It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would cause the water to fizz/bubble like this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

The same diffusion argument goes for the oil as well doesn't it? The diffusion takes time, for this volume and this mass of oil and gas, the time is long. Yes, EVENTUALLY, we would see equal distribution, but for now it will be much, much more concentrated near the source, and in the currents exiting the source. Also, the leak is ongoing, so the concentrations nearer to the source will be significantly higher.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I know its dumping huge amounts of methane, but my concern isn't the 10 billion cubic feet, as such. Its that, like the oil leak, they may be lowballing the methane release as well. Although an earlier poster is right, it would take time to diffuse over the entire Gulf, even if it has only had time to permeate 5-10% of it, it would still require a ridiculous amount.

The thing that worries me about it is while I'm skeptical of it being true, I definitely cannot discount it, either.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I tried embedding the video, and it didn't work. There were a lot of conflicting threads on how to do this, any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
This is just sickening, My family loves going down to Florida on spring break, is anyone on ATS near sanibel or Pine Island. Has it reached there yet??

My wife's parents live in Weeki Wachee and I've been to Pine Island several times now. I understand it isn't there ... yet

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

You need to embed just the stuff after the = sign.... you seemed to have embedded more than you needed...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join