It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Christianity, Control, and Fear

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cmariesees

Thanks for the response. That's an interesting view you have. Perhaps humanity is a part of the creator's mind, and what people do is a result of its struggle for balance or sanity.

The universe consists of dualities and sacrifices. There is order in the chaos.

In my opinion, there's no need to look elsewhere for a God when we're already a part of what created us. People try to describe what they think the nature of God would be. If a God exists, I think that God would be to us what we are to ants.

Nice first post btw.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Naughty B0B]

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Naughty B0B]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

if you honestly think asking people "why does god let bad things happen to good people" will bring something to their attention then you are sorely mistaken.

Actually, this is one of the most important questions that a Spiritual being does need to ask.

Without questions, we gain no answers, through just accepting, we have no understanding.

If you were shown a answer to something, and then you saw that everyone in the class was using the wrong formula to the problem....would you keep the knowledge and wisdom to yourself?

Someone sharing their belief is no different then what all the men did when they wrote in a book and pasted down their personal paths of Earth and Spirit.

We are to share with each other what we question, what we discover, what we experience.

Sadly, many still walk the path of another man, not seeking their own personal path to Thee that awaits them.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanks Naughty BOB. I have enjoyed thinking about the questions asked and the points made throughout this thread while I cleaned house today. You seem to know the scriptures well and ask questions about the Bible referencing specific passages. Is the Bible the Word of God?
To me the Bible is like a wealth of historical documents and teachings on morality written by men. I like to think some of these were inspired and influenced by our Creator. And, Id like to believe in an ending where Good triumphs over Evil with an eternity of Pure Love without Evil. But, I wonder if the battle is eternal like the Creator is?
I am fascinated with all books written on Creation. I favor books like The Lost Books of the Bible and The Forgotten Books of Eden, The Book of Enoch, and all books about Angelic lore.
Why should we have to accept the Holy Bible as the only Word of God with its limited selection of writtings about him? Weren't the people very careful about the selection process for the writings included in the Bible for the sake of controlling the masses?
Anyway, later I hope to find a thread as good as this one that covers the topic of Creation.
cmariesees

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

The bible does contradict itself. This site shows plenty of them. www.infidels.org...

I'm not over exaggerating. I don't have to. All you have to do is read the bible.

God always gives people under judgement a way out? What were the babies/children's way out?

Are you afraid of death, the devil, demons, going to hell, possession, angering God, being wrong, God not existing, or not going to heaven? If your answer is yes to any or all of those, then it'd be wise to question whether or not any of those fears could explain why you and millions of other people want to continue to blindly believe.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Naughty B0B]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have spent many hours thinking that in all the infinite universe and cosmic wonders man has been brain washed into believing in a book that another man wrote? Sitting in church as a little girl about 7 i began to question and my mom did not like it. I wonder why?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Naughty B0B

There is a book: "The Book The Church Doesn't Want You To Read.", by Tim C. Leedom. It is one of the best books I've ever read about organized religion. It helped me to walk away from fundamentalism years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I can only speak for myself. I have not read the bible I only know of it through others' ability to decipher the words. I do not go to church as I have never believed in the organization of Religions.

I do have Spirit and it talks through me by way of everything around me. Recently, I was lifted from my physical appreciations to a higher state of thought and I found the ability to heal myself by asking for forgiveness. I accept Christ as Lord, and I accept my humble nature of service for this beautiful gift I have received; I am washing myself of my fears and my pains, and I am basking in the Light that surrounds me.

Am I religious? I do not think so. I am Spirited and I accept this as a means to reaching Christ within. I do not think religion can actually teach someone this and I do not think that religion can give someone this.

We either are of Spirit or we are not! I am now very saddened by the way the Non-Spirited, cloaked in any religion, has manipulated and plundered this Paradise. Our water is dead now filled with hatred, should we not drink from the well when it is of our own making? Faith will restore the water but it does not come to those who cannot feel Spirit within, so this is why we must face the worst fears of our lives, the very fears that were told to us throughout our Past. It is repeating itself for us.

Ironically, when Christ returns and restores Paradise within the hearts of men, those who participated in the destructiveness today will be risen once again to "play out" the final Battle. Then the Judgment. So I can only assume that the next set of books that man will ponder will speak of these days on Earth. The next scholars will be just as clever at provoking from within, so as to vibrate that Spirit enough for redemption of all who seek it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Naughty B0B

Good post. Star and Flag. I happen to agree with you.

Originally posted by Naughty B0B Millions of people are being controlled by their religion and many have no idea they're being controlled.

Sad thing, isn't it? When a Free Spirit such as I am stands up and sees how controlling and fear based Christianity is, it makes me sad. It also makes me sad to see those Muslim Brotherhood guys. You know, the ones who torture, perform ritual vaginal mutilations, and stone women by tying their hands to their sides and burying them to the waist then throwing rocks until they are dead? Oh don't be so quick to condemn, I am told, but then even Christianity had it's Dark Days too, didn't it?

It is time for humanity to step away from that which is controlling, and that which does not feel righteous. Step away from religion in general, and focus our energy on creating a new world, while this one reboots and fixes Herself from humankind has once again done to Her. When will mankind learn to take care of his planet?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join