It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constance McMillen, set to meet Obama and march for Gay Pride, can take pride in 'ruining' her pro

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

This isn't a Race issue... This is how Obama feels the need to spend his time, in a non constructive manor.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Yes, because clearly nutter was talking about this specific situation and he didn't say that what the school did amounts of discrimination by using other examples.

It's your own fault dude. You made the comments in your first post. You deal with the consequences of your actions.

Just like how the school dealt with the consequences of their actions by discriminating against this girl.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I've alreadey agreed to that aspect of your thread.

It's the "selfish" remarks I have issue with.

And yes, once upon a time (not too long ago actually), it was very much a race issue.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I personally think that the school should have let her go in a tuxedo, but they didn't
but I also believe that rather then take everybody down with her, she just should have fallen in line. you don't cut everybody's throat to make yourself happy... If you do you are selfish.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Yes, because clearly nutter was talking about this specific situation and he didn't say that what the school did amounts of discrimination by using other examples.

It's your own fault dude. You made the comments in your first post. You deal with the consequences of your actions.

Just like how the school dealt with the consequences of their actions by discriminating against this girl.

SpectreDC, Please explain to me what where the consequences of their actions.
The way I understand it, Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The ACLU sued, and on March 23 a federal judge decreed McMillen's rights had indeed been violated. True. Her rights to wear and Tuxedo and slow dance with her girlfriend.

The judge didn't order the school to reinstate the prom because he was "assured" parents were organizing a private one. The only problem was, McMillen wasn't invited to what the school called a "formal dance party."

I understand she called the ACLU after being told she and her girlfriend could not slow dance together. I could be wrong.
This incident is nothing compared to what happened in the 60's with civil rights, The way Blacks were treated and all the separatism. NOT EVEN.

On Topic, Obama should be more worried about the oil gushing in the gulf and killing our ocean, Obama should be more worried about our women and men fighting and dieing in two countries that do not appreciate them.

Obama needs to show concern for the land we are loosing to the drug cartels and all the illegals flooding our boarders.
There is much more for Obama and his adviser's to been concerned with other than to try and improve his standing in the eyes of the gay people and their agenda.

obama, you made your promises to every group of peoples that had an agenda, you didn't keep your promise, so why act like you care now.
Is it the 2012 votes?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/576296e2e884.jpg[/atsimg]
You fooled'em once, you going to try again?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

SpectreDC, Please explain to me what where the consequences of their actions.
The way I understand it, Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The ACLU sued, and on March 23 a federal judge decreed McMillen's rights had indeed been violated. True. Her rights to wear and Tuxedo and slow dance with her girlfriend.

The judge didn't order the school to reinstate the prom because he was "assured" parents were organizing a private one. The only problem was, McMillen wasn't invited to what the school called a "formal dance party."

I understand she called the ACLU after being told she and her girlfriend could not slow dance together. I could be wrong.
This incident is nothing compared to what happened in the 60's with civil rights, The way Blacks were treated and all the separatism. NOT EVEN.

The school was the one who discriminated. It was their ill devised rules.

Much like how Nutter is blaming me for going off topic when he was talking about this very topic in his first post and thus is responsible for the consequences of talking about this specific aspect of the story in his original post.

Like Nutter, the school made decisions that were discriminatory. And the result of that was someone fighting against the discrimination. That was the consequence for the schools actions. She should not be blamed for her reaction, because her reaction was just and right.

Yes, it isn't the same thing as the civil rights movement in the 60's, but it's in the same category. What she did amounts to civil disobedience. If she is selfish, than I guess black people were selfish for what they did in the 60's. Yeah, the situation isn't the same. But in the end what was being done is the same strain of thought that caused the situation they were in back then. It's the same concept applied differently.

Note that by consequence, I basically mean the same thing as effect. The cause was discrimination, the effect was someone fighting against the discrimination. You don't blame the effect for a situation, you blame the cause.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Much like how Nutter is blaming me for going off topic when he was talking about this very topic in his first post and thus is responsible for the consequences of talking about this specific aspect of the story in his original post.

I did not start this thread. I think you have me confused with the OP.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

OK, besides her ruining everybody else's prom...

Man, this is ridiculous. It reminds me of the time that selfish Rosa Parks ruined a nice bus ride for everyone else. Why can't people just accept being discriminated against for how they were born and shut up?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Sorry to burst your bubble again but when I went to prom night Gender preferences were the last thing in my mind and those around me.

So where all this crap come from now?

Nothing but BS.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Dear take the race car somewhere else it Doesn't work with me after all I am a minority and to this day I allow no body to discriminate against me.

Plain and simple those that chose to become victims are the ones that never really want to make a difference in this world.

Racism has always been part of human culture in one way or another, only those that want to become victims and point fingers are the ones perpetuating the problem.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sorry to burst your bubble again but when I went to prom night Gender preferences were the last thing in my mind and those around me.

So where all this crap come from now?

Nothing but BS.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by marg6043]

That's nice how it was the last thing on your mind.

In the mind of the girl who wanted to go to prom in a tux with her girlfriend, it was an issue in the eyes of the school because they didn't allow it.

How is that BS? That's just you ignoring the facts of the case.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Man, this is ridiculous. It reminds me of the time that selfish Rosa Parks ruined a nice bus ride for everyone else. Why can't people just accept being discriminated against for how they were born and shut up?

OK, Rosa Parks... not even in the same ball park. Sexual lifestyle is not a race...
This is not the real world we are talking about... this is high school.
according to you then, somebody who "enjoys the company" of lets say a cow.
they should then be able to bring said cow to the prom, and If not, it is racism?
Where does discrimination end, and good taste begin?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

OK, Rosa Parks... not even in the same ball park. Sexual lifestyle is not a race...

Why are you being purposely dense?

Like race, people can discriminate based on GASP, sexual orientation!

This is not the real world we are talking about... this is high school.
according to you then, somebody who "enjoys the company" of lets say a cow.
they should then be able to bring said cow to the prom, and If not, it is racism?
Where does discrimination end, and good taste begin?

Wow, what a surprise. Someone against homosexuality comparing it to bestiality.

Last I checked, two sovereign individuals consented between the two and love the other and wanted to spend prom night together.

And you say that isn't "Good taste"?

You're a disgusting person. You really are.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth

Yeah, and you know what else gets my goat?

Considering your avatar that is pretty funny.
But now we have a black man in the white house. No discrimination there. I would be willing to bet we have even had a gay president or two.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

obama, you made your promises to every group of peoples that had an agenda, you didn't keep your promise, so why act like you care now.
Is it the 2012 votes?

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner! No matter how badly Obama has screwed the country, bring in enough illegal aliens to vote and get enough gay people to vote, and he might yet have a chance at a second term.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Your the one who always turns everything into a race debate.....I'm sorry, I think Schools have the right to choose was is appropriate for school dance's. Why is it up to you, to say what everybody else has to tolerate? If you don't go to that school it is none of your business. You attacking me only shows your not as tolerant as you pretend to be..
what are you racist against dense people?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth

Yeah, and you know what else gets my goat?

Considering your avatar that is pretty funny.
But now we have a black man in the white house. No discrimination there. I would be willing to bet we have even had a gay president or two.

We might have both.... Larry Sinclair anybody

in fact the new Globe has a cover story on Obama being Gay... I think it is the Globe, anyway one of those tabloids.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Your the one who always turns everything into a race debate.....

Apparently you don't know what a comparison is.

There is this brilliant book out there, it's called a dictionary. You might one to check out some time.

I never made this into a race debate. I made a comparison. And to allude to what you said at the end of your post, yes I hate stupid people. If you didn't act so stupidly, we wouldn't have a problem.

I'm sorry, I think Schools have the right to choose was is appropriate for school dance's.

Until it infringes on someones rights.

Why is it up to you, to say what everybody else has to tolerate?

It isn't up to me. It's up to what is right. And what is right is that two individuals who both want to go to a prom together, go to a prom together.

If you don't go to that school it is none of your business.

This is the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Congratulations, you have actually impressed me with your stupidity.

So I guess I shouldn't care about the degradation of human rights in China?
Or the degradation of human rights in Palestine?
Or the actions committed against the jews, gypsies, homosexuals and intellectuals during WWII?

You attacking me only shows your not as tolerant as you pretend to be..
what are you racist against dense people?

Yes, I hate stupid people. Because it's people like you who allowed the holocaust happen. Because it's people like you who allowed racism to fester across "the home of the free and the home of the brave". Because it's people like you who have allowed every human caused atrocity to have occurred.

I don't like your kind of people, because you abuse and neglect the one thing that differentiates humans from animals. Your stupidity makes you nothing more than a walking, talking sheep.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Your totally right... until today I never realized that I am a Nazi Thank you
You have made a mountain of of a mole hill, throughout this entire topic...

you know something dude, being PC... that is the new Gestapo in America

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Slow dancing. The fact you took someone from the opposite sex. On and on, gender preferences were a key to your prom night.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join