It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.2 Mexicali Quake Shifted Earth's Crust 31 Inches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
7.2 Mexicali Quake Shifted Earth's Crust 31 Inches
Scientists have monitored hundreds of aftershocks since the Easter Sunday quake.
KTLA News
4:10 AM PDT, June 24, 2010

Much of the nearly completed four-story parking garage at the Mexicali Civic Center lies in ruins after the magnitude 7.2 earthquake. (The Los Angeles Times)

PASADENA, Calif. -- The strong Easter earthquake physically moved the border city of Calexico.

NASA data released Wednesday revealed the magnitude-7.2 quake shifted the Calexico region up to 2 1/2 feet in a southerly direction.

The quake, centered in Baja California, caused $100 million in damage to California, primarily in Calexico.www.livescience.com... or news.google.com... team%20-score%20-soccer&num=40

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ddarkangle2bad]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ddarkangle2bad

Yep pretty crazy. I went to Calexico about a day after the Earthquake hit. Maintenance was out sweeping all the glass, and fallen debris.

Calexico is right next to the border...And when I mean right next, I mean like that fence that divides your yard, and your neighbors.

Gov. Arnold went there to look at the damage, and said that it needed to be fixed asap, since alot of the revenue made was from the stores located near the border, wasn't being made due too the impact from the quake.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hey guys, care to post links to sources?

Good find.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
Hey guys, care to post links to sources?

Good find.

I found the story.

I googled "KTLA News Shifted Earth's Crust.

First hit was this.
www.ktla.com...

Two and a half feet is quite a lot isn't it?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Also OP, so that no one badgers you over not doing proper citation on this (sorry If that person is me), here are a few fast tips.

When you get around to reading this go edit your post with these few things.

All quoted sections, copy them and click the "EX" button above your Posting Box that you type in. Paste it all in that blank it opens when you click the EX button.

That will put it in quotes like this.

Also remember to put a link to the webpage you found it at, as you can see people were asking for it right away. Just copy paste it from your address bar up top.

You did list the News Channel and so I found it immediately with ease.

Sorry to be a nit picker. And very good find.

Remember those 2 things and you are golden my friend.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

new topics

top topics

join