It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Send cash to stop investigations of Obama!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Only from the mouth of Pelosi. Is this all that she is worried about? Wow! Better cut em off before they find something.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is urging Americans to send money to Democrats – or Republicans could take back the House and launch "endless investigations against President Obama."

In a fundraising letter for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Pelosi also warned that a Republican win would "bring back the days of Ken Starr and the politics of personal destruction," the Hill reported.

"Remember a Republican-controlled Congress that devoted more time to subpoenas and investigations than to solving our country's problems?" Pelosi asked. "There is far too much at stake for our country now to allow it to happen again."

Far too much at stake?? Like the advancement of a ludicrous, expensive, economy shattering and power grabbing agenda perhaps. Gotta finish ramming it up the nations anus before the November elections. Sadly, they forgot to provide funding for the vaseline. We are just supposed to sit back and take it like a fresh faced new prison inmate. This is not what my family fought for in three wars.

Rep. Issa hits the nail on the head regarding Pelosi's cry for help...

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., ranking member of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, blasted Pelosi's request to "obstruct oversight" over the Obama administration today.

"Between a trillion-dollar stimulus, numerous bailouts and a government takeover of health care, the role, size and scope of the federal government has grown dramatically," he said in a press release. "Can Speaker Pelosi honestly tell the American people we need less oversight, not more?"

He said lawmakers have a responsibility to investigate "the litany of waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement and corruption that exists in our own federal bureaucracy."

Issa said Pelosi is wrong to think that a Democratic Congress should give the administration immunity from questions and accountability.

"Her statements are indicative of the desperate state her majority is in, and if the best case she can make is to caution the American people against the dangers of conducting legitimate and vigorous oversight, she is welcome to make that case," he said.

"The fact of the matter is oversight of both corporations and the government should be done vigorously and effectively – even if it raises uncomfortable questions for the Obama White House and Democratic congressional leaders."

Issa said Congress should aggressively pursue answers to legitimate questions concerning the administration and added, "All we need to do to know what consequences exist for failing to live up to our oversight obligations is to look at the catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico."

Washington Examiner commentator Mark Tapscott noted that Pelosi showed no hesitation in 2007 when subpoenas and investigations were launched against President Bush by Democratic committee chairmen like Henry Waxman and John Conyers.

"Surely Pelosi's attitude on this issue doesn't depend on whose partisan ox is being gored!" Tapscott wrote.

Just months ago, Pelosi claimed to be running the most ethical Congress ever, CNS News reported.

A reporter asked at a February press conference about Pelosi's promise to run the most ethical Congress in the wake of findings that Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., broke House rules.

Pelosi interjected, "We are."

www.wnd.com...

I love that last part. What's good for the goose is good for gander Nancy.

Now is the time for more oversight and questions as our govt. continues to squander the future of our children.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have an idea...why don't they make Pelosi the first investigation they conduct. One of the reasons can be found here.

This Congress and this Administration have both done more to bankrupt this country with their corruption. I really hope come November not one single incumbent receives a vote, unless they want to dump my trash.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

No one even batted an eyelash at Pelosi's new office space which is triple the rent of her old space. All for the sake of going green.
Will they really save that much in utilities every month?? doubtful.

Pelosi is in dire need of a reality check. Don't forget about her wanton use of private jets.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thats a nice find. I cant wait for November! i already got 5 people who never voted lined up to vote this november. im bring them in.

top topics

join