It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill is a Good Thing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This might come to most as a shock but the Oil spill is a good thing.

I honestly believe that change is good, on all accounts.

Think back to 9/11....Do you realize that it raised our consciousness? That tragic event brought people together, people were kind to each other, that event united us for a short lived time.

Yes many honest, good people died, but on a soul level they died to help wake us up!

As many of you know humanity has been in a deep sleep, a VERY deep sleep.

People go through out their days: watching the news, maybe watching some movies, ya know, the usual. Well, when one of these walking zombies (not to be taken in a negative way) starts to wake up, starts to think "Hmmm...the facts just don't add up right..." and they start researching 9/11 they talk to others about their "discoveries" and slowly a couple drops at a time people start to wake up.

This oil spill is on such a catastrophic level that it effects most people, most zombies. Our precious oceans, our fishing industry, our coastal cities, our marshes....Yes, i will admit that I broke down crying a few weeks ago because of all the suffering.

And then I came to a realization that these animals, our beautiful ocean, our planet...it was meant to happen. It really was. Our hearts are tied to the oceans, I mean just look at how populated our coastal cities are, EVERYWHERE! We are connected to this ocean and this ocean is connecting us to each other.

We can all (at least the majority of us) agree that this is killing our planet, and in turn is threatening our lives at the rate its going.

But this too is a divine plan, WE NEEDED THIS TO HELP WAKE US UP FROM OUR SLUMBER!

Every bit of life that died from this did it for us!

Our human brains can't even fathom the divine structure from which we live, our brains just aren't capable...

This experience is necessary for our growth and evolution in the divine scheme of things. Without massive catastrophes how would we learn? How would we grow? How could we get to the next stage of human evolution if everything stayed the same? How could we really appreciate anything?

Maybe this spill will make people realize how precious our oceans really are how the drilling, and the giant Texas sized trash pile have all been created from GREED.

So, I am glad this happened, and I thank ALL the people and animals who have lost their lives because of this, This is the real war and its the fight for evolution

[edit on 23-6-2010 by berrygurrl]

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is some of the most backward thinking that i've ever heard.
Excuse me for saying this, ESPECIALLY since I would never lay a hand on a woman....but i'd honestly like to slap the taste right outta your mouth.
This is bar-none one of the dumbest posts i've ever seen....you've even managed to top the dorks who pretend to be aliens.
Congratulations!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl
This might come to most as a shock but the Oil spill is a good thing.

I honestly believe that change is good, on all accounts.

Think back to 9/11....Do you realize that it raised our consciousness? That tragic event brought people together, people were kind to each other, that event united us for a short lived time.

This oil spill was probably planned as not being a good thing so that Obama and his New World Order W*nkers can push through the climate bill and Carbon Tax Bill!

And 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government and the NWO to gain control over the sheeple and get their money rolling in from their future theatre wars. U sheeple need to wake up.

You can argue what happened on 9/11 till your blue in the face. Same thing that happened on 9/11 happened on London's 7/7......... It was all planned and orchestrated by our governments.

No this oil spill is not a good thing. This is a prelude to something bigger that's going to F*ck the human race!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think I know what you're trying to say, but it's like saying we needed to drop the nuclear bomb on people to wake up. See where that got us?

So, no. No, it's not good. Not on a soul level or any level. The thing is, we knew better, and we did it anyway. Why we did it is a whole other issue having to do with greed and values that are skewed and priorities that are mixed up. It shouldn't take people and animals and our oceans dying for anyone to see that. They didn't make a sacrifice for the good of mankind, they died needlessly and in vain.

And their deaths won't make one bit of difference to the people really perpetrating this madness. Did the deaths on almost 1 million Iraqis get us to stop that war? No, until these people are held accountable for their actions, they will continue and it will continue, because, see, they don't care and they're in charge.

I wanted to amend this by saying, if your message is that you hope we learn from this and work harder to get things changed so that they did not die for nothing and so that it never happens again, then I'm with you.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

You are going to get absolutely ROASTED for posting that. I'd like to see you go down to New Orleans or the beaches in Florida and speak that rhetoric to the people.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I hear you and I respect everyone's opinion, however things like this NEED to happen in order for people to realize what is really going on in this world.

Speaking from a spiritual level there is no right from wrong, and life evolves through experiences. Everything is a matter of perspective.

There is an opposite side to EVERYTHING! That is why we experience duality. There is a positive side to this maddening catastrophe. And it is the fact that people are waking up. People are starting to realize all that we take for granted like our EARTH! OUR OCEANS!

Humanity needs to realize that we DO need to put an end to oil and focus on CLEAN energy....

Everything happens for a reason and I am trying to state the POSITIVE reason to curb the fears and hate that has been created by this spill.....Because that is the normal reaction that those who could've planned it, and are prolonging this want. They don't want us to wake up they want to keep us at the lower vibration of fear.

And it will probably keep going until there is a massive shift of consciousness.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Alright fellow ATS'ers....I'm not cold hearted AT ALL, in fact I am truly opposite of that. Please believe me that good can come of this....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I've really tried to agree at least with the theory and sentiment of this post. But I think the logic misses out on the fact that this is not going to be a catalyzing event like 09/11 was for people. This is, in the long run, an industrial accident and we've gone through those before many times and ones that were much worse (Dow Chemical leak in India, Chernobyl, etc). This will certainly be a news item for the near future but it will fade and it won't change much, if anything at all.

But even if there is some truth to this, I wouldn't want to be the one to have to express this sentiment to the families of the thirteen people who've now died nor the countless thousands who are suffering because of it.

[edit on 6/23/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I think that is a little extreme, eh?
This oil spill, like everything else, will slowly be forgotten, except for those that it has impacted personally. Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Here again I can't agree. They don't need to happen. It's not good that it happened. We have intelligence. We know what consequences actions bring. Mistakes are one thing, but defying logic, common sense and reason and taking risks this big when you know others will be hurt and die? Nope.

Now I'm worrying that you might go so far as to say it would be okay to make something like this happen to teach someone a lesson, and that would be bordering on downright scary if not fanatical thinking to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Here again I can't agree. They don't need to happen. It's not good that it happened. We have intelligence. We know what consequences actions bring. Mistakes are one thing, but defying logic, common sense and reason and taking risks this big when you know others will be hurt and die? Nope.

Now I'm worrying that you might go so far as to say it would be okay to make something like this happen to teach someone a lesson, and that would be bordering on downright scary if not fanatical thinking to me.

I hope you know that I would never have wished this, ever! However as I said before when events like this happen it wakes people up!!!! Whatever even it may be! And I realize that a very VERY small group of people would actually agree with me, but you gotta look at the bigger picture to every catastrophe humanity has experienced whether it was man made or natural. So are you saying that things do NOT happen for a reason (I'm speaking of a divine intelligence reason way beyond our comprehension)? Or do you believe that things utterly happen by chance?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yes I kinda agree with the OP, a negative catalyst is needed for evolution when the population is otherwise apathetic.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Tree hugger liberal mumbo jumbo crap have not been around the block even once lack of life experience psuedo science crap that the hippies of the 60s spewed...

now they run everything, i'll give ya an "A" for effort though!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

This might come to most as a shock but the Oil spill is a good thing

I'm sure it came as a bit of a shock to all the Wildlife that live there , and all the Gulf residents too.

Maybe we could cover you in crude oil so all you can do is roll around and not even stand up or wash. Maybe you would think different then.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Speaking from a spiritual level, plenty of aquatic animals are now nothing more than spirits! I fail to see the good in this at all. Beaches ruined, fragile ecosystems being destroyed, millions of dollars lost in tourism, peoples' jobs and futures on hold due to GREED. How is any of this good? This isn't opening anybody's eyes to anything really. Now people are just saying "boycott BP!" because that's the easiest answer for them....and meanwhile, nothing REAL is being accomplished. Who knows if this was truly an accident, or some larger ploy to try out a martial law/FEMA camp one region at a time....we probably will never truly know.

I do know one thing though. This oil spill is BAD, bad bad bad!!!!!
Minimalize it, spiritualize it, do whatever you want with it, but you're going to have a VERY hard time finding anybody who agrees with your ridiculous assertions.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't believe that anything I said indicated I believed it happened by chance.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yep!
It's called "human error" when they crash airplanes, right?
I'd say we could chalk it up to "Stupendous greed, incredible levels of gross miscalculation and human error".

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl
I hope you know that I would never have wished this, ever! However as I said before when events like this happen it wakes people up!!!! Whatever even it may be! And I realize that a very VERY small group of people would actually agree with me, but you gotta look at the bigger picture to every catastrophe humanity has experienced whether it was man made or natural. So are you saying that things do NOT happen for a reason (I'm speaking of a divine intelligence reason way beyond our comprehension)? Or do you believe that things utterly happen by chance?

Okey, I . . understand the feeling your trying to express. But, the thought is misguided? This in my opinion is a staged event that got out of control. I'm trying real hard to believe that (and not really succeding) even obama wouldn't take something this far to try an push cap & trade.
The only ones I see, seeing this as a "good thing" would be possibly china so they could take over the fish industry that would normally be from the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I can see where the OP is coming from and I agree that it seems that people now a days do need catastrophes to come together but this is still a horrible problem and not good, at all, for the environment or peoples' livelihoods. It's pathetic that people only seem to want to unite after such events occur and that's what needs to change. People are too responsive compared to going about and putting precautions in place to begin with. Is this event going to unite a lot of people, sure. But that doesn't make it a good thing.

It can't even be blamed on "All" oil companies either and people still scream to completely halt all drilling around the country. It's one company that refused to do anything about the problems with their platform that is causing this and people seem to want to punish them all together. That's like a student in school throwing a fit and then punishing the entire class for his actions and taking away their recess (which seems kids don't even have now, but that's for a different thread).

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Is this thread supposed to be a joke?

Really? A good thing?

By such reasoning was the holocaust also a good thing? How about the black death? According to your point of view the plague was a "good thing" because it taught humans about germs?

After reading this post I really don't know wheather to be offended or confused.

Tragic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join