It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semitic Saturn Worship.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The Star of David, sometimes called the Star of Solomon. Has been a debate of meaning in the esoteric and occult fields of study. You can look up Jordan Maxwell's videos about. He claims that Judaism is actually worshiping Saturn. (I'm not certain in believing this, just pointing out the coincidences.)

Let's not the Israeli flag for the Hexagram.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2a1c8b0f0c9.jpg[/atsimg]

In the book of Acts in the King James version of the bible it refers to the star of David as the Star of Remphan.

Excerpt, from Wikipedia.

"Remphan, is the King James Version of the Bible's rendering of the Greek word variously appearing in Acts 7 verse 43 as Ρομφα, Ρεμφάν, Ρεμφαμ, Ραιφαν, and Ρεφαν. It is part of a quotation from Amos 5 verse 26 where the Septuagint's reading raiphan or rephan stands the Hebrew Chiun or Kewan. The Greek forms are probably simple mistakes for the Hebrew, k (qoppa) having been replaced by r (resh) and ph substituted for v (yod). Kewan is probably the Old Babylonian Kayawanu, the planet Saturn, another (the Akkadian) name for which is Sakkut, which appears as Siccuth in the earlier part of the verse.
By incorrect transliteration for a word of Hebrew origin [H3594]; Remphan (that is, Kijun), an Egyptian idol: - Remphan. In the book of the Acts of the Apostles chapter 7 Stephen points about this deity Remphan the star of your god whose images you made to worship.(verse 43)"
Wiki

One coincidence of this is that Jews go to synagogue on SATURday. Note the claim SATURN worship.

Now wait.

Not the coincidence of the Star of David containing 6 6 6. Count the sides of the star on the right side (6) and count the sides of the star on the left side (6) and the hexagon in the middle (6).

Not saying that it's bad, look at the book Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e52aef80891e.jpg[/atsimg]

But, Here is my question for anyone who is knowledgeable in this subject.

How did the early Jews know about the Hexagram on the northern pole of Saturn discovered by Nasa in the 1960s?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
and the answer is....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

thanks for the video. pretty informative, i enjoyed it. but how did it tie into saturn and how does the hexagon on the north pole of saturn relate to the numbers of that video?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Where have you ever seen a scripture that says that saturn's hexagonal pole was known by Jews.

Then, where is written that the star of David has any relation to Saturn.

This is new age junk and it smells Jordan Maxwell & Co in this affirmation.

I do not know if Jordan Maxwell plays the idiot or if he is and idiot.
If he is not, he certainly plays the game of people who waht to wash people's brains with in the same way it is washed since thousand of years bi different religions with simple and easy understandable theories.

If he is, the way he tells stories, half way between the truth and the bullkaka.

But, I believe he plays more a game for some people who have certain goals.

Might those be pacific and with good intents is another question.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eurocrates

Pretty hard to diss Maxwell.
That's why you wear wedding RINGS. It represents the rings of saturn.
"With this ring, you are consecrated to me according to the law of Moses and Israel."
It's been clouded by years of misinfo

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

saturn day, was a roman creation, not hebrew. the hebrews calendar was lunisolar. the names of the days of the week were numbers, not words. so there was no saturn day in hebrew texts.

Yom Rishon (יום ראשון), abbreviated יום א׳ = "first day" = Sunday
Yom Sheni (יום שני), abbr. יום ב׳ = "second day" = Monday
Yom Shlishi (יום שלישי), abbr. יום ג׳ = "third day" = Tuesday
Yom Reviʻi (יום רבעי), abbr. יום ד׳ = "fourth day" = Wednesday
Yom Chamishi (יום חמישי), abbr. יום ה׳ = "fifth day" = Thursday
Yom Shishi (יום ששי), abbr. יום ו׳ = "sixth day" = Friday
Yom Shabbat (יום שבת or more usually שבת - Shabbat), abbr. יום ש׳ = "Sabbath day (Rest day)" = Saturday

[edit on 23-6-2010 by undo]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
although, this is interesting entry in strong's concordance:

7674 shebeth sheh'-beth from 7673; rest, interruption, cessation:--cease, sit still, loss of time.

loss of time?
time=chronos
chronos=saturn

every day of the week is a measurement of time. so did the ancient teachings count "time" based on the movements of saturn? and if so, what about the other 6 days, which were also counted as parts of time and represented other planets in roman and greek mythology?

something's mixed up somewhere, because, their calendar was based on the phases of the moon not saturn.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by undo]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Cronus or Kronos[1] (Ancient Greek Κρόνος, Krónos) was the leader and the youngest of the first generation of Titans, divine descendants of Gaia, the earth, and Uranus, the sky. He overthrew his father and ruled during the mythological Golden Age, until he was overthrown by his own sons, Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon, and imprisoned in Tartarus.

en.wikipedia.org...

how interesting is that?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
my question is, were the planets named after gods or gods after planets ?
in my opinion, the discoveries that early humans made in the sky (planets) had massive psychological or spiritual impact. from there it developed, maybe into religions and warship.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
my question is, were the planets named after gods or gods after planets ?
in my opinion, the discoveries that early humans made in the sky (planets) had massive psychological or spiritual impact. from there it developed, maybe into religions and warship.

Is this an honest questioin?
Neptune (god of the sea) was discovered in 1846 before that Galileo saw it in the 1600s
And uranus was discovered in 1781 and spoted in 1690. So the planets are named after gods... Religion came before these planets were known to exist and warships came much much latter.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well here is the problem with the Jews worship saturn theory. The idea of saturday being tied to saturn is okay if you take things out of context and out of order, but here is the problem.
The Star of Remphan was minstranslated to something that was simmilar to saturn but before it was translated it was Ρεφαν which has nothing to do with saturn. So before there was any connection to saturn the jews were doing what they always did. Just because their writtings were translated latter does not change what they were worshiping before it was altered.

How did the early Jews know about the Hexagram on the northern pole of Saturn discovered by Nasa in the 1960s?

They didn't... where did you get that from.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

see it this way, early humans were watching the skies, too.
thousands of years ago, and i bet they spotted planets in our solar system as well (maybe not the far ones), but venus for example can sometimes be seen with the naked eye.
now, what did they call their sightings, what names did they give the planets in ancient times, with ancient languages ?
maybe these names were later warshiped as gods, do you know that ?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Yes Venus is the perfect example, venus was nammed after the god venus. Before Pythagoras everyone thought venus was two different bodies and before it was venus it was called the morning star and the evening star.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I thought this was about Saturnalia.

I guess the two could be intertwined. I'd have to look more into that. Interesting information nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Hesperus (Greek Hesperos) is the personification of the "evening star", the planet Venus in the evening. His name is sometimes conflated with the names for his brother the personification of the planet as the "morning star" Eosphorus (Greek Ἐωσφόρος, "bearer of dawn") or Phosphorus (Ancient Greek: Φωσφόρος, "bearer of light", often translated as "Lucifer" in Latin), since they are all personifications of the same planet Venus. "Heosphoros" in the Greek LXX Septuagint and "Lucifer" in Jerome's Latin Vulgate were used to translate the Hebrew "Helel" (Venus as the brilliant, bright or shining one), "son of Shahar (Dawn)" in the Hebrew version of Isaiah 14:12.

thats not far enough, morning and evening star is later, goes back to hebrew language, and i am sure before this there was another name for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I really enjoyed that video. Not sure if it all means anything, but it is interesting anyways.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by zaiger

Hesperus (Greek Hesperos) is the personification of the "evening star", the planet Venus in the evening. His name is sometimes conflated with the names for his brother the personification of the planet as the "morning star" Eosphorus (Greek Ἐωσφόρος, "bearer of dawn") or Phosphorus (Ancient Greek: Φωσφόρος, "bearer of light", often translated as "Lucifer" in Latin), since they are all personifications of the same planet Venus. "Heosphoros" in the Greek LXX Septuagint and "Lucifer" in Jerome's Latin Vulgate were used to translate the Hebrew "Helel" (Venus as the brilliant, bright or shining one), "son of Shahar (Dawn)" in the Hebrew version of Isaiah 14:12.

thats not far enough, morning and evening star is later, goes back to hebrew language, and i am sure before this there was another name for it.

Yes the recognition of astral bodies predates writting and probably religion and spoken word.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Saturn is the Roman god of the Harvest

the main events, feasts, in the ancient israelite's year were associated with agriculture - the planting of crops, the first and second harvest, etc.

it makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I posted a link to Saturnalia earlier. It's the celebration of Saturn, and many link it with the early roots of christmas.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think it's pretty funny that someone would use Liz Greene's book on Saturn as an example of something Semitic or something sinister having to do with the devil. The real significance of the planet Saturn is that it is the furthest planet visible on Earth with the naked eye. My passing acquaintance with astrology and mythology tells me it would be about earthly constraints and limitations and yes, most definitely time (Chronos) too.

Astrologically it's also about authority and structure. I'm pretty sure Liz Greene's book would explain that too, ah but who believes in this bunk? The planets named after the gods really do seem to reflect the major concerns of the times in which they were discovered so they're interesting as cultural projections, don't you think?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join