It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California City Fires All Workers, Including Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
"With the police force eliminated, Maywood will rely on Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies to keep the peace, while the neighboring city of Bell will take charge of Maywood’s City Hall."

www.allgov.com...

I don't see this as being a big deal.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
any one read any of the Sci-Fi books where in the future every thing is run by companies? and some times its the companies that go to war!
do these rent a cop have a logo on them? Pepsi? or BP...
it looks like BP has its own Cops now!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Originally posted by mistafaz
reply to post by star in a jar

You do realize that "outsourcing" would mean jurisdiction would be transferred over to the Sheriff's Office??? Meaning law enforcement duties for that town would fall under a county and not a city.

No "private companies" are going to be walking the streets of any city or county in California acting as defined in California Penal Code 832.

Stop the mindless dribble.

While I am more than willing to believe what you are saying, I fail to see where this has been stated anywhere within the information provided.

Any kind of source or proof that the duty will fall to the sherrifs office, or is this something you "just know"?

"The city of Maywood will lay off all city employees and begin contracting police services with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department effective July 1, officials said."

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

A similar take over took place when Compton dissolved their PD. Maywood officers will be laid off.. depending on the contract those Maywood cops off probation who hold a POST certificate may be grandfathered in to the Sheriffs dept, others can apply as "laterals" or have probably been offered jobs with other PDs.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TonyClifton

A star for you!

Thank you for providing that link!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyClifton
"With the police force eliminated, Maywood will rely on Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies to keep the peace, while the neighboring city of Bell will take charge of Maywood’s City Hall."

www.allgov.com...

Here's a re-post;

"Local activists, who refer to themselves as "A Group for a Better Maywood," announced their intention to recall four of the council members: Felipe Aguirre, Edward Varela, Vice Mayor Veronica Guardado and Mayor Ana Rosa Rizo. The same group sought a similar recall in 2008 and failed."

I was projecting how corruption in city government all the way up to the fed is riddled with corruption, this city being the first to fall as a result of serving selves over serving population.

OK. Maybe projecting that the city has already fallen is not correct at this juncture, but is it possible? Then comes the domino effect...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by GovtFlu

I used to live in Santa Clarita, they have their own sherrifs department, and a quite effective one might I add.

I see what you guys are saying, I just didnt find any information stating as such.

Not to be "picky" but Santa Clarita Sheriffs are LA County Sheriffs deputies driving city badged cars.. the station Captain is considered "chief of police" (or COP), even though he's a deputy sheriff.

Before incorporating into a city, Santa Clarita was "un incorporated" county area serviced by LASD, like Malibu & West Hollywood used to be.

scvsheriff.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyClifton

www.allgov.com...

That is an excellent link. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join