It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars: Why did you choose yours?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

But each must have some meaning to you, or you would not have put them up there to represent you on here. People reading your post will make judgements about you on your avatar as people judge you by your dress code.

Yes this is true, just as people made judgments about me and who I was interacting with on the net.

I guess I am plain and boring

[edit on 23/6/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
My avatar is a picture of me!

People say I'm clever for a cat.

G'day kitty, I would say about average

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
my avatar was chosen to represent my inner beliefs. i chose the character on babylon5 the technomage. these were humans that used science and spirituality to do whatever they wanted. and i believe the integrating of science and mysticism are a definite in the future, if we have one after 2012..................and also the babylon5 reference is a world i would love to live in after et disclosure

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have lots of different ones saved in my pictures that i swap between, some me, some not me, currently using a pic of myself, i get bored of having the same avatar so change frequently.

I want to create a nice celtic design one with a faerie or goddess maybe

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Because it's from my favorite sci fi movie. I like the original version best. Of course I do love Forbiden Planet too! Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well, my avatar depicts a building. It looks dark and cold, just like my heart.

Kidding ofcourse, I just like simple, 'catchy' avatars rather than the usual fancy ones with all the colors and stuff.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic

G'day kitty, I would say about average

Pffft. Most cats I know can't even spell properly.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Lessseeee?

Animated GIF of a little guy with a sling being used as an avatar by someone who quotes the Bible in his sig. line.

Hmmmmmm....

Remember ATSers - the Truth hurts, but it will set you free.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I changed mine just today!

I usually use musicians that I like but I have a few on stand by that are a bit different.

I will be using a special one this weekend to celebrate the special appearance of a certain somebody at Glastonbury

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I change mine a lot but this is my favorite

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I have lots of different ones saved in my pictures that i swap between, some me, some not me, currently using a pic of myself, i get bored of having the same avatar so change frequently.

I want to create a nice celtic design one with a faerie or goddess maybe

I can imagine the reason for a picture of yourself, but for what reason would you want a Celtic design with a Faerie? Would it be some sort of representation of your heritage combined with your view of your self?

And yes I am really that ignorant when it comes to these sort of things. I have sidelined understanding art, reading fiction and poetry etc to quench my desire to understand how the world works. This makes me a less rounded person, which I am attempting to address.

As an example, I do not understand the purpose of ornaments, tattoos, personalised registration plates and so on. Everyone else seems to.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
Pffft. Most cats I know can't even spell properly.

It doesn't stop them posting on ATS though...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I prefer your other one better. The crazy dude with a big gun

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
my avatar conveys that I am always ready to face the evils of the world no matter how big they may be, and also I wear armor so they better hit hard

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

Thanks...that's also Drew Brees, goofing off on a USO Tour-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/271b1b2477bc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I chose my avatar because its me, but only part of me. I have always felt I was missing something, searching for more. I'm incomplete. I'm not whole yet.

I hope one day I'll find "it"

BTW I sometimes post my "alter ego" pict below. Its more of how I feel on the inside.

I quote a song by Fuel:
"All she keeps inside isn't on the label"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc3d85c47cb0.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Because I am a photographer--and I like Fujifilm Neopan 100..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I've had 6 people contact me via u2u about mine. It's old school technology, not a picture of me, by any means.

It's a test pattern transmitted via radio fax from station JMH, in Tokyo Japan.

People who actually know something about radio and meteorology stuff can and have appreciated this avatar.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Because Wild Dog is the poor man's Punisher, and I'm the poor man's Wild Dog!

Seriously, I am a rabid, anti-tyranny, Constitution-waving, gun-toting, east coast Yankee...and I make no qualms about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Aww, I quite like these threads, they're a nice insight into other members - sometimes.

Mine is a Cthulhu - Mona Lisa derivation that I found somewhere, for those that don't know what Cthulhu is check out the author H.P. Lovecraft, who wrote some especially enigmatic "horror" stories. I really like his work and see a lot of his influence in modern cinema, graphic novels and even music sometimes.

I've had a few pissy comments about it, saying it's negative etc, but I just like the juxtaposition of the two elements.

Also I like the idea of Avatars on here, it's an east way to pick out posters I appreciate (or not)...

Edit to add:

My username is a caste of monk and also my old band name, pronounced Yok-eye.

[edit on 23/6/1010 by jokei]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join