It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New World Order - Social Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hello,

People talk about the new world order a lot but I have never seen the social aspect of the NWO explored in detail.

Let's assume the NWO (in its nasty, global dictatorship version) has been established.

What would life be like? Which social norms would change, if any? What do you think?

Sorry mods, I think I posted this thread in the wrong place. Could you move it please? Thanks!

Cheers!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by undesirableusername]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Go and read George Orwell’s 1984 there is your answerer.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
imho the Western Left is trying to remake EuroAmerica into an oligarchy ruled by ivy-league best/brightest.
they believe they can bring about a futuristic nanny state where everyone will be happily working for an all-powerful, monolithic, but well-intentioned central government.

look at their agenda. Green? we need to stop polluting and developing. rural and suburban living wastes gas for their commuting, so eventually we'll have to be resettled in wonderful concrete-box apartments where the wonderful government can easily control, I mean take care of, us.
the Ted Turners and John Kerrys, of course, will continue to have ranches in Montana and beach houses in Malibu.
I think the leftists sincerely think their policies will be economically advantageous, but history shows government control and interference stifles economic growth.
instead of Soma we'll have tons of tv and movies (politically correct, sex obsessed, foul mouthed) to distract us. Fox News and talk radio of course will be done away with (with the best of intentions, of course)
religions will be tolerated, as long as the practitioners don't take things too seriously (i.e., protesting abortions). look for tax priveleges to be revoked for churches.
Freedom of Speech will be de-emphasized in favor of tolerance and sensitivity.

'1984' is not a bad comparisom. think the soviet empire; gray, impoverished, soulless.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undesirableusername

As stated 1984, but other interesting books are Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and (more importantly?) We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. I only read We recently, it's supposed to be the text Orwell used for his inspiration and is a very good book.

Edit to add:

We will all be forced to use Ipod's

[edit on 23/6/1010 by jokei]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
there is no freaking NWO dictatorship thing

it doesnt make sense, you know why? because this is not about ONE PSYCHOPATH, this is about a lot of them

NWO will happen, but that will happen in a economic sense, using like carbon trade to control every business in this planet directly, to demand more money from the population and to control even more the tech available to the market

it wont happen in a political structure sense, we still are going to have all our presidents to show their faces like they meant something, they are just actors as you all know by now

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't think there is an organized conspiracy among the liberal elite, but they have the whole groupthink thing going on; they all went to the same schools, share the same belief system, etc.
when I say 'they' I mean the tripod of media, academia, and politics (in the USA this mostly means the democrat party).
they have a shared star-trek vision of what society should be like and they will each advance it in their own little way, from the newspaper editor that selects the stories (and pictures, captions, and headlines) to the junior high teacher that indoctrinates kids on evolution and global warming.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So, the same people who want to regulate industry think the government agencies that would have to exist to do said regulation are evil NWO fronts?

FASCINATING circular logic.

I'm going to move to Somalia so i can live in a FREE STATE!

i'd prefer a new world order to the current corporate state chaos.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Right. But the Republicans are benign and independent of any corporate influence.

I also have some magic free market beans you can buy for a reasonable price!

top topics

join