It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge who nixed drilling ban has oil investments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
All the people who are saying "drill baby drill" make me sick.. "I can't afford 7 dollar a gallon gas boo hoo hoo." Let's see how important you think gas is when the food chain is destroyed from the bottom up. I hope someone goes around to each one of you personally and goes all 007 on you leaving you out in the desert with no water and only a quart of oil to drink.

Oil is poisoning your shores and destroying your lives and you can't let go of the luxury that it affords you.

There was a point in time when humanity survived quite reasonably without oil. Would life without it now inconvenience everyone? Sure. Would it make life impossible? No.

The only thing needed for humans to survive is food, water, and shelter. Anything that threatens those three things is directly a threat to human survival.

Before I get jumped on for being a hypocrite because I use oil too, I will let you know that my carbon footprint would put the rest of peoples here to shame. If tomorrow they deemed all the modern day conveniences illegal my life would continue much the same way it does today. I have not used a drop of petroleum at all in over 8 months. I live off the land. The only thing I come on the grid for is to shower, shave, and catch up on how the rest of the world is going to hell.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks for posting that link, I will try to find out if is anything in the net on this particular lecture.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Actually US today said that their reserves are more than expected, so is not going to be any price gouging anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I know, but it seems everyone thinks a delay in drilling is going to grind society to a screeching halt.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by PayMeh]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

That is what the oil companies wants they want the people to get scare of a possible price hike on oil, then again we most actually start to see who is ruling the nations oil business after all.

Then more and more the links of the Judge that override the ban is becoming apparent, many are saying that he was bought by the big oil companies so he rule in their favors.

Taking into consideration how corrupted are the people in positions of power I will say that he is in their pockets and it smells like conflict of interest and screw safety

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Anybody know anything about this lecture? Seems to be a interesting topic for Judge Feldman to be lecturing on.

The Supreme Court as Commander in Chief
Posted April 5th, 2010 by Tommy Sturgeon
Please join us in welcoming Judge Martin L.C. Feldman, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana, as he discusses this timely and engaging topic. Professor Luke Milligan will provide commentary.

Lunch is provided.

Room 175

12:00-1:00

www.law.louisville.edu...

I posted the above quote earlier. I tried emailing the professor of the class and this is the email he sent back.
Me to the professor.

I was interested in the lecture The Supreme Court as Commander-in-Chief. I'm not sure if you have any notes or possible recordings of the lecture. That you could share.

The professors reply.

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately the presentation was not recorded. And the presenter, Judge Martin Feldman of New Orleans, used only rough handwritten notes. Sorry.

So yes he did give a speech about "The Supreme Court as Commander in Chief". Notice in my email I only used the name of the speech and never mentioned the judge, but he knew who did. So what was the speech about. Was it about Republican appointed judges acting as commander and chief or under mining the commander and chief? Curiosity has me at this point.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
"It’s The Money, Stupid!!"

Oh yeah! So what’s new? It's a typical case of conflict of interest:

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana — A US judge Tuesday blocked a Gulf of Mexico deepwater drilling freeze, saying it would irreparably harm the economy and oil companies, and striking a blow to the Obama administration.

Utter rubbish!!

Martin Feldman's ruled in favor of 32 oil firms which challenged the moratorium imposed by President Barack Obama in the wake of the massive Gulf oil spill.

His reason? Banning drilling would have an immeasurable effect on the plaintiffs, the local economy, the Gulf region and the critical present-day aspect of the availability of domestic energy in this country.

Feldman's 2008 financial disclosure report — the most recent available — showed investments in:

TransoceanLtd (The Company that owned the sunken Deepwater Horizon drilling rig.).
Ocean Energy, a Houston-based company.
Quicksilver Resources.
Prospect Energy.
Peabody Energy.
Halliburton (Which was involved in the doomed Deepwater Horizon project).
Pengrowth Energy Trust.
Atlas Energy Resources.
Parker Drilling
And other energy conglomerates.

And by the way, he's one of many federal judges across the Gulf Coast region with money in oil and gas!

So, damn the environment and damn the cost to human lives. Is this American style democracy? A democracy run by the oil and banking cartels for themselves! Nobody else counts. Lesser souls like you and I will just keep getting suckered till kingdom come!

After all, it’s the money, stupid!!

www.google.com...
www.daytondailynews.com...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tetrahedron

One more time. It was not a LA state court judge who had this case. It was MARTIN L. C. FELDMAN, UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
where are the news ?

I mean, we all know our run is run by psychopaths, and most of them want to work at politics and decision making positions

thats what happens when people dont do a freaking brain scan before accepting people in these jobs

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks for finding out more information in the subject, what I found in the net is that the Lecture was in references to Guantanamo detainees and the Power of the US commander in Chief to deny the habeas corpus on citizens and impose new laws on terrorist, under the patriot act.

The court rule that the US commander in Chief doesn't have the power to take the rights of citizens like the Habeas corpus as this is a constitutional issue and the lecture was directed to students of law in Constitutional law.

That is what I was able to get from here and there in the net about this particular lecture

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here's a new link by Washington post;

www.washingtonpost.com...

Notice the date of story thread started, and here it is today; June 29,2010

I'm off to read it and thread now that I thought this was breaking news!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think what is the problem here is that a biased judge was ruling in this case, so dates really don't matter.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
The feds are trying to kill the Gulf region and one judge did the right thing to stop them. Once those rigs are leased, they will not come back and the jobs and lives of the people in the region will be destroyed even more.

The feds actually appealed the decision thus revealing their naked aggression towards the people of the region.

Oil Leak = Disaster

Oil Leak + Disaster = ruined business

Oil Leak + Disaster + Ruined business = Questions regarding the intelligence of dabbling in something you cannot control, especially considering the ruined business.

Questions regarding the intelligence of dabbling in something you cannot control
= A temporary ban upon the dabbling to prevent further disaster

=

The feds actually appealed the decision thus revealing their naked aggression towards the people of the region.

Thats a hell of a contraption you wield there, Tony Hayward

Your solution is ( I am guessing); continue on with the same thing that started the
destruction of the region, to save the region from destruction???

Ah Tony, you must think we are all stupid a???

Orwell missed the mark

you have invented double THOUGHT!!!

star for you!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Janky Red]

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Janky Red]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join