It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soundwave Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I devised an experiment using sound waves to separate the oil from the water. I explain it in my previous thread here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am using this thread to show the effect of the soundwave filter. If anyone has any comments on this just post. Here is the video of the experiment....

ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
lighting would be nice

Unfortunately I only see bubbles accumulating on one area, not a complete separation of the paint from the water. Sorry, I'm not quite sure this will be a valuable tactic.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
lighting would be nice

Unfortunately I only see bubbles accumulating on one area, not a complete separation of the paint from the water. Sorry, I'm not quite sure this will be a valuable tactic.

You have to look closely as the paint moves away from where the speakers are located. It is seen more on the sides of the bucket.

I'm sorry about the lighting.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Very interesting concept! I could not see the video well enough to see anything happening. Perhaps you could try to make another video with brighter lighting.

Do you have a science teacher who could possibly assist you? There may be other angles you haven't thought of and two heads are sometimes better than one.

Maybe you need to experiment with a varity of decibels, tempos, etc. to find just the right combination.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Very interesting concept! I could not see the video well enough to see anything happening. Perhaps you could try to make another video with brighter lighting.

Do you have a science teacher who could possibly assist you? There may be other angles you haven't thought of and two heads are sometimes better than one.

Maybe you need to experiment with a varity of decibels, tempos, etc. to find just the right combination.

Yes I do have a science teacher but schools out so there is that problem.

The third video is the most interesting as when I pour in the paint it immediately starts to go to the center. As I said if look closely from 0:16 to 0:25 you can see the sides going inward and creating that big mushroom shaped blob in the center. It then evens out, but then throughout the video you can see the sides evening out and creating a space where there is no paint but just water.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Did you try different frequencies? Or different kinds of music? Wonder what Heavy Metal or Death Metal would do using a tune with fast loud double bass drums (cannons )? Maybe a high pitched instrument or a combo with deep sounding sound waves on the bottom layer & higher pitches at the top...Music consist of many things but when you break it down EVERY aspect has a RHYTHM...including pitch & etc...therefore pulse creating the waves...so you may get alternative reactions re pitch as well as a steady rhythm that is continuous. Love your IDEA!! Hope this will help influence you! I'm a drummer...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Did you try different frequencies? Or different kinds of music? Wonder what Heavy Metal or Death Metal would do using a tune with fast loud double bass drums (cannons )? Maybe a high pitched instrument or a combo with deep sounding sound waves on the bottom layer & higher pitches at the top...Music consist of many things but when you break it down EVERY aspect has a RHYTHM...including pitch & etc...therefore pulse creating the waves...so you may get alternative reactions re pitch as well as a steady rhythm that is continuous. Love your IDEA!! Hope this will help influence you! I'm a drummer...

No unfortunately I didn't because something like heavy metal would wake up the neighbors. (It was about midnight when I did this. I had to wait for my dad to come as I needed his camera.)

Heavy metal would definitely show some much more noticeable effects.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but it doesn't matter what ideas you come up with. They wont use it, you wont be allowed to use it, and they control the disaster.

Unless you have an army at your disposal, I'd say to just forget it. We're screwed, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Talk about raining on a parade!

These kids are the future. They should be praised for taking an interest in problem solving and encouraged to the fullest by those who have ideas to contribute.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Does anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

They may be the future, but the corporations and the govt have destroyed the future utterly.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I like your idea, maybe they could have circular speaker arrays that float on the oil, with a pipe/skimmer to suck the oil up suspended in the middle. And just for the record oil is less dense than water, which is why it floats on top.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by WeAreAllGod]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAllGod
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I like your idea, maybe they could have circular speaker arrays that float on the oil, with a pipe/skimmer to suck the oil up suspended in the middle. And just for the record oil is less dense than water, which is why it floats on top.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by WeAreAllGod]

Well I didn't know. Thanks for that fun fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Try downloading Audacity (it's a free audio editing software), you could try making different tones with that. Or a trial version of FruityLoops could help as well.

An average song isn't really going to produce precise outcomes. You'll need to use something you can record data from if you ultimately want to create a possible tactic

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
Try downloading Audacity (it's a free audio editing software), you could try making different tones with that. Or a trial version of FruityLoops could help as well.

An average song isn't really going to produce precise outcomes. You'll need to use something you can record data from if you ultimately want to create a possible tactic

I downloaded Audacity. I am using it now. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Disregard

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

top topics

join