It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New (22/6) Julian Assange(WikiLeaks) Interview & Cryptic Reply to "What's next?" ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
These videos offer nothing new to the well informed peoples on WikiLeaks, Assange and the upcoming release - so if you are such, I reccommend just watching Part-3.

Asking about what is the next leak for WikiLeaks, Julian gave a cryptic response.
Interviewer: Is that a military operation? Or are you talking about something else?
Assange:It's not any one operation.
Interviewer: Mm, so its either a mass bombing somewhere or a financial exposé.
Assange:Well ya'kno its, its, its not this but I can give you an analogy. If there had been mass spying, that had effected many many peoples and organisations, and the details of that mass spying were released, that is something that would affect-ah reveal, that the interests of many people had been abused.

Interesting, perhaps this does give credence to the 260,000 cables?

*shrugs*

I hope so...

That is about the only new information I gleaned from this last night, but it does give a reasonable overview for people who had little-to-no knowledge of WikiLeaks and Assange beyond the Collateral Murder video.

Oh, also it has an interview with Lamo, he appears to be off his head on valium...

It goes into his past a bit and talks about his hacker group at the times infiltration of NASA with the whole "WANKed" anti-nuclear activism - and the recent gains for Freedom of the Media in Iceland.

hahaha, and its funny they have got a former AFP officer (Australian Federal Police (assumes some roles equivalent to the FBI, ASIO does the rest)) praising him... Always makes me smile,

Thoughts?

[edit on 22/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

+237 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I sure hope Assange actually releases the cables next. Maybe wikileaks will release the cables and the video together, that would be huge.
For some reason I think the Lamo guy and his story are just a cover. I think that they must of traced the leaks or something, and they don't want to tip anyone else off that might be leaking information. I don't believe an intel analyst would be dumb enough to go bragging about the leaks on a message board, and if he did then why would he reveal his identity? It doesn't add up.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I really like that just this one guy has entire world governments shaking in their boots. It's just awsome!

[edit on 6/22/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think it sounds like something that affects a lot of people, because he said it's not mass spying, but he alluding to being something that would affect a lot of people. "It's something involving . . ." then he talks about mass spying. So obviously something that affects a lot of people.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by funkmob_starchild]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Assange does not have the 260, 000 cables. Wikileaks already said they don't have them, if they go back on their word then they are liars. I was watching that last night OP, and it was an interesting analogy. I'm tempted to say government spying/monitoring of national internet traffic/profiling etc., but he clearly says its not spying, so I don't know. It's clear that someone was doing something that they shouldn't have been doing.

reply to post by time91

You're exactly right, the whole Manning/Lamo fiasco is just one giant smear campaign against Wikileaks. U.S. defense outlined that they would need to take action way back in 2008, this is them taking action. Manning is supposedly being held indefinitely, may scare of someone thinking about cooperating with Wikileaks, no?

P.S: In the video in the OP, look at the interview with Lamo. The guy is clearly on some kind of substance.

ETA: How awesome was it to see Daniel Ellsberg call him a candidate for one of the 'most dangerous men in the world'.

[edit on 22/6/2010 by serbsta]

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Assange does not have the 260, 000 cables. Wikileaks already said they don't have them, if they go back on their word then they are liars.

Yes, because you wouldnt be hurting your source, who is in jail facing charges, by admitting he had sent you 260,000 classified cables.

I like how you put liars in bold as if that would be a horrible thing to lie to the PTB that are lying to the masses, killing people, etc., just to make a quick buck for their friends.

There is no way he can say they have the cables without betraying his source. He CANT say it and honor his pledge, which I am sure he takes seriously, to protect those who leak documents and such to Wikileaks.

This isnt Sesame Street, you know, where things are just so simple and black and white and lying is always a horrible thing. He is playing a game of cat and mouse with some of the most sociopathic humans on the planet, I think I can forgive him if he fibs a little to throw them off.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Actually they said they don't know if they have the cables. They said they are swamped with submissions and it takes time to weed through them. If it came in the last few months they said they aren't sure if they have received them.

I'd say plausible deniability. I'm sure they have them and will release them when they are able to.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Good response, I take back what I said. It probably was the smart thing to do considering the situation he is in, whether he does or doesn't have the cables.

But you should also keep in mind where this whole 260,000 cables fiasco started. Right from the mouth of Lamo, and his mouth ONLY. Why are we to trust the words of the same person who is suspected to be involved with the Wikileaks smear campaign and who looks as if he just snorted coke in the video in the OP? The whole story cannot be trusted, Lamo has a history of bad journalism (scams, setups, you name it) and to trust his word on something as monumental as this would be... best way to put it, foolish.

[edit on 22/6/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is awesome!! I am so anxious to see what comes out. Thank God for brave people like him!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I agree that Lame-o looks rather drugged in his video. However we also have his chat logs, and not just his personal word. (Though I guess they could be faked)

We also have the fact that the video Manning mentions having leaked HAS been leaked. Which lends credibility to the claim.

It could be that Lamo is lying to make his turning Manning in look more glorious than it was. That is a possibility. But I tend to suspect, *personal opinion* that there is more than just the video coming.

It will just have to be done bit by bit to make it seem as though these are new leaks, in order to divert the blame from Manning to the extent that they possibly can. Like he says in the video, they will do everything in their power to protect you. Manning was not caught because he leaked to Wikileaks. He was caught because he betrayed himself by sharing the information about his leaks with someone whose fondest wish is to be a valuable ally to the PTB, and who thinks that his betrayal of Manning will make him appealing to them.

No one likes a backstabber, however, not even sociopaths. They will use him up and spit him back out.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
He doesn't have any one shaking in their boots... He's giving speeches to the European Parliament. If they wanted to catch him, they could've easily done so then, because I'm sure you can't just walk into the EU Parliament and start talking. They knew he would be there and had their chance to catch him, but apparently they don't care to nab him that much... makes you wonder exactly what sides he's on...

And I'm not very impressed by this. We already know the NSA and other agencies can spy on us if we tip them off with key words or bring any other suspicion to myself. For example, by typing the words 'blow-up buildings' , I've probably been keyworded back to the NSA.

Now imagine if I do it alot :O

blow-up buildings...'blow-up buildings...'blow-up buildings...'blow-up buildings....

Now they're really on to us.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just a quick FYI

Lamo has a mild form of Aspergers and takes meds for it.

In May 2010 at age 29, he was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome after having been placed on a 72-hour involuntary psychiatric hold.

Source

And he sure as hell doesnt look like he just snorted coke.

Get educated.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by brainwrek]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Kudos to the poster above me^
What does this guy have up his sleeve next?
He truly is a good conspiracy theorist, and an inspiration to us all.
I can't wait to see whoever he makes look like a fool now.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow! Sorry for the double reply, but as I was watching this video I noticed one of the reporters quoting Assange was on ATS! Its at about 3:06 on the first video. Am I trippin?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Good spotting!!

[EDIT: TO REMOVE BLURRY PICTURE]

That's as clear as I could get it - it looks similar, but if I am not mistaken I don't think it's ATS...

Second Opinion?

[edit on 23/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Good spotting!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c854b3d542e3.jpg[/atsimg]

That's as clear as I could get it - it looks similar, but if I am not mistaken I don't think it's ATS...

Second Opinion?

That looks an awful lot like it. Doesn't suprise me though. This is the place to come for real info after all :p

EDIT: I paused it on a much clearer image than yours and it isn't ATS.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Pulled up a clearer image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7356af999864.png[/atsimg]

Definitely not ATS.

[edit on 23/6/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Dammit. Sorry for the false flag, in a perfect world it would be ats...sigh

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So this military kid leaks these 260,000 cables (or whatever they are) and then goes into an AOL chat room to brag about it to someone he doen't even know that well? And even if he did know Lamo well, he didn't know that AOL chat is tracked and documented? Something is a bit fishy with that story.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I'll delete mine then. Cheers.

Does anyone know what site that is?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join