It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Women Vow to Breastfeed Their Drivers in Accordance With Recent Fatwa if They're Not Given Rig

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Saudi Women Vow to Breastfeed Their Drivers in Accordance With Recent Fatwa if They're Not Given Right to Drive

weaselzippers.us

Saudi women plan to turn a controversial fatwa (religious ruling) to their advantage and launch a campaign to achieve their long-standing demand to drive in this conservative kingdom.

If the demand is not met, the women threatened to follow through the fatwa which allows them to breastfeed their drivers and turn them into their sons.

Breast milk kinship is considered to be as good as a blood relationship in Islam.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
latimesblogs.latimes.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

“A woman can breastfeed a mature man so that he becomes her son. In this way, he can mix with her and her daughters without violating the teachings of Islam,” the scholar said.

This is an extremely interesting approach
Hopefully there will not to violence that comes out of this but that is extremely unlikely

Most likely this will cause ALOT of murders

As one Saudi woman asks, "Is this is all that is left to us to do: to give our breasts to the foreign drivers?"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Absolutely NOT!
And one should not think like this either!

What will giving your breast to foreigners do?
How can that possibly increase one's driving skills?
Or even driving rights??

You know I tried picturing Saudi women breastfeeding foreigners in an attempt to get driving rights... and something just didn't seem right!
I really don't see how this could be effective
There was just something wrong with that picture
Perhaps I am not being that liberal

You know if you go to youtube and type crazy saudi drivers you will get ALOT of results

and also this

Obviously this man is incredibly ignorant to.... well everything
I think the post is good

I mean how many people wouldn't see through this?

weaselzippers.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I read about this this morning and thought it was strange. Apparently anyone a woman has breastfed can be alone with her because he is considered her son and is not a threat to her morality. But the idea of pumping breast milk into a cup for your driver (or even worse, allowing them to suckle) seems strange to me. It's as if they never thought that their segregation laws might be the problem.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Is my license valid over there?

I've often said the destruction of laws can be accomplished by mass exploitation of loopholes.. Good for these women =)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think the Saudis need to realize that it is not Islam, it is their culture which is pushing for such ignorant laws and creeds.

(Once they realize that), something better can come out of the birth place of the one who is so influential around the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
Good for these women =)

Really?
What if this was your mother or sister?
Is it good for the husband of these women or the sons and daughters?
Or their parents or their brothers?

It's not good for anyone
This was perhaps inevitable, from the moment of birth everyone rightfully wants their freedom.

But if it comes to this then it's not a good thing!
Think of the family not just the individual

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
this religion is comedy gold!
I am never surprised at what humor comes from these people

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Good for these women =)

Really?
What if this was your mother or sister?
Is it good for the husband of these women or the sons and daughters?
Or their parents or their brothers?

It's not good for anyone
This was perhaps inevitable, from the moment of birth everyone rightfully wants their freedom.

Yes, this is absolutely fantastic. The best news to come from the Middle East in a long time.

First, and foremost, is that these women are willing to actually FIGHT for their rights. No other group in the middle east does this. They all seem willing to live under tyranny, as long as they are mostly left alone. But these women...that won't work for them. And they are willing to stand up and push back. Bravo. Perhaps it will be the catalyst for change in the region that they so desparately need. YOu see women get rights, and then you can start to follow their model.

But even more than that is stage 2. If the women can get some rights, then we can see them begin to exert their influence a little more on the culture. That is what is desparately needed. Dial down the testosterone and put some temperence in the governance.

It could be great news, if they can ever wrestle some rights out of the narrow minded leadership.

edit to add: i would be proud to have my mother, were she in their position, do what they are doing. Anyone who will stand against tyranny has my full support. 101%.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I can get the rational behind this.
I do not envision men suckling and I doubt it comes down to that.
Rather a symbolic gesture of drinking the breastmilk from a cup to form the bond.

my 2 cents...

where' smy change?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Having been raised in a family that is more useless than good, I've come to think of life in this way :

Just because you are saddled with someone genetically, does not mean you have to have anything to do with them.

"Family" is what you make of things... not what you happen to be "graced" with because of a lucky sperm cell.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Most likely this will cause ALOT of murders

No, not murders, but like women who can no longer breed, ALOT of accidental drownings.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantic
I can get the rational behind this.
I do not envision men suckling and I doubt it comes down to that.
Rather a symbolic gesture of drinking the breastmilk from a cup to form the bond.

my 2 cents...

where' smy change?

Remember, you're talking about people who breastfeed their boys for up to 10 years!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You do realize western culture is not the only one in the world right? It's a difference in culture, that's all..

We've been programmed to believe the body is something to be ashamed of. According to the Christian dogma, everything that's sensual should be covered whether it has a reproductive function or not. That's why female breasts got covered to begin with. Under this guideline, men should also have to cover their chests, but we wrote these rules.

Fact of the matter is, any other culture and you wouldn't associate breasts with sexuality. And if I had been born into any other culture I would not be offended if my mother or sister or wife even were to partake in this.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
The OPEC oil money gusher (US oil crisis) of the 1970's gave the females fancy cars to ride in but no rights to drive those cars. And then...

Eighteen years ago, on Nov. 6, 1990, they staged a public protest against their country's ban on women driving. For half an hour, they drove their cars in a convoy around the capital city of Riyadh until they were stopped by police.

The women paid heavily for their actions — all the drivers, and their husbands, were barred from foreign travel for a year. Those women who had government jobs were fired. And from hundreds of mosque pulpits, they were denounced by name as immoral women out to destroy Saudi society. Almost two decades later, the ban is still in place, making Saudi Arabia the only country in the world where women cannot drive.
source

We take our right to drive for granted. Driving implies a freedom to be in control of your movement, your whereabouts. There is no choice in the matter for Saudi women. The absurdity of this legal action is only matched by the absurdity of their law and the oppression felt by the women. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Hey, if men weren't allowed to drive, I wonder what they'ld do in protest.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Awesome, rebellion, Saudi style. Lets just hope it catches on.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You do realize western culture is not the only one in the world right? It's a difference in culture, that's all..

We've been programmed to believe the body is something to be ashamed of. According to the Christian dogma, everything that's sensual should be covered whether it has a reproductive function or not. That's why female breasts got covered to begin with. Under this guideline, men should also have to cover their chests, but we wrote these rules.

Fact of the matter is, any other culture and you wouldn't associate breasts with sexuality. And if I had been born into any other culture I would not be offended if my mother or sister or wife even were to partake in this.

Well, I am glad to have been raised in this culture...because I love women's breasts, and I absolutely do associate them with sexuality. And many/most of the women I have been lucky enough to get close enough to to get this kind of feedback, find touching and sucking their breasts to be a sexual turn-on too.

Also, maybe you need to take a bit of a culture survey on this one, because I believe that breasts are considered a turn-on in most places/cultures around the world...maybe not all, but most.

You might be interested in knowing that in Ontario, Canada a few years ago women won the legal right to walk around with bare chests just like men...a victory for "man"kind for sure!

As an Ontario resident, I well recall the breathless anticipation of the general male population for the next warm season after the court ruling...but alas nearly no women have decided to exercise their new-found freedoms.

I imagine that, with this fatwa, the demand for driver's education is going to go way up. Seriously though, this is just another example of the wackiness of Islam...if you suck on a woman's breasts, you become her son...wow.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Okay let's cut to the chase...

These women are using this as leverage to assert their rights. The
right to suckle a strange man to make him familial obviously
is allowed, but IN PRACTICE it is nothing more than a means to
make their men jealous.

These women are saying F-U to the system, and more power to them.

Makes me want to visit, I've never been in a Kingdom before...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Good for them.

I'm speechless. Yes that's right ATS. I'm dumbfounded. Who would have thought?

More power to them.

I bet there will be a temporary increase in Men applying for their drivers permits.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
...I can't believe I'm the first at ATS to say this...

Pics or it didn't happen! :-)

Ok, the joke was slightly in poor taste, but not too bad, right?

To the topic at hand: I say, "Bravo!" to those women for standing up for themselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join