It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My unexpected discovery. The Hollow Earth Theory.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think there is a good chance that the earth is indeed, hollow. Our creator wastes not, therefore it makes sense he increased the land mas of each sphere with extra inner circumference, a wonderful design. I guess the history books taught an inner core, maybe they should have just referred to it as the inner sun.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
BS.
i live not far from mammoth cave.
I have been to the very bottom every year for 10+ year's.

nothing down there but fish you can see threw.
not a bunch of people that live in the center of the earth lol

but i star the op for his time on the thread.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by TheAmused]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by christine76
If I were to actually believe something like this I think my family and friends would have me psychologically evaluated. Sorry..

I would think that your family and friends were not very nice people christine.

Luckily I'd like to think I am. The world is full of weird and delusional characters.
But only those who judge are usually the most hypocrite. Think about it. Then you might consider it is better to have a good neighbor then a family that would not accept you the way you are.

Not directed at you. Just some advice for the future.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Come on Kandinsky. Whatever you will say will not make this topic less fascinating.

I only tried to get everything on a pile. I'm not that floaty
Really.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Bang on S&F what a thread!

Just excellent.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

Sorry, just could NOT resist (the devil made me do it, sorry to OP):

Originally posted by jymmyjaymes
Our creator wastes not

Errrmmm...what about the Human appendix?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The polar hole in the north pole has been observed and people have taken picture of it from the Google Earth. But can this prove that the entire interior of the earth is hollow? I don't think so. To prove the entire interior of the earth is hollow, you need show much more than the Earth's north polar hole.

The magma, volcano, sea water, oil reserve, etc has to be located within the thin crust of the earth if the hollow earth theory is correct, which is not likely.

If you have noticed that the Saturn, Jupiter as well as the Earth has the polar holes, it should be obvious that these polar holes are the result of the rotating motion of the celestial objects. Something related to gravity.

In fact, the theory of dipole gravity proposed byDr. E. J. Jeongpredicted the presence of the polar holes and the equatorical rings of the fast rotating planetary objects, which means that the interior of the object doesn't have to be hollow to have this peculiar phenomenon.

It is just the second order gravity at work.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

The polar hole in the north pole has been observed and people have taken picture of it from the Google Earth.

?? Oh, you mean the pattern of CLOUDS that 'resemble' a hole?

Let me ask...since you brought it up...do you know that the geologic North Pole, the part of the Earth's crust that is there, is covered by Ocean? Namely, the Arctic Ocean.

Furhter, did you know that the geologic South Pole is located in Antarctica?

SO...if there is a "hole" at either end...is the continent of Antarctica 'plugging' it in the south, and why doesn't the "hole" in the north act like a giant bathtub drain???

AND....(this will blow your mind)....somebody should tell the Russians, because they planted a flag on the ocean floor, at the north pole....

www.guardian.co.uk...

!Score! one for Russia, eh??

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Okay.

First of all.
I want to let you know I'm a tiny bit disappointed in some of the replies I read.
Where did it came to a point where a sneer or ridicule became so compelling it just needed to be said several times ?

Not that I mind. But it does not suit you. When you feel so strongly, then apply some humor or don't reply. I'm spending some time to share a marvelous story. One that is almost better then a good book and the only thing I see contains nothing more then a rant ?

Just saying...

It is time to find back some of the happy thoughts that went missing.

Get rid of the edge. Have some fun and enjoy what you like and zap to another channel on what you don't.
By all means stay critical. That is a good thing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic.

If and I repeat if, a hollow earth would be reality. That would mean the current understanding of gravity would be wrong. That would result in the inner earth inhabitants not falling in to the inner sun and if we are that far them maybe that inner sun would only resemble some sort of sun but obviously not one that spews out huge solar flares.
I would imagine the inner earth people would be black. If not toasted.

So let your imagination run free and think of the thing as if you were riding a book.
How would you imagine the the problems to be taken care of without completely going mental.

One last thing.
I also came across a few post that were placed without reading the replies.
Please read the replies. They can be better then the OP. Really.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
After reading through the thread, I haven't seen anyone really take up the fact that we can't really "see" what's at the poles, Google Earth notwithstanding.

For the person that has been over the north pole in an aircraft, you should know that the routes are not really over the pole itself, and there are certainly large restricted areas that are not overflown.

While we "should" have plenty of satellite polar photos, we do not, and the few we do have still leave "holes" we might say...

As far as the "inner sun", this is discussed in the HE literature, and no, the inner sun was never said to be anything like a star.

The one plausible explanation offered so far about the lack of photos, is one that seems to go even deeper down into conspiracy, namely the post WW2 Nazi, secret bases idea. Of course it can make sense that the reason we aren't given any real photos of the poles is due to top secret bases. But can we see how this hasn't really solved anything?

If the issue is looked at from "scientific" points of view, then wonderful, let's see our scientistic folk tackle the hollow moon, which may be harder to poke "holes" in.

To sum up, the knee jerk reaction to such things as the Hollow Earth, are usually that, and it's to the OP's credit that lots of info was provided up-front. I'm not "convinced" either way, but I'm keeping an open mind. There are things out there undreamed of, but we aren't going to even notice if we've already made up our minds. Flag and star, thank you.

JR

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Yeah I know, but it wouldn't be the same if I stopped posting salt on the boards

You've got ATS nailed and live up to the avatar in every post. You're a Premier member in my opinion

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

First of all, if the centrifugal force is that strong, why aren't we flying off from the Earth's surface? That force exists, but is much weaker than gravity (regardless of what causes gravity).

Well strike centrifugal force. Gravity comes from a different source all together.
It has to or we would be on the wrong side.

Also, do you know that flights from North America to Asia pass over the north pole, right? If there is a large hole there I suppose someone must have seen it by now, and I don't think that everybody is witholding that information or that they are all government people.

Nope I've only been on a plane once. For only two hours. Maybe that will get me to Norway but...

As for some of the "evidence", anyone can make a map and say it's Egyptian or say something about any topic, but that doesn't make it true.

yeah...

I've spilled paint that ended up looking just the same.

And I don't see how the behaviour of the magnetic poles is any different from what is expected from what is supposed to be something like a generator running inside a constant shower of electrically charged particles from the Sun.

Well... I understand they don't fully understand what exactly does create the magnetic shield. If it is just pressure that heats up the core... Then venus must be hot inside to. Venus has even a cloud layer that is much havier then our atmosphere ?
Not so long ago I read about the oceans being responsible. Does that mean Jupiter has oceans to ? The sun cold have oceans formed of plasma. What about Neptune ?
Neptune has auriolis borealis. So it must have a magnetic field. Does neptune have an iron molten core or oceans ? Neptune has also a perfect hexaganal on its pole.
Please if you can tell me what makes that possible.

In conclusion, I still think that the hollow Earth theory explains much less than the not hollow version.

I agree. But I think it is a cool story nonetheless.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You are are right. It needs to be said.

Don't flatter me to much... Before you know it I'll get arrogant and start acting like a diva

Thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I love the Hollow Earth Theory. Unfortunately, i don't think it's real. However, if it was out there, you'd think these vacationers would how seen it:

The trip will cost almost £18,000 and involve flying to Punta Arenas in southern Chile to connect with a four-and-a-half-hour flight on to Patriot Hills, where accommodation is in double-lined tents and washing facilities comprise a bowl of hot water and a sponge.
The flight to the Pole itself takes six hours, affording views of the Polar plateau, dramatic crevasses and the wind-whipped snow effect called sastrugi. Passengers will spend up to four hours at the geographic South Pole – 90º south, 0º west – and visit the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station.
They will be able to take photographs at the Pole, visit the station shop and stamp postcards with a special South Pole postmark. The only wildlife may be the odd off-course skua seabird. They can expect almost no humidity, high winds, a temperature as low as -28C (-20F) and a pressure altitude of about 3,230m (10,600ft).

Link

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ignoring the ridiculously dumb idea of a "hollow" earth and the problems it presents when addressing such things as gravity, seismic activity, radiation, magnetic fields, microwave (And other) scans of the earth done from satellites in orbit..(And on and on), ultimately, the silver bullet that entirely kills this flawed theory is the idea of an inner sun. It simply isn't possible. Does anyone here know how a sun/star works? Taking into account the purported size ...it would need to be incredibly dense in order to keep burning its fuel to give off energy for any lengthy amount of time. And anything that size and that dense would have collapsed unto itself and gone nova. It just isn't possible. And even ignoring that fact....the radiation that it would give off would have cooked us at that distance from us. It's a joke.

Good fun reading though. But that is all. No one should take it seriously.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Nassim Haramein is a brilliant quantum physician that basically studies all out of box theories, anything from crop circles to geometric shapes that have in depth meaning of our every day lives... anyhow there are few threads on him, just amazing theories that are now ... finally getting the MS attention that it needs... anyhow..

he had a theory, if I recall it correctly that he believes that the entire universe, including all living beings are all made up complex structures of tiny black holes. Which explains why atoms and particles are all %99 empty, including our space.

This theory gets deeper, if everything including our red blood cells are all made up of black holes, then so would are planets, his theory is that in center of our earth the "inner sun" many refer to is actually "black hole". This black hole is the reason why all planets are simply hollow in center, yet if this black hole is a 2 way channel, it can also be used as a portal for us and "them" to travel through... which can explain why so many ufo sightings are coming from the center of earth... maybe that is a portal like black hole, which allows 2 way transportation to occur... anyhow i'm sure he explains it much more accurately then my take... look it up, just brilliant ideas... specially about crop circles..

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

OK, I'll play....

If and I repeat if, a hollow earth would be reality.

(Adjusting science fiction/fantasy hat...)

OK, all set, let's go! ---

That would mean the current understanding of gravity would be wrong.

Which aspect of our understanding of gravity?

Certainly not how it's calculated, and measured. That is pretty clear, has been for centuries. IF there were some "glitch" in how gravitational forces work, then it would have been noticed long ago, especially since we've been involved in spaceflight technology.

The fundamental forces of gravity, and how it influences motion on a cosmic scale, such as our Solar System for instance, is also well understood, and the math is irrefutable.

But, as to "understanding" gravity, in another sense? Meaning, the full and complete theory of gravity, and its origins?

THAT is a bit of a debate, in cosmological circles, and theoretical physics arenas. It is, for want of better term, the 'mechanism' within the fabric of space/time that causes any mass to exert a force that we have labeled 'gravity'. That's the Einsteinian view, that has worked so far....

It (gravity) is measurable, predictable, mathematically repeatable in the equations; but the actual nature of our Universe, the real reason things act as they do, is still partially hidden from view.

The Universe is a bit inscrutable, in that sense...teasing us with a glimpse, but not the entire story...yet.

Because there's a hot debate about whether gravity obeys the limit of EM radiation (speed of light), (which, if you posit a 'graviton', or particle that 'carries' gravity, or so-called gravity 'waves'....see, it gets esoteric...)....or if it's intantaneous everywhere, all at once....

TOP minds are agonizing over these concepts, as we speak (or read).

Is that what you meant?

[edit on 24 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes that is what I meant.

So gravity can be calculated. Only thing is that the source is not mass. Cause that would screw up the theory.

I believe Mnemeth is convinced there is another cause. Something electric.

Seriously. The Einstein method is not really following Occam's razor. Fat to complex.

Just don't ask me how much...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

A black hole at the center of the earth? What exactly is it consuming? If it is an observable size, enough to cause it to radiate light due to the particles at its center and event horizon being (Consumed, destroyed, excited...take your pick), then it would have destroyed the earth from the inside out.

Not trying to troll or criticize but, it just makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

A so called holographic universe or are you talking about something else ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join