It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cooper Destroyed by Don Ecker

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hey Folks,

Many of you may be familiar with a conspiracy theorist known as Bill Cooper.

In his day, he was known for being a liar, a drunk and a downright nasty individual to be around. After a few years in the field he had burned all of his bridges and no one wanted anything to do with him.... Everyone finally knew what kind of person Bill Cooper was.

But lately there has been this modern patriot myth about Cooper starting to develop. People are acting like he was some kind of a hero, or that he did less harm than good and wasn't a drunken ass.

Basically, I've seen people idolizing the man online, praising him, and talking about him like he wasn't a lying drunk with and anger problem and penchant for lying. It bothers me; people looking up to Bill Cooper - And I know I'm not alone.

Some people with more experience with Bill Cooper than anyone else have taken notice of this unusual turn and it bothers then too. In fact, Don Ecker got so pissed about it that he dedicated two hours to a show wherein he utterly destroys Bill Cooper and plays several hilarious/sad clips of the drunken/enraged/lying bill cooper doing what he did best: being drunk, lying and raging.

Well Folks, Your good buddy Exuberant1 has managed to locate a copy of that wonderful show and here it is, along with Don Ecker's account of what drove him to produce the show:

Bill Cooper-Are you ****ing Kidding???

Just allow me to say this, I have never meant a more bald faced liar, plagiarist, or despicable human being that the person who was Bill Cooper. Along with my exposes (some links here and more on the web) I also suggest reading “UFO’s, Aliens, and “Ex” Intelligence Agents: Who’s Fooling Whom? The Inside Story of John Lear, Bill Cooper and “The Greatest Cover-up in Hunan History” by Lars C. Hansson --- copyright 1991 by Paragon Research & Publications. (As a side note, I was the first to place this on the web with permission of Lars Hansson.) Lars Hansson's Affidavit
www.ufomind.com...

After seeing the thread here on The Paracast where one of the users asked about Cooper, I was actually shocked. I thought this guy had been “put to bed” years ago but I was wrong. I did some websearching on him and again was shocked by the acceptance of this guy by the “disaffected” and brain damaged on the web. There are people out there to this day that think Bill Cooper is the real deal. Jesus!

Some of the names associated with this story include but are not limited to the following.William "Bill" Cooper, John Lear, George Knapp, Bob Lazar, Tony Pelham, Lars Hansson, Billy Goodman, Tom Leykis, JFK assassination, Doug Deane, Michael Callan and the list goes on and on.

When I was preparing this episode of Dark Matters Radio, I had to go back thru 20 years of files, old issues of UFO Magazine and hundreds of tapes. More than once I got so disgusted I damned near threw it all out. My “Black Dog” reared his ugly head going through that Cooper #. However I knew that lots of folks were not around then to see and hear what was going on so I made a pact with myself to finish this. You will hear Cooper in his own words and nothing tells the story better than that. I hope that this show will answer all your questions about this “# head” named Milton William “Bill” Cooper.” I will say this … I am sorry he is dead because I never did get the opportunity to smash his teeth in.

Without Further Ado, here is the link to the show:

Don Ecker Destroys Bill Cooper - Mp3 file (56 megs)

And allow me to finish with a famous Bill Cooper Quote, it about sums up the man's debate technique - it is actually from debate Cooper had with Lars Hansson on Billy Goodman's show (you'll hear it in the .mp3) about the BS 'driver shot the potus' nonsense he was peddling at the time:

Edit:

FWI,

Here is link to more shows by Don Ecker. His show is called Dark Matters:

www.dqrm.com...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You seem to have a bit of a hard on for some bloke that seemingly died to alert the American people over what was on the horizon for them. Everyone has their short comings, but if you've ever read or watched Bill Cooper, and have a a shred of humanity left, you'd know the man wasn't a phony. Sure. maybe his theory on Kennedy was a little odd ball, but is that enough to actually attempt to rip him asunder post mortem? I believe not. His attempt to warn the American people about OBL and the 9-11 attacks make that man a hero, and ultimately cost him his life.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Bill Cooper was a liar.

And when it comes to his brand of patriotism, don't give him credit for doing something that all decent Americans do anyways.

One of the primary reasons Cooper moved on to parasitize the Patriot Movement was because he had already burnt all of his bridges in the UFO community.

And just like his presence in the UFO community, his presence in the patriot movement did more harm than good. There is nothing worse for anyone's credibility than to be associated with a nutcase like Bill Cooper.

*Also, Please leave the 'hard-on' talk outside the thread. There are other words you could have chosen and children do frequent this website.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just got done listening to a few of Don's archived shows on the paracast....

Don Ecker rules......love him or hate him, agree with him or not, his self-proclaimed "curmudgeon of ufology" fits like a well-worn tee shirt...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Any time alex jones' name is even hinted at on here, the thread turns into a bill cooper boner-athon. "Alex isn't real, bill cooper was real."

Thanks for posting this, it will be useful...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by alaskan]

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sure is classy to attack someone who's in grave for exposing TPTB. As far as I'm concerned, Bill Cooper is a national hero. Despite being wrong on few things, his contribution to educating the masses is unmeasurable.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't know much about Bill Cooper.

A while back I listened to a recording of him calling Alex Jones a liar. And I was impressed with the repetition of the accusation and the vehemence of it, within that one recording. But I don't know what lies he was accusing Alex Jones of telling. I don't believe Bill delineated that. Just over and over about Alex being a liar.

Bill wrote the book Behold a Pale Horse, which is on the subject of the influence of UFOs, which is a topic that Alex Jones does not deal with on his show. Sometimes I wonder whether Alex has even researched UFOs or ETs.

Alex Jones used to be contemptuous of David Icke. Then he realized that David was anti-NWO just like himself and he'd better recognize David's valuable role as a spokesperson. So he apologized and treats him with respect when he has David on as a guest.

Jeff Rense used to have Alex Jones on his show as a regular guest. I think what happened was Alex failed to show up twice, embarrassing Jeff Rense, and right after that Jeff published a story basically accusing Alex of having something to do with Bill Cooper's death.

I guess the important thing is the information these public figures contribute and not the personality clashes?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
As far as I'm concerned, Bill Cooper is a national hero. Despite being wrong on few things, his contribution to educating the masses is unmeasurable.

Bill Cooper was detriment to every field that he waded into.

It wasn't until after his death that people started getting the idea into their heads that this fellow was respectable or some other such nonsense.

Keep in mind his death occurred after he threatened a man with his pistol and then shot a cop in the goddamn head. It wasn't some 'hit' that the government put out on him - the man was unstable and one day he took things too far and paid for it with his life.

Here's one for you FrozenSpark:

*I think it captures the mood and vibe of the current Cooper fan base.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I agree. Cooper was a first rate A-hole and liar. If that's the kind of guy some Patriots want to represent them...they need to read some more.

I listened to Ecker's Dark Matters interview with Lars Hanson ( Lars Hanson (right click save as) ) a while ago . Hanson describes how he had some footage of the JFK assassination....the Zapruder tape. In it, it looked like the driver fired a head-shot at JFK. It's famous and we've all seen it by now. He lent a copy to John Lear as they'd recently gotten to know each other.

Not long after, Lear has shown Cooper. Next thing Cooper is trying to sell the tape and claiming he'd seen it in some Navy archive. He basically lied to his audience. I think he *might* have believed his own theories and was prepared to use any means to 'prove' them.

I know a lot of people think that a man killed by Government agency is a hero dying an honorable death. Maybe sometimes, but I don't think it was like that this time.

Sure, Don Ecker tore Cooper a new one frequently and publicly. By what I've read and heard in the interviews, Cooper was bent over and asking for it.

Cooper's mythology and claims have taken root with some guys, but it wasn't only Don Ecker that described Cooper as an 'out and out bare-faced liar,' by the mid-90s hardly anyone in the conspiracy and ufology field trusted or respected him. Even John Lear detached from him. His peers found him a stranger to the truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Keep in mind his death occurred after he threatened a man with his pistol and then shot a cop in the goddamn head. It wasn't some 'hit' that the government put out on him - the man was unstable and one day he took things too far and paid for it with his life.

I read that he was killed during an arrest attempt shoot-out. I believe the charge was something to do with the possession of firearms.

Not true?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Well said Kandinsky.

I find it is mostly the younger generation which has begun to idolize Bill Cooper. It seems that those of us old enough to have been around at the time and who knew of the ruckus that man caused are not so affected.

Don't it just tick you right off when you see someone online talking all about how great William Cooper was?

...It leaves me shaking my head when I see it.

*Hey did you know that Don and Lars recently did an interview? It is Lars first appearance in 15 years - check it out:

Don Ecker and Lars Hansson, latest interview

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

He was wanted for tax evasion. A warrant was issued for his arrest. He published on his website that any attempt to enter his compound would be 'met with deadly force.'

His reputation as a nutjob with extremist views of Govt and associated agencies combined with his gun locker and the threat of deadly force probably didn't help

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We just happened to run into Bill Cooper's videos in 2007 and if it wasn't for him the hubby and I would still be sheeple.

We watched them for hours and listened to everything he had to say. Some things we accepted, and some thing we put on the shelf to digest later.

He taught us one thing... question everything.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Its easy to wipe the floor with someone who is dead.

William cooper was better than any one in the truth movement today, fact.

Who the feck is this don bloke?

Is he someone that worships alex jones or something?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota

He taught us one thing... question everything.

The one thing you say he 'taught us' is actually pretty common knowledge.

So now that we've scratched that obvious 'lesson' off our list - what's left?

Not much.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Don Ecker is probably the epitome of everything you hate. He's ex-Army Intel and an ex-cop too. Yikes!

If you read a bit about him, you'll find he's very much anti-CIA, NSA, Govt cover-ups etc. You'd probably agree with a lot of his opinions. He's another example that not everyone that wears/wore a uniform is 'murdering scum.' Parking attendants exempted...they are all scum

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Sure, Don Ecker tore Cooper a new one frequently and publicly.

Originally posted by andy1033
Who . . . is this don bloke?

I’m curious, too. What is Don Ecker’s knowledge and background?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Despite my annoying Mr Ecker recently, he's a very credible guy. He's the man that broke the STS-48 video footage and ran UFO magazine for years. Within the UFO research and conspiracy fields, he's got a lot of respect and a lot of friends.

His original expose on John Lear and Bill Cooper was posted on the BBS in 1991...see what you think. You'll notice that he's talking from actually knowing Lear and Cooper.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
His original expose on John Lear. . .

Is this the same John Lear?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The one and only.

He moved like a hurricane through the UFO and conspiracy world. Lot's of noise, disruption and destruction

Not too long ago he was a regular member here on ATS. It's a good bet he's reading this thread and itching to post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join