It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are any ATSers on the "no fly" list?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Have any of you out there on ATS had problems when trying to fly?

Are you or any of your friends on the " no fly" list?

www.no-fly-list.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Looks like I can fly where ever I want in the world. Thankfully my chances just grew to join the U.S Air Force. Of course I don't have a passport.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm kinda on the no fly list. Someone with my name is on it. I just have to make them check my SS# & my northwest account. It still adds a half hour to the wait.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm not on it!
Reason why I am happy is my last name SHOULD match up with a few Arabic names (and a couple French ones, too).

Now... someone wanna try to decipher the 'stats' of the people ON the no fly list....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Seems like my 14 year old is on the no fly list lol.

Well, probably somebody who shares his name is.

Interesting..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well i am on a terrorism watch list for not wanting to piss into a wet hole if you know what i mean.

I got put on a watch list since 1992, for nothing. I suppose being of irish origin in london probably made it worse for me too.

You can be put on a watch list for nothing. Like i said, not wanting to piss into a female, effectively cost me my adult life.

I am glad i was not interested in females.

But my life has shown how simple it is for people to put you on a watch list.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKay then.....

I decided to page thru the names- I got first off: " Quota Exceeded

One of the following has occurred:

* You have exceeded your quota of page requests from this site; or
* We're experiencing heavier traffic than normal

Please try your request again in a few minutes."

And then... the TSA symbol went from this:
To this:

BTW- just for my own evil purposes... how do you get someone stuck on the 'no fly' list....

[edit on 26-6-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
so since its a non goverment entity its allowed to strip the rights from people ? it sould be the airway co. that says weather or not people are fit to fly .

lame ..

The data ("the Data") displayed herein is provided "as is" with no warranty whatsoever, neither express nor implied, and no claims are made regarding its accuracy, veracity, or suitability. Inclusion of persons in the Data does not imply or allege their participation in terrorist activities. The Data is intended to be used for reference purposes only, and should not be relied upon as the sole determining factor of an individual's participation or non-participation in terrorist activities. All persons are presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

By using this web site you agree to release from liability and hold harmless the Terrorist Security Administration (TSA), its employees and affiliates for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the Data. The TSA is an independent, non-government organization and is in no way affiliated with any branch of any government, corporation, individual or other entity, whether real or imaginary.

Copyright © 2001 - 2010 by the Terrorist Security Administration. All Rights R

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't know if I am on a list, but every single time I go in through the screening, I get separated and have additional screening done, like a huge Q tip on my shoes or my lap top opened and checked thoroughly.
Maybe because I look mean and angry or anxious because I am looking at everyone that looks fishy and thinking of how would I take them down if they try something stupid in the plane?
Who knows?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKay then.....

I decided to page thru the names- I got first off: " Quota Exceeded

One of the following has occurred:

* You have exceeded your quota of page requests from this site; or
* We're experiencing heavier traffic than normal

Please try your request again in a few minutes."

And then... the TSA symbol went from this:
To this:

BTW- just for my own evil purposes... how do you get someone stuck on the 'no fly' list....

[edit on 26-6-2010 by wylekat]

Yup. Maybe I just don't know any better; I thought TSA was acronym for Transportation Safety Administration. A Government entity.

I did a search for just my last name, and none were found.

I guess if you can have charges of terroristic threats against somebody, and have them convicted for such, you can have their name applied to the list.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

reply to post by wylekat

reply to post by Nephi1337

Ok.. you guys do know that that site is not THE no-fly list, right? THE no-fly list is brought to us courtesy of the Transportation Security Administration NOT the Terrorist Security Administration that's on that website.

The real TSA's website is here: Transportation Security Administration

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Only when carrying my law rocket. Or when I wear my turbin (praise be to allah) Sometimes they frown upon me for attempting to bring certain personal property on board (extra stuardess)spelling? They have a problem with the uniforms I assign them. (a little skimpy I will admit)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Those of us who are and travel have "SSSS" on our plane tickets.... I have been since 1999. Last time i traveled from UK back home to the USA and back to UK where I live now was soooo searched for 2.5 hours. I was so late to the boarding gate that my plane lost its take off slot. When I got to the gate they were not interested in taking my ticket and tearing off and returning to me the small stub. They just said run. Got on plane they locked to door behind me and everyone clapped. Other wise I would only suspect that I was on due to the searches I go though when I fly. In My Photos here on ATS you can see what a ticket looks like notice the 4 sets of SSSS and one set has a hole punch through it to show I was indeed taken care of.... I now travel with my military awards in their presentation cases to show that at one time I was someone my men could count on before joining The Viet Nam Vets Against The War protest group. BTW we did not do our jobs well enough as there is now The Iraqi Vets Against The War group....

At least we tried!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not that Im aware of... Then again I only travel in asia anymore and have no desire or reason to return to western countries.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
I'm kinda on the no fly list. Someone with my name is on it. I just have to make them check my SS# & my northwest account. It still adds a half hour to the wait.

same thing with me, I was kind of nervous when it happened the first time. It's not a fun experience when your name red flags in their system.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Of course, you'll never find me in one of those flying machines.
I would like to know, if you can help, how does one find out if one is on the no-fly list?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I am so confused and amused by this post. What in the hell does that even mean?

I'm sober as a judge (for the moment) and felt like I was beyond intoxicated reading that...

Someone enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm not listed, and so far, none of my friends and family are.

I have a pilot's license, but no plane yet. As soon as I get one though I'd be using it for my cross country travels to avoid all the airline/security bull. However, there's still a problem at some smaller public airports with, not only crap parking fees, but FAA inspectors (kinda police checkpoints where they ask for your driver's license) and then snitches who want a pat on the back for their affiliation with the police / government / authorities. Landing at private airports would be the solution.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is probably the second no-fly list...i think they call it something like the screening selection list. The real no-fly list is for the really bad guys and is purportedly much shorter. When the list came out, they tried to claim that the lists contained some ridiculously low number of names.

top topics

join