It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP 2009 Macondo Well application to MMS PDF!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So here is the PDF of BPs initial application to MMS

In it we learn several interesting items...

1. The worst case scenario is much higher than we have been told

2. BP woefully under estimated the danger of gas...

3. BP claims they can handle a spill even larger than this in their safety application...

4. This was drilled in a military zone.... Not sure why it was militarized

Have fun with this one...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Whoa. Well see...military zone? Didn't some people early on say that the site they were drilling was already very, very deep and that it was used as a scientific drilling site?

But then thought Macondo was 5000 and Tiber was 35,055 feet. Can't find Macondo on BP's site anywhere but can find Tiber. Does Macondo have another name?

Going to read now for the bad news on the worst case. Thank you.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Funny thing was, this was found using a very simple google search prior to april 20

Im sure there is lots more to be found

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Military zone; might be because the Army used the Gulf of Mexico as a nuclear test site AND radioactive, biological/chemical weapons dump in the 1940's. Their facility got wiped out by a hurricane toward the end and so they moved operations to the Atlantic.

Look for Horn Island, MS on your map and compare to location of BP operations.

More info about the ocean dumping in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yeah. This looks like someone scanned it into a PDF. Wonder where it was found.

Now is the Oil Spill Response Plan is the one all the major oil companies use verbatim, up to and including the name of the marine scientist to call...the one who's been dead for three years?

That's where I'm at.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! Nice find.. S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yep!

Exactly... I was on my iPad, and didn't have the easy ability to upload images... but thank you for posting that!

Did you see Page 10 with the Moderate and Low methane issues?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

'
The clearance? Yes. Want me to post it?

I'm sort of stuck on latitudes and longitudes and I can't make heads or tails of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

'
The clearance? Yes. Want me to post it?

I'm sort of stuck on latitudes and longitudes and I can't make heads or tails of it.

Hello,

If you use the link in my signature wherever you point your mouse there's a gps location corresponding to it found in upper right hand corner where you can also change from map view to satellite view.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Thank you for that helpful update!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yep! Another Lie!

I just can't get over how hilarious this application looks like in hindsight...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

This was drilled in a military zone.... Not sure why it was militarized

... military zone?

Didn't some people early on say that the site they were drilling was already very, very deep and that it was used as a scientific drilling site?

Interesting Stuff

Do they really know what they drilled into?

They probably do.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

This was drilled in a military zone.... Not sure why it was militarized

... military zone?

Didn't some people early on say that the site they were drilling was already very, very deep and that it was used as a scientific drilling site?

Interesting Stuff

Do they really know what they drilled into?

They probably do.

methane clathrate deposit

www.google.com...

Six Places to Nuke for Multiplier Effects

Destabilize an oceanic shield volcano next to a methane clathrate deposit.

This one is subtle. A couple weeks ago Phil Bowermaster posted about the risks of methane clathrate. Essentially, when this stuff melts, it is 20 times worse than carbon dioxide when it comes to contributing to global warming, and can be found easily in half-kilometer-thick deposits on the ocean floor. There are undersea mountains with precarious peaks that have been slowly destabilizing over thousands of years, and with the right placement, a nuclear blast could start a catastrophic landslide. If the result is as massive as large historic landslides, it could displace more than 100 cubic kilometers of rock, creating a debris trail covering tens of square kilometers. The kinetic energy of the avalanche could melt 40+ cu km of methane clathrate, potentially kickstarting a global warming feedback effect, with all its nasty ramifications. Beneath the methane clathrate is even more methane in gas form.

Fictional expositions of the possible effects of severe global warming can be found in John Barnes’ Mother of Storms and Clive Cusser’s Fire Ice. For the first one, think of four storms like Giant Red Spots constantly raking the earth’s surface for years on end, and for the second, tsunamis followed by complete global climate change. This target is only rated 4th out of 6 because of a relatively low probability that global warming would actually be accelerated all that quickly. If it were successful, however, it might be better placed in 2nd place.

www.acceleratingfuture.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

New as I am, I always dig your posts.. you're wise.

Anybody else had a nightmare lately, about how damn near everything disasterously newsworthy since, oh, 9/11/01, has been a deliberate act on the part of the U.S. gov't???

They planned this, just like they planned the destruction of the trade towers...

...whoever 'they' are...

...and for what motive? Surely something sinister. Something they believe we would do for them if we were all on our knees in pain, fear, and desperation.

Hey, pretend for a minute I'm not nuts? Who would 'they' most likely be? What would their motive be? I'm too new to start my own thread, but it would make for a neat one, no??

(and if you don't hear from me again in the next week or so, you can bet it's more than just a choose-your-own-adventure gag scenario!!! ;] )

new topics

top topics

join