It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buried ancient Egyptian city revealed by radar imaging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't think this has been posted, so here we go.

I wasn't going to bother at first, but then I thought the age of it was quite significant.

An underground city thats almost/could be 3,600 years old.. Mmmm.

Just thought i'd put it out there and see what response it brings??

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
" The Austrian team of archaelogists has been working on the site since 1975. "

YAWN

Just the news trying to grab your attention so that they could smash you down moments later.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The article said that the main purpose of the radar mapping was to determine how big the city was, I suppose so they could continue asking for grant money to keep digging. I don't know why they think this old buried city is all that important. Yeah, it's old, but...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

Crapper, why didn't I listen to my gut. Thats why I didn't post it this morning, it was my first reaction, yawn yawn seen it all before type thing.

If they've been diggin there since 1975 I would've thought they would have a little more to tell us about it!

Could it have been a bunker from when nibiru last visited??

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

If its almost 3,600 years old then could it have been a bunker for when nibiru last came by? If they could get inside I wonder what it could teach us?

If they've been messing about with it since 1975 why haven't they got any further with it?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If they've been messing about with it since 1975 why haven't they got any further with it?

Egypt's Delta is densely populated and heavily farmed, making extensive excavation difficult.

There is your answer, since they've gotten a grip of radar imaging, now they have announced these new findings.

How deep do i have to dig to make sure im safe from danger
?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
reply to post by Blue Shift

If its almost 3,600 years old then could it have been a bunker for when nibiru last came by? If they could get inside I wonder what it could teach us?

Is there anything to say wether or not it was built underground, or simply buried by thousands of years worth of desert weather? If it was some sort of bunker for a catastrophic event such as Niburu passing (which I am very skeptical about any such thing being at all possible), then I imagine it would have been built for purpose, well under the sand/ground.

There could also be a conspiracy, which is why nobody (that we know of) has been down there and why we keep getting told the work is 'ongoing' etc. If, and I'm saying this with skepticism, an event such as Niburu passing Earth, there could be record of it down there, something that would put the world, and history & science into complete dissaray. It doesn't take that long to get into a tomb, Howard Carter did it in a few days with a few men, pickaxes & his bare hands! Something is a bit fishy here.

The Egyptians were one very complex lot, if I could hop in the TARDIS & go to any time, I would spend a day with them, wow, lol just thinking about it amazes me. If anyone was bright enough to build a bunker or shelter from a forthcoming event, then it would have been these guys. They were obsessed with the sky, the sun & moon & the stars.

I could get into the whole thing about Niburu, but I'm not going to hijack the thread

[edit on 26-6-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
35 years and thats all they have managed.. really? i find that odd, but im not an archeologist, so i guess i really shouldnt judge...

anyway thanks for posting op maybe if people showed alot more interest in this sort of stuff they would stop dragging there heels.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
35 years and thats all they have managed.. really? i find that odd, but im not an archeologist, so i guess i really shouldnt judge...

anyway thanks for posting op maybe if people showed alot more interest in this sort of stuff they would stop dragging there heels.

~meathead

Ancient Egypt is one of my main interests, it's up there with deep space exploration, evolution, UFO's etc.

In my previous post I mentioned Howard Carther, who unearthed tutankamon's tomb without any modern tech, in minimal time, days, not years. I know this was only a small tomb, but with our advances, we shouldn't have any issue at all getting underground to explore this place. If it's not safe for us straight away, then a robot can do the dirty work, there's no excuses for the delay in discovering what this place holds.

My guess is we have been in, and there's something in there they don't want us to know about. Perhaps something pertaining to 2012, niburu or something that would disprove a major religion etc.

Even evidence of aliens, which would of course call for a major cover up, maps of ancient travel routes, going far beyond Egypt, something that would blow history as we know it right out of the water.

If there is something that can change history, it will be in Egypt, I feel.

Also, has anyone heard of the Hall Of Records? which is a mythical library that is supposed to be buried under the sphinx? Well maybe it isn't under the sphinx, maybe it's here, in these forgotten catacombs.

If you really wanted to make a time capsule to contain scared documents, I'm sure they wouldn't have put it under such a great monument. Being thinkers, I really wouldn't put it past the Egyptians to have thought about us thousands of years into the future, poking around their world. The sphinx could just be a throw off for the real hiding place.

For a bit more info, check the wiki here: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY

I don't think this has been posted, so here we go.

I wasn't going to bother at first, but then I thought the age of it was quite significant.

An underground city thats almost/could be 3,600 years old.. Mmmm.

Just thought i'd put it out there and see what response it brings??

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The ancient Jewish historian Flavius Josephus suggested in his work Contra Apion that the Hyksos were, in fact, the ancient Hebrews.

Here is the reference...

"Under a king of ours named Timaus (Tutimaeus) God became angry with us, I know not how, and there came, after a surprising manner, men of obscure birth from the east, and had the temerity to invade our country, and easily conquered it by force, as we did not do battle against them. After they had subdued our rulers, they burnt down our cities, and destroyed the temples of the gods, and treated the inhabitants most cruelly; killing some and enslaving their wives and their children.

Then they made one of their own king. His name was Salatis [1]; he lived at Memphis, and both the upper and lower regions had to pay tribute to him. He installed garrisons in places that were the most suited for them. His main aim was to make the eastern parts safe, expecting the Assyrians, at the height of their power, to covet his kingdom, and invade it. In the Saite Nome there was a city very proper for this purpose, by the Bubastic arm of the Nile. With regard to a certain theological notion it was called Avaris. He rebuilt and strengthened this city by surrounding it with walls. and by stationing a large garrison of two hundred and forty thousand armed men there. Salitis came there in the summer, to gather corn in order to pay his soldiers, and to exercise his men, and thus to terrify foreigners.

After a reign of thirteen years, he was followed by one whose name was Beon [2], who ruled for for forty-four years. After him reigned Apachnas [3] for thirty-six years and seven months. After him Apophis [4] was king for sixty-one years, followed by Janins for fifty years and one month. After all these Assis reigned during forty-nine years and two months. These six were their first kings. They all along waged war against the Egyptians, and wanted to destroy them to the very roots.

"These people, whom we have called kings before, and shepherds too, and their descendants," as he [5] says, "held Egypt for five hundred and eleven years. Then," he says, "the kings of Thebes and the other parts of Egypt rose against the shepherds, and a long and terrible war was fought between them." He says further, "By a king, named Alisphragmuthosis [6], the shepherds were subdued, and were driven out of the most parts of Egypt and shut up in a place named Avaris, measuring ten thousand acres." Manetho says, "The shepherds had built a wall surrounding this city, which was large and strong, in order to keep all their possessions and plunder in a place of strength.

Tethmosis [7], son of Alisphragmuthosis, attempted to take the city by force and by siege with four hundred and eighty thousand men surrounding it. But he despaired of taking the place by siege, and concluded a treaty with them, that they should leave Egypt, and go, without any harm coming to them, wherever they wished. After the conclusion of the treaty they left with their families and chattels, not fewer than two hundred and forty thousand people, and crossed the desert into Syria. Fearing the Assyrians, who dominated over Asia at that time, they built a city in the country which we now call Judea. It was large enough to contain this great number of men and was called Jerusalem."

Flavius Josephus: from his book "Against (Contra) Apion" Book 1, section 73

[edit on 26/6/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Even though the city was not named in the article, I'm pretty sure they are talking about Avaris.

Avaris Wiki

**edit**Ooopsy! Guess I should scan through everyone's posts better as the city was mentioned in troubleshooter's post. Serves me right trying to post something when I'm suffering from insomnia and not in my right mind.

**edit-edit**Although, I'm curious now as to whether these are the ruins of Pi-Ramesses' capital or the city invaded and controlled by the Hyksos.

[edit on 6/27/2010 by Mad Simian]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
maybe if people showed alot more interest in this sort of stuff they would stop dragging there heels.

~meathead

so so true! thats the nail on the head there bruv!! if only everyone showed alot more interest in anything other than what the tv tells you, and obviously what the tv doesn't tell us!! the world would be so much more of a safer place!!

glad you liked the post.

peace out

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Thanks for that, definitely food for thought.

Not sure if i've got my wires crossed but Tethmosis took an army of 480,000 men, they end up signing a treaty with the rulers of Egypt so that they could escape with their lives.
These people, 240,000 of them, escape to a land far far away and create a new city, what we today know as Jerusalem. Were the 12 tribes of Dan all part of this? Is this where they get they're world conquering fantasies from?

Like I said before, I may have got my wires crossed.?.

top topics

join