It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow - All Republicans In Congress Against The War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Judge Andrew Napolitano’s new Saturday show on the Fox Business Network is set to send shock waves through the political establishment this weekend when his guest – Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher – reveals that almost all House Republicans now believe that the invasion of Iraq was not only a mistake, but also illegal and immoral.

“This morning when we taped our show for this weekend, Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, a right down the middle conservative Republican from southern California, former speech writer for Ronald Reagan, looked at me and said ‘almost all Republicans in the House of Representatives now believe that the war in Iraq was a mistake, that it was unlawful, that it was immoral, that it wasn’t worth the lives lost or the trillions that will be spent’,” Napolitano told The Alex Jones Show.

wow

I'd say more, but quite frankly I'm speechless.

I guess its better late than never.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Although the source is infowars, this is pretty damning!

(watching now)

S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
thanks for posting the video.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Freaking HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!
I swear to God that I have had it past HERE with these politicians!!! The whole damned lot of them!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Too little too late!
How can they support the troops unless they support the mission?
Didn't "everyone" think there were WMD in Iraq?
What about Charlie Daniels and Freedom fries?
Bunch of liars in my opinion.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
A step in the right direction?

Leaving them to themselves after invading? Now what? It seems like a good thing, but where was all this opposition back when it could have made a huge difference?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Better late than never yes, and we'll take it, but when you look at their reasons for doing it?

Madness. Hypocrisy.

The very same people who supported this very same thing now oppose it because of one man?

The very same people who tolerated constitutional abominations and let them slide now screech about them?

This seriously stuns me, but it doesn't. They have mo moral character, no convictions, no guts. They don't know who they are and I pity them. How do they live with themselves or justify it? Are they drugged? They act it.

They're merely automatons programmed to kill kill kill win at any cost. But win what? They are a danger. And they should be fired and marched out of Congress.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Freaking HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!
I swear to God that I have had it past HERE with these politicians!!! The whole damned lot of them!!!

I guess we should be mad at them for wanting peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Historically republicans have been the ones to get us out of wars.

In fact, I don't believe there is a war in US history that wasn't ended by republicans.

The only wars republican's started were the revolutionary war and the gulf wars. - but democrats voted in favor of those too.

"republican" being defined as conservatives in regards to the wars prior to the party establishment.

War is the health of the State - thus any true conservative must oppose it.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Are you serious!? Wanting PEACE!?!? As we arm ourselves up and get ready to take on Iran, maybe N. Korea!? We still have boots on the ground in Iraq AND Afghanistan that they could easily demand we bring home if they are so against the wars that THEY started! Don't delude yourself - PEACE! It is merely politically convenient for them to be against the wars right now, nothing more!
They make me want to

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
When you are in power, you are somehow justified to act accordingly! Major powers have but one main goal - to project their power on other, weaker nations! It's basic human psychology.

Without it, your goal is to seek ways to get it back.

I sometimes think a two party system drowns out the legitimate grievances of the people in favour of 'democracy', which can be used as a barrier to what it should aim to do in the first instance - full participation of the people in their own affairs!

The republicans are desperate hyprocrates that have failed to look in the mirror from their last stint in Government!

Pathetic - if the American people are fooled again, then shame on them!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Not wanting war is better than wanting war.

Democrats are just as bad. 8 dissenters out of 408

House Votes to Impose Tough Sanctions Against Iran
congress.blogs.foxnews.com...

The House okayed the package 408-8.

Six Democrats and two Republicans voted nay. They were Reps. Ron Paul (R-TX), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Pete Stark (D-CA), John Conyers (D-MI), Brian Baird (D-WA) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI).

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The question I have for you democrats crying "hypocrisy" - why aren't you mad at the democrats for not ending the wars?

They could end them tomorrow if they wanted too.

Yet I see no one batting an eyelid at this.

Who should we vote for to end the wars?

Democrats?

I think not.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

With due respect, and while I agree that most wars fought by The U.S., whether officially declare as war, or authorized by Congress as some sort of conflict, have been done so by Democrats, The Civil War was started by Republicans, and as to the Revolutionary War being started by "Republicans", this is a stretch...a big stretch. First of all, you are equating the Republican Party with conservatism, and precisely what they are conserving at any time, other than the status quo, is not ever precisely clear. Certainly they fail to conserve the Constitution, time and time again. As to our Founders who fought in the Revolution for Independence, it is also a stretch to declare them as being conservatives, since the Constitution that exists today was not yet written, and truly the conservatist's of that time would have to have been the loyalists, not the more liberal minded revolutionaries.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I take issue with the Civil War.

Lincoln could have let the states seceede peacefully as was their right.

Lincoln also could have bought out the slave holders and freed them without a shot being fired.

Lincoln did everything in his power to provoke a war.

Iran is the perfect example of this:

If we blockade Iran and board its ships and Iran choses to fire on us for that, did Iran start the war?

No. - we did.

This is exactly what Lincoln was up to.

Iran will fire on us if we start boarding its ships. They aren't going to take an act of war laying down. And when they do, it will be world war III

[edit on 25-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

who are the democrats? I don't see any here. I cried hypocrisy because it is. Nonpartisan, plain old, homespun hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

After 8 years? Yea we should be mad. They should of thought about this years ago.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Tell me who I should vote for to end the wars.

That's all I want to know.

I want the insanity to stop.

It will not stop.

We have a completely criminal government gone mad and we will pay for it dearly.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I take issue with the Civil War...Lincoln did everything in his power to provoke a war.

Lincoln was a Republican.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

To clarify, I am NEITHER a Republican NOR a Democrat! I am an equally opportunity hater of both cowardly factions! I am tired of the unabted hypcrosy exhibited by both parties and feel ready to puke every time I witness their fake indignation over something that THEY caused!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join