It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, Type "I can read wikipedia" on Google and Click on I'm feeling Lucky

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
wtf... dumbfounded.... I don't get it. I don't even understand the connection. That was alarming and disturbing. *goes back to thread to see what others said*

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Hi Ellie ,

It's called a Google Bomb , and is explained here :

googlesystem.blogspot.com...

Nothing more than a prank .

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog
Really, what does make you use that as a search term?

Don't know if this has been posted but try "find Chuck Norris" and choose I'm feeling lucky.

Now, thats funny

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If it was a directed prank, it sounds like something the GNAA would do.

Wikipedians # themselves every time that the GNAA is mentioned. Since more time is devoted to reverting the GNAA's edits than to writing new material, Wikipedia is doomed to being trolled forever. The GNAA article has now been put up for a vote for deletion more than any other article on Wikipedia. It has been nominated for deletion a World Record 18 times. Finally, it was deleted on the eighteenth nomination, even though a consensus had not been reached. Not only that, Wikipedia article on GNAA was nominated as featured article candidate, however for some reason it did not achieve featured article status.

encyclopediadramatica.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
1. FIFA abbreviates "Nigeria" as "NGA," and
2. Germany and Nigeria haven't played each other in this year's World Cup, and
3. Germany and Nigeria have NEVER played each other in a World Cup match,

You, just like the OP, are just keeping a racist "joke" alive.

To be honest, I don't really know Fo Shizzle if they've ever played each other or not. Frankly I don't really care because I don't watch a sport where the use of an opposable thumb has yet to evolve.

Even if it's NGA, accidently displaying NIG is still quite probable because official score keeping can still be subject to human typos.

WI'm sorry but wth your last statement you manage to prove that one can make a very important claim, while missing the original point all together, because racism is indeed a joke.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
All you have to do is type "i can read wiki" to get it

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
wow.
i'm just floored...
how is this working? is it some disgruntled google employee thing?

we've just digressed back to the early 1900's... so sad.

at a loss of words right now.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

OK racist crybabies you can post a link to the word N***** but god forbid another joke link is Sexual.

Stupidity is amuck on ATS!!!!
and a disclaimer was posted for no one under eighteen to try it...what a bunch of racist whiners!!!!!

But I get it it's not funny unless it's a racist joke link, huuh?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog
Really, what does make you use that as a search term?

Don't know if this has been posted but try "find Chuck Norris" and choose I'm feeling lucky.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! That is hilarious.

The wikiepedia result...not so much. Wow

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Maybe my sense of humor is morbid but this is hilarious. Whoever did this pulled an epic troll on Google if not the entire internet. Anon?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

Hi Ellie ,

Awesome. We should all set up Google Bombs for The Truth. Like BP sending you someplace like Satan.com Or Obama search sending you to Barry Soetoro.

*** I personally disagree that the N word is racist. If blacks can use it and get away with it then the folk who censor whites peoples use of the word is an act of racism in itself. !!!!

Yep.. the Chick Norris thing cracked me up too.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That is sad that some find that sort of thing funny, and even worse they share it with others.
Sometime I feel like I am just weeding through the trash on google in hopes of finding some valuable info.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

word.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
All it is is a word. People get all worked up over a damn word.

Insecure much?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Okay, now type "who is cutest" in the search field and hit I'm feeling lucky. Nice! Just don't click the pi sign in the bottom right corner.

Oh no. Too late. lol

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
well they can use the N word between them... and they also refer to us as "crackers" so... can we use the N word please, just to make it even?

I enjoyed the joke btw... but the old "white people stole my car" / "did you mean BLACK people stole my car?" was WAAAAYYY better.

Anyway... racist and religious jokes are fun!

The world is lacking sense of humor... we take everything too serious nowadays... in the future we'll also communicate using "N" words or "S" words or "B words" just to be sure we're not hitting a nerve of some idiot or minority somewhere on the globe...

OR... you can just buy those stomach pills to help you digest

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Pretty funny, how did you know that was there?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Wow, nice find. Totally something off the grid that unless pointed out, most of us probably would have never noticed. Wonder how long it'll be til it is fixed.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

Hi Ellie ,

Kind of reminds me of a couple of years ago you could type the word "queen" in Notepad and change the script to wingdings and it was a skull, airplane and what looked like 2 towers. It doesn't work now.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Lol, funny and so random .. nothing beats the Chuck Noris site though lol.. who would take the time to make that??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join