It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warrant for my Arrest, Police refuse to detain me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

No I have not heard that name before, but I will be sure to check him out when I have more time this weekend.

I used to also think 'driving is a privilege'. That is really that we are all taught. I had come across this legal argument when I was doing some research into the implied consent laws. It really opened my eyes as well as brought on a whole new host of questions. Sometimes I am amazed at how backwards we seem to be. It's almost as if we have no idea what the law actually says, so when we are arrested, charge, etc etc we have no idea where to begin to defend ourselves, and we rely on attorneys to do it for us. Yet a majority of the time the attorney certainly will not tell you that driving is indeed a right, not a privilege. Technically, according to the Supreme Court Rulings we should not have to pay for a Drivers License, we should not be paying taxes on a vehicle we already purchased, we should not be paying for the tags and we should not even be required to put a tag onto a vehicle. Yet we do. I guess it is just easier to go along to get along than it is to fight for your actual rights, and after doing it for so long it is sad that most people have no idea that driving is a right.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Driving is your right, it is NOT a privilege. It is a very common misconception that driving is a privilege afforded to you by the State. That is simply not the case. As a free person you have the RIGHT to travel.

So by your logic we should all be able to freely pilot a 757 to where ever we want, after all we have the RIGHT to travel, right?

What about a triple road train?

Is it everybody's right to drive one of them?

What about Mr Smith who has failed to pass his driving license 30 times because he just can't get how to drive a car.

By your logic, Mr Smith should be have the RIGHT to just jump in a car and drive, despite being completely incompetent.

Where would this end?

I mean I spent 4 years learning my trade, that is a lot of time and money spent to have a trade that not just anyone can do.

So maybe it's everyones RIGHT to build 10 story apartment blocks?

Doesn't matter that you have absolutely no idea on how to build a kids cubby house, it's your RIGHT!

Sorry mate, but until we can get zero accidents, deaths and injuries from driving, it's not a RIGHT.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I got a ticket for not having insurance once. Actually, I had insurance but I forgot to put the new insurance card in the car and only had the expired card in the car at the time. All I had to do was show up on the court date and show them the proper card an the whole thing was dismissed. In fact, several other people were there to do the same thing that morning - which makes me question the truth of the OP being insured at the time.

I don't know what job you're trying to get, but since you want to get a HAZMAT stamp I'm guessing that is involves driving. The potential employer is going to want a driving abstract, and once they see that you have no license and a warrant, your resume is probably going to end up in the trash. Even if you get this straightened out, you're unlikely to be hired for a driving job until enough time has passed that it comes off your driving record.

When I lived in Florida I was T-boned by an old lady who wasn't paying attention. Of course, she had no insurance. I was told that I would have to foot the bills for the damages. Those who think you are too cool by not having insurance when you drive, you make me sick. And if someone damaged my car and then told me that they were Master ASE certified and would fix it for me, I'd beat them senseless with my tire iron.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

what if they have eff all to sue for,,,that is the point of third party isurance ,,,why should a victim HAVE TO SUE ANYBODY IN THIS CASE IF HAD INSURANCE THEY WOULD PAY OUT ...INSURANCE COVERS YOUR OWN ASS TOO.... sry caps

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pwrthtbe

No it wont bring them back , but they would get loss of earnings, Death money, compensation etc ,,,america introduced the litigation culture to the world

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There is not justice in the system...

It is JUST US in the system!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
To all you that replied, thanx. For your support and your criticism.

I want to keep this short.

I feel I have to reiterate that I did have insurance at the time of the ticket.

I did 'renege' on my privilege (although I have to acknowledge someones post proving this 'privilege' false, I cannot subscribe to it for reasons below) and I was negligent for not responding to a summons to appear in court.

I AM GUILTY

I am turning my self in, punish me!! Does this punishment have to be purely monetary?

Can't I give the equivalent of $750 in work, the sweat off my brow? I'm not working right now, so I could use some community service right now, just to get out the house.

By the way, I was making more than $750 a week when this happened, the title, tags, insurance and payments were up to date. Cant report as such now.

I can't have this on my license because they wont let me get an upgrade I need in order to find work. I cant drive and unload trucks anymore, so I gotta get my Hazardous Materials endorsement on my license. I know the fuel tanker trucks are always hiring.

But this is all moot, I will have to agree to pay whatever fine because I'm just the little man. I know this because I worked in a jail for 8 years, and I know how the system is.

The clerk at the city building was in shock when I said I was turning myself in, she said "Are you serious?".

I can imagine them sayin "Some mexican said he aint gunnnna PAY!?!?!"(I'm not Mexican, but when youre in Texas....). And when that officer came out his face was red and I could already tell what was going on.

Said I disrespected the court because I asked if the judge was taking a long weekend. I understand judges, sometimes they take long weekends. I didnt mean any disrespect, and he knew it.

I just feel they should either

A. Lock me up
or

B. Let me work my punishment.

But it seems to me, they just want the money.

And maybe not just me.

Was that short?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Now thats what I'm talking about. I agree totally.

Bad thing is, I got a job ( that I cant go to on Monday, because of this, My first day). So I will have to pay.

But it is wrong to deny me my livelihood for $750, when they could probably trade in that new Tahoe police special for a Cavalier and get $7500.

And I was willing to do 'punishment', to get my 'privilege' back. They refused!

Said they would place my license on hold indefinitely. Punish me dammit, I broke the law.

But I do understand, it is our right, we do own the roads.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Seems to me that it would be logical if a license was used to determine the competence of someone operating any piece of machinery.

Like a certificate of completion, not a vessel to collect fees, fines, and taxes.

Or hold you hostage.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

You realize resentments are the number one offender. We step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate.

It probably costs 10 times 750.00 to try and collect the 750.00 depending how long it takes.

Gotta love the laws

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
I'll try to keep this short 'n sweet.

I have an open warrant for failure to appear. The appearance was for a ticket I received in Aug. 2008, Failure to provide proof of Insurance.

The car I was driving did have insurance, but I could not find the paperwork. I contacted the local court of the municipality, and they state I need to pay $750 and the hold that has been placed on my license will be dropped, along with the warrant.

I informed them I am indigent, and am turning myself over to their custody.
An officer came to talk to me, and said "We cant book you today, come back on Monday." I turned myself in on Thursday.

I said its no problem, I just want the hold off of my license so I can get an endorsement (HAZMAT) I need to get a JOB. The officer told me the hold would not come off until I paid, that there is no other option. They do not have any jail cells in this town.

I just finished telling him, I am indigent. I have no way to pay, I have no job. He told me the judge will keep the hold on my license until I paid, one way or the other.

To me, this constitutes extortion, and I told him so. He got offended and that was the end of the conversation.

My question is, can they legally hold my license hostage, denying me the ability to provide for myself and my family? I turned myself in, and intend to again on Monday.

Hopefully I can ask for community service to work off the debt, but judging by the attitudes of the officers, I believe it will be a kangaroo court.

When they book me, I plan to ask for a court appointed attorney, which will probably be the judge! Oh well, I just had to vent. I never been arrested before because of a warrant, and it just tickled me that they wouldn't arrest me!

Only in America!

No offense but the quote goes something like "only a fool represents himself in court.". You had insurance. Didn't have your card in the car, ok I can understnd that. So you had a court date scheduled. All you had to do was print your policy online, get a copy of your policy from your company, etc.... Just prove your effective dates.

Now here's where your story hits the BS mark. In every state that I'm aware of you are required to appear for "not having insurance". If you no show, you get a failure to appear/contempt of court/kapias, one of the 3. Then when you return to court you are tried for your original offense and your failure to appear. Now if you were tried in your absence, I'm not sure you can be for no insurance, then appeal it, and take your insurance info and it will be dismissed. The officer will even tell you if you have proof of insurance then the judge will dismiss it.

Now for your failure to appear. If you don't have a record and you show up most likely it will be dismissed. Especially since you have proof of insurance for your other ticket. Just to make sure get a court appointed attorney, who can't be the judge btw.
You talked to a clerk? Or THe DA? The clerk said they'll dismiss the failure to appear if you pay the no insurance fine? If you pay it and you had insurance, then your an idiot. And your license is suspended.

IThe $750 fine is for not having insurance. If your convicted of that then your insurance premiums will be through the roof and you'll have to file some ridiculous form.

Honestly if you had insurance, I'm doubting you did, no offense, then prove it in court, you obviously have a court date scheduled. If you don't appeal it. But prove you had insurance and the FTA will most likely go away.

My honest opinion is you deserve whatever you get. YOu were lazy and stupid. The cop wrote you a ticket cause you couldn't prove you had insurance. YOu skipped on court when you could prove your innocense(so you say). But you skip it and get a FTA. And your griping cause they suspended you license? It's your fault. And you have to show up for a FTA offense, you must go to court.. So they can't just drop it because you paid the other ticket. Besides to even consider paying it if your in the right is more foolish than skipping court.

And heres a secret. If your lying about something and are griping because you just can't pay the fine that you deserve, you don't need your hazmat cert to not be broke. YOu don't have a job so your collecting unemployment most likely. WHy don't you go get a day job at Wendy's and a night job at McDonalds? Take a bike, the bus or walk to work. 2 weeks and you cn pay your fine.

You can't take care of your family because you can't get your cdl back? Then how have you been taking care of them? Are you to good to work a menial job to provide for your family? YOu must be a friggin democrat. Pathetic. YOur making excuses rather than busting your butt and doing whatever you need to do to provide for your family. I have no use for people like you. Maybe you could illegaly immigrate to Mexico.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Some of you are the most ridiculous people I've ever seen. I barely even read sensibility in these posts anymore. All these damn assumptions and whatnot.

I think, for the most part, I'm just going to fall back from now on.

Hopefully, I can make sense of these headlines on my own.

I'm going back to my studies.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pwrthtbe

I don't know what I'm more impressed with, the fact that you were able to cheat the system for 10 years, or the fact that you'd have the gall to post it on a forum like this. Really, your story astounds me.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

But...this is nuts!

You said you had the vehicle insured right?

But couldn't find the paperwork..yeah?

Well, surely a simple call to the insurance company you were insured with to obtain a duplicate certificate of insurance was all that would of been required?!

You prove you were indeed insured, which make the whole fine and or community service thing null and void.

You cannot be fined for not having insurance, if you actually DID have insurance!

Why didn't you call the insurance company?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
IMO, to the OP, get a signed letter from your insurance company that you had auto insurance in effect on the day you received your citation. Then write a letter to your states Attorney General's office explaining the local demand for $750 and ask your Attorney General if the actions of your local government are legal. Don't assume they are, and if they are in fact attempting to illegally extort money out of you (cause that judge gets to stuff his pockets with a percentage of your fines); then your AG may solve your problem for free. Otherwise, your AG should write you back and explain what you should do to rectify the problem. Good Luck.

To those who think they can get away by driving without FR (financial responsibility) the computer databases are becoming more interconnected and you are going to be found and arrested sooner rather than later.

A bit off topic, but connected to insurance. Part of the reason that the census is GPS tagging every front door in America; is because the insurance industry is going to get that information, so they can deliver a list of people who failed to purchase 'health insurance' to the IRS. To understand this logic, you need to understand that their are millions of people in the USA who work under-the-table and don't file or pay any income taxes whatsoever. There are also untold children that exist, but were never enrolled in the education system. Some of these kids are home schooled, some are rasied by the mob for nefarious purposes.

The NWO acting via its proxy, the UN, is hell bent to mark and tag, every man, woman, and child. In addition to, every building, home, or other abode.

This data will be used by the goon squad to enforce 'public policy' on the masses whether they like it or not. People who refuse to buy heath insurance for whatever reason, will be deemed to have committed a crime, and will be rounded up for extortion or internment as the case may be.

It's called change that you can believe in, cause when they show up at your front door with a GPS unit in one hand and a gun in the other. It will be time to either pay up or get hauled off. The undesirables, the deadbeats, and the rootin-tootin' gun loving troublemakers have a date with destiny.

These preceding statements constitute the researched opinion of what the author believes TPTB wish to cast upon us. Pray that these awful scenarios never unfold in the union of the States of America.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
The car I was driving did have insurance, but I could not find the paperwork.

In most states, if you don't have your paper work it's no big deal. You will still be in trouble for not having the paper work, but it's a much lesser fine. All you have to do is get documentation from your insurance company saying you were insured on the date the cop stopped you and submit that to the court as proof. The charge should be reduced and you should make out much better.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Driving is your right, it is NOT a privilege. It is a very common misconception that driving is a privilege afforded to you by the State. That is simply not the case. As a free person you have the RIGHT to travel.

So by your logic we should all be able to freely pilot a 757 to where ever we want, after all we have the RIGHT to travel, right?

What about a triple road train?

Is it everybody's right to drive one of them?

What about Mr Smith who has failed to pass his driving license 30 times because he just can't get how to drive a car.

By your logic, Mr Smith should be have the RIGHT to just jump in a car and drive, despite being completely incompetent.

Where would this end?

I mean I spent 4 years learning my trade, that is a lot of time and money spent to have a trade that not just anyone can do.

So maybe it's everyones RIGHT to build 10 story apartment blocks?

Doesn't matter that you have absolutely no idea on how to build a kids cubby house, it's your RIGHT!

Sorry mate, but until we can get zero accidents, deaths and injuries from driving, it's not a RIGHT.

Good see you Chad.

Now onto your comments... we are not discussing my logic. Everything I posted came directly from State Supreme Courts as well as the United States Supreme Court. So if we are going to discuss the logic behind what I posted, we need to discuss the logic of the Supreme Courts, not the logic of Mr. Wendal. What I posted is simply what the law says, not my opinions, though my opinion is based on the rulings of the Supreme Courts.

I also have to add that comparing driving a car on a public road to flying a plane or building homes or tree houses is like comparing apples and lawn mowers.

One of course could make the argument that a person's right to travel can easily be accomplished by using public transportation, however not all areas have public transportation available. I have lived all over the country. I can say for a fact that Philadelphia's public transportation is horrible. New York and Chicago however have outstanding public transportation available to the people to use. Of course if you head out to the more rural areas, public transportation becomes very limited and in some cases non existent. The area I live in now for instance, has no public transportation at all. No trains, no buses. You either drive, find a ride, or walk.

Using the example you provided of Mr. Smith who can not seem to pass his driver's exam, I would have to ask which part did Mr. Smith fail? Was it the written or the driving? I know many people who have failed the written portion of the driving test, yet they have no problem driving a car responsibly. Mr. Smith could have easily failed his written test because he answered that you must turn on your turn signal 40 feet from your turn, when the correct answer is 30 feet. Now is it wrong that he turned his signal on early? Of course not. However it is still an incorrect answer and you can fail your test by giving yourself an extra 10 feet of warning to other drivers that you are making a turn.

In the state I am in now, I watched my old roommate take his test. He failed the written. The question that caused his fail I can honestly say a lot of people would have answered it incorrectly. The question was multiple choice and was as follows...

Q) What should you not do when crossing railroad tracks

a) Come to a complete stop
b) Shift gears
c) honk your horn
d) accelerate

Now obviously you would not want to come to complete stop on railroad tracks. Seems like a no brainer does it not? However if you picked A, you are wrong and thus would fail your test. The correct answer was B.

There will never be a time when there will be zero accidents. It will never happen. Accidents happen now between licensed drivers who did pass the driving test every day. I even witnessed an accident that did not involve another driver, but involved an animal running out into the street. We do not live in a perfect world. Accidents are going to happen and will continue to happen regardless of how many laws and restrictions you place on people.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Sorry, but I personally have ZERO sympathy for anyone that failes to keep auto insurance. If you had wrecked your car it could be a nightmare for the innocent party. Unless your state demands uninsured drivers insurance...which I have to pay extras for to cover people like you..then the poor sap you run into is screwed.

If you can afford gasoline and oil, you can afford insurance..AND pay your fine. Being indigent is NO excuse...When I was indigent many years ago I WALKED to a job and saved until I could get a car..and then paid all the fees and insurance and crap to be able to drive it.

Driving is a PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT. You must pay insurance and taxes and inspection fees and pay for the drivers license, etc. If you do not pay, then you do not drive.

I hate the thought of someone getting away with not paying when I have to. You deserve the ticket, and i hope they hold you up until you pay it off.

It is not like anyone is keeping you from walking or hitching rides...or whatever people do that have screwed up their driving privilges...they are NOT stopping you from working, just from getting away with a violation...why should YOU get to escape with no penalty? We all have to take responsibility, and if you want to make things right, you should pay the fine and then make sure you do not mess up again...but the issue is YOU, not the system.

Is this familar
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da1ce4adf7a7.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 26-6-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Hello there Dr. You've made some assumptions there, let me set you straight.

Honestly if you had insurance, I'm doubting you did, no offense, then prove it in court, you obviously have a court date scheduled. If you don't appeal it. But prove you had insurance and the FTA will most likely go away.

The proof of Insurance was faxed on Friday, I still owe $250 for the failure to appear. I will work for this fine, they wont let me. The officer on duty stated I will be givin a payment plan and the HOLD (not Suspension) will not be removed until I pay, period.

My honest opinion is you deserve whatever you get. YOu were lazy and stupid. The cop wrote you a ticket cause you couldn't prove you had insurance. YOu skipped on court when you could prove your innocense(so you say). But you skip it and get a FTA. And your griping cause they suspended you license? It's your fault. And you have to show up for a FTA offense, you must go to court.. So they can't just drop it because you paid the other ticket. Besides to even consider paying it if your in the right is more foolish than skipping court.

It is my fault, I am not denying fault. Arrest me if you have a warrant for my arrest.

I was stupid and lazy, haul my ass off to jail. Give me community service. They said no way, just pay. I am GUILTY as charged, and they refuse to let do my time!!

And heres a secret. If your lying about something and are griping because you just can't pay the fine that you deserve, you don't need your hazmat cert to not be broke. YOu don't have a job so your collecting unemployment most likely. WHy don't you go get a day job at Wendy's and a night job at McDonalds? Take a bike, the bus or walk to work. 2 weeks and you cn pay your fine.

I have been unemployed for about a year, and have not collected one cent from unemployment. Theres not a Wendys nearby, but I have applied at McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wal-mart. All within walking distance. No job still, but thanks for that advice.

You can't take care of your family because you can't get your cdl back? Then how have you been taking care of them? Are you to good to work a menial job to provide for your family? YOu must be a friggin democrat. Pathetic. YOur making excuses rather than busting your butt and doing whatever you need to do to provide for your family. I have no use for people like you. Maybe you could illegaly immigrate to Mexico.

I have been taking care of them by cooking and cleaning. My wife was working, but has been laid off. Happens to anybody. I am an Independent, voted Republican twice, saw the error of my ways, voted Dem last time.

You must be a friggin Republican. The world has no use for you or your kind. And by your kind, I do mean the mentality that shows when you take a picture at the audience of the Rep Nat Conv and the Dem nat conv. Hold them side to side and you see a certain lack of diversity.

I wont move to Mexico, but am seriously considering a move above the Mason-Dixon line, towards civilization.

The court should be doing what is good for Society, not whats good for the coffers of the local municipality. Just my opinion.

And thank you for your criticism.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join