It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA = Roman Leader Nero?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
In the year 64 CE, a fire broke out which would destroy the greatest city in the Roman world, Rome its self. It was noted Nero looked over his balcony watching the fire as he sang and played musical instruments.

Just like Nero, Obama goes out and plays golf as America is being destroyed by this oil spill Just like Nero he smiles and sings and gives speeches but will not let other countries come and aid us in this disaster. He denies Louisiana the right to protect herself and build sand bars to stop the oil from hitting the coast. My guess he wants this to be a disaster for some political gain.

After the fire, Nero ransacked his own provinces to finance the reconstruction of Rome when vast sums of the collected money went to building Nero’s famous palace, “the Golden House.”

Cap and Tax, Heath Care Reform, bush tax cuts ending in 2010, 1 trillion Dollar stimulus package, and too big to fail, Obama like Nero is ransacking the treasure. Printing money like crazy with no regards to inflation and the coming double dip that will destroy this country and deal its deadly blow. This president has added 3 trillion dollars deficit to the growing 13 trillion dollar debt in only two year in office. This is a feat that Bush could only accomplish in his 8 years in office with two wars.

Nero was confronted with a barbarian attack in a roman providence. Nero’s solution to this threat was to confront the barbarian hordes and talk to them, show them a bit of his theatrics, and sing to them to show the barbarians that Rome is a nice place and you don’t want to attack her.

Just like Nero, Obama sings to the enemy and talks to them. He cuts defense funding, NASA, and will not close the boarders. What good has this done? It has shown weakness. Iran and North Koran, our enemies, laugh at us every time the leader of the free world (Obama) physical bows to other leaders. Just like a servant would do to its master. O our “great leader.” Since Obama’s maculation we have had 3 attempted attacks on us soil. 2 of them failed because the enemy build their bombs wrong and did not go off properly.

Nero was a very popular leader the first year of his tyrannical rain that later ensued. Sounds familiar? Only a tyrant would executively order cap and trade like Obama is planning to do. Only a tyrant would executively order all illegal deemed legal as Obama is planning to do.

“What an artist dies with me”- Nero, just before he committed suicide.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nicely stated. This comparison to Nero has often entered my mind as of late. Especially in the wake of the Gulf Disaster, the golf outings, vacations and the White House concert series. This one term wonder is milking his term for all he can get to set himself up for the POTUS afterlife.

It won't be long until our illustrious nation hits a 100% GDP-Deficit ratio. Now that's quite an accomplishment for a man with no leadership experience whatsoever

[edit on 24-6-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well, someone with better photo-shop skills than myself should take a look at this to make sure it's legit - but, if so, ya', there may be a correlation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea6b4c6c02ca.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
no your photo shopped picture says it all. nicely done.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Welcome to today's I Hate Obama Circle Jerk Club meeting.
Yeah, he's Nero reincarnated. You figured it out! I hear he's also the antichrist, a Muslim and a Communist! What do you think?

Ever heard the one about being born in Kenya?

I sure wish McCain and Palin would have won, or better still, Bush could have been crowned King!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think that story is a actually a myth, regarding Nero.

Funny you should make that comparison though, the same can be said about Bush.

And every other world leader.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I love how the atomatic response is "WELL BUSH".... Who cares about Bush. because i bring up bad this about Obama im an atomatic Bush lover. i dont get it? Bush was not that great. But alot better then this. Im more of a Reagan person.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Uh, that's Reagan.
Why? What do you admire about him? Were you an adult during his reign?
Do you imagine him less full of crap than other Presidents?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Thank you for the correction. Im an not the greatest of spellers. we are kind of getting off topic but no i was born in 86 and read alot about him

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
historians believe that neros burning of rome was to get building land in the centre of rome.
nero planned to build his type of architecture (temples etc.) and what he badly needed was land for building.
so imo the comparison is not that good.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
historians believe that neros burning of rome was to get building land in the centre of rome.
nero planned to build his type of architecture (temples etc.) and what he badly needed was land for building.
so imo the comparison is not that good.

you must then re read. i'm say just like nero, obama is doing it for some type of thing to gain something and like nero he sits by and watches why rome burns.

I think the comparison is right on the head.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
LOL.
At least Obama isn't a hypocritic senatorial male page molestor.

We'll leave that to in the closet republicans.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I agree, Obama has done nothing but ransack the country, but he began his Presidency during two failing wars he didn't start, and the beginning of the economic crisis.

He had very few options other than what he chose to do to fix the mess, that is now America, that the last Administration left for him. To say he is worse than Bush is a complete joke. The previous administration is the one that caused the mess we are in now.

Obama was left with little choice on how to fix the problems. If he brought our troops home immediately we would have lost the wars and all the U.S. lives and money spent would have been for nothing. So, he is carrying out the mission to win the wars.

If he let the "too big to fall banks," hedge funds, and insurance giants fail the trickle down effect would have left every company and every citizen in a 1930's style Great Depression, which would be far worse than the current recession.

Yes, he increased our debt exponentially by ransacking our Treasury, but he is completing the mission by winning the wars, and he postponed us sliding into a disasterous depression. If you look at it like that, he did a good job for people in the present. However, this just may screw us in the future. All politicans Repbulican and Democratic alike are incapable of bettering America. Don't let them divide you.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Right wing media is rotting brains on a daily basis and this thread proves it.

How hard is it to understand that right wing media, day in and day out are out to demonize this guy to the point that he is just left of Godzilla.

For God's and this countries sake stop listening to right wing media.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am amazed you didn't say Obama was Lucius Septimius Severus. The emperor whom was born in Africa and became popular among citizens due to his stamping out corruption from previous emperors.

He also basically ran a dictatorship which persecuted Christians and increased taxes.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
Right wing media is rotting brains on a daily basis and this thread proves it.

How hard is it to understand that right wing media, day in and day out are out to demonize this guy to the point that he is just left of Godzilla.

For God's and this countries sake stop listening to right wing media.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by AllexxisF1]

For god sake thing for yourself and stop watching MSNBC,CNN,ABC,NBC, New York Times. Its Rotting your brain. They tell you what to think and blame "BIG" corpatarions for everything. You think goverment is the awnser? i think not! There need to be a balance

new topics

top topics

join