It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy Unfolding? Turkey's New Role in Mideast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dovdov
In the Camp David meetings Arafat was offered by Ehud Barak virtually a return to the pre-67 borders, yet rejected it entirely and offered not counter-proposal.

This crap about Palestine being a land of Arabs is entirely disproven by history. The land was a barren waste by the end of the 1800s when the Jews began to return and clean it up making it again habitable. When this happened the Arab bedouins returned too because it was a welcome oasis in a desert land. Once oil was discovered in this region of the world Arabs became greedy, violence erupted between Jews and Arabs, and things have escalated from there.

The Camp David Accords were almost as big a fraud as the claim "Land without a people for a people without a land".

I know it's "common knowledge", but you'd be surprised to learn that the prevailing view is almost a complete lie, Israeli propaganda. This article explains in detail what really happened.
www.nybooks.com...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dovdov

"Hundreds of photographs taken from the time prior to the 20th century prove the land had few inhabitants. "

A few hundred photographs from the turn of the century are not "evidence" of anything, let alone proof. Unless you're talking about vast aerial photographs that detail dozens of square miles but those don't exist from pre-1900, obviously. Even if you had 10,000 photographs, that still means basically nothing. Drawing a conclusion of population density from such information is simply ludicrous.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dovdov

Sorry chap, thats rubbish. I suspect you are using the Mark Twain account which seems to have been woefully inaccurate and is used today by ISrael and pro-Israel US peeps as evidence of why the Jews should have it.

Arab population of Palestine in the mid 1800's was over 1/4 million. They had massive agricultural prioduction which, in the 18th and 19th centuries fed France. Also, it would appear that arrival of the bedouins forced out the local Arabs.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Not entirely sure why the UN had to give them the most fought over piece of land in the world. I mean for all you religous folk is the holy land of 3 differing ideologies and they gave it to the zionists....

Why not give them the greek islands or a place in the pacific???

In my opinion the land is cursed. The land of death. milliions have died for its empty faiths and deciepts...

[edit on 23/6/10 by spearhead]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The obvious reply to Israel and its fulfilling of prophecy is that it is moving the world in that direction purposely, in the name of fulfilling prophecy. So pretty much, Israel is justifying why it's going to # the world up through fulfilling millenia old prophecy.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I would like to suggest we give the Jews California.
I'm totally up for it, being an Oregonian, I think I would love to have them as neighbors.
I wouldn't launch rockets at them, well, at least not everyday, maybe just on the weekends for fun.

As I understand it, they already own Hollywood right?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Facts are facts. We live in a day when propaganda has become a very finely tuned science and used more often than not.

Israel is not perfect. They've done some majorly idiotic things. But the vast majority of the claims made against Israel are ludicrous and disproven.

The sky is blue and clouds are white, even though sometimes the sky is purple and clouds are black.

And no, I'm not a religious zealot, and no I wasn't referring to Mark Twain though his account is entirely accurate.

The photographs cannot necessarily give population demographics, but it can show the land was dead. There was no agriculture. The Arab places of worship (Mosque of Omar and the Dome of the Rock) were in shambles, cities were very tiny, nothing useful grew anywhere, and the land from north to south was still very much desert.

But I realize there is no way to convert a critic. My only hope is that when the unbiased truth is uncovered that the critics will be humble enough to realize they were wrong.

We certainly live in very interesting times - the best of times and the worst of times.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dovdov

Seriously though, even if what you said had any semblance of truth, what gives another group of people any right to take land from another merely because it is claimed they weren't making full productive use of it? Whre exactly does that line of logic lead us? Is it ok for Mexico to take back the south west off the US, because there ain't alot growing round those parts?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dovdov

Let's just imagine that what you said is true, that is still no excuse for stealing the land. Simply because it does not conform to your standards of what a land/country should be, the fact remains that it was inhabited by a peoples and was taken from them by force. Decades later and Israel still continues to steal land that isn't theirs....

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Define "stolen". The land was not stolen from anyone. Why? Because it was not "owned" by anyone except the Turkish Ottoman Empire until 1878 when the "Treaty of Defensive Alliance" was signed between Great Britain and Turkey given Great Britain military control over Cyprus and Palestine. Great Britain was terrible for colonization of occupied lands. But Palestine was largely uninhabited, and not owned by anyone. Many areas of land were legally purchased from Arab land-owners. Agriculture was essentially unknown in the land until the founding of Petah Tikveh.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by dovdov]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join