that the U.S government is keeping this from the public. CUT (the crap?), as I understand it, will try and find out if the U.S government created the UFO subject for national security reasons during the Cold War.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Well I edited my response to you probably while you were replying to me
as follows:

From the OP: "Carrion claims this new organization (CUT) will focus their efforts on researching government archives worldwide and hopes this endeavor will somehow prove or disprove "the government is behind it all" theory."

So I don't think he is closing the door completely. I think he will eventually find out that UFO's are a combination of ultra secret military technology and extra terrestial origins.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Well I edited my response to you probably while you were replying to me
as follows:

I don't think he's closing the door on that either but it's not his assumption. In my opinion that's a BIG difference.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join