It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constance McMillen, set to meet Obama and march for Gay Pride, can take pride in 'ruining' her pro

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Constance McMillen, set to meet Obama and march for Gay Pride, can take pride in 'ruining' her prom

www.nydailynews.com

Constance McMillen meets President Obama at White House on Tuesday night, and on Sunday the teen will parade in front of millions as a grand marshal at the cities Gay Pride March, but she still doesn't know what to wear.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to reflect EXACT Headline

[edit on 6/22/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OK, besides her ruining everybody else's prom... I don't care about this issue. I think she is a selfish person but I digress. The part that bothers me, is this...how Obama spends his time. He only had 20 mins to talk to BP.... but he has time for this? Again, I don't care about the Prom, or being gay... I just think there is far better ways for him to spend his time.
What Sane Man would list this as a priority, when the country is falling apart?

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited to reflect EXACT Headline

[edit on 6/22/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

OK, besides her ruining everybody else's prom[/quotw]

Pfft, I know. How dare she lash out at discrimination. What a selfish bitch.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

yes, when you ruin a entire schools prom because you want it your way, yes that is selfish. but that isn't even the point.
The Point isn't the gay issue... The Point is how Obama spends his time.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I'll bet there's more to that story than you know. I knew kids like that in high school, they did it for attention and the school probably said, "this is dumb, no."

Not saying that there's nothing to it but, there are always two sides.

Also, I agree with OP; this is retarded.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Obama, how about you get working on the oil spill and stop meeting with random people

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The operative word here is sane.

IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

yes, when you ruin a entire schools prom because you want it your way, yes that is selfish. but that isn't even the point.

Well you seem to like making it the point.

But hey, it's good to see you believe that discrimination should be continued because fighting against it is inconvenient for those not being discriminated against.

Pfft, it's just like the selfish *Negro - I mean, black people, in the 60's. Hah, civil rights! What a joke!

Edit to add more appropriate slang.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

I'll bet there's more to that story than you know. I knew kids like that in high school, they did it for attention and the school probably said, "this is dumb, no."

Not saying that there's nothing to it but, there are always two sides.

Also, I agree with OP; this is retarded.

Thank you, She is most likely is gunning for her own reality show... I'm guessing Logo would pick something like that up. everybody want their 15 mins. Skip Gates got his own show on PBS after the beer summit, now She can get hers. I don't care about her.. This isn't a presidential issue, while a huge oil spill is.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Gates actually was appearing on PBS before the beer summit fiasco.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
For the record , i think president Obama is a lacklustre president [ to put it mildy ]

BUT - it is NOT the presidents job to atempt to micro manage EVERY facet of domestic and foreign policy - thats why he has a cabinet and a civil service , military etc etc

the president does not and should not NEED to devote himself to the oil spill issue - 24/7 - thats what delegation is for

carter was a micro manager - look where it got him

reagan announce what he wanted to happen - and let his subordinates get on with the details

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Dude pull your head out and take a breath. Thats not even the point of the thread. Go make your own if you want to debate on the issue. This thread is about Obama spending his time with things that dont really matter at the moment. Not that the DONT matter, its just we have a #load of better things tho be doing right now. Like securing our barders and stoping a oil gusher, leak dosent work for me on this one.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah, and you know what else gets my goat? All those black kids who ruined everybody else's school days back in the day when they were all like "hey, quit discriminating and let us go to the same school as white kids!"

what a bunch of pricks, am I rite?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

of course you pull the race card. High School isn't the place to push Agenda's,
It is disruptive. you don't know anything about me... Some of my best friends are gay, and I love them. but I know If I were in her shoes...I would have done what was in the best interest of my friends and school, sometimes you got to take one for the team.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Then perhaps the OP shouldn't have made it an aspect of the thread by commenting on it in his first post.

Considering the OP wanted to discuss about the event in his first post, you'll be hard pressed to persuade me against bringing it up in this thread. Don't like it? Ignore me.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Gates actually was appearing on PBS before the beer summit fiasco.

OK, I was wrong about that i just saw it a few months ago... flipping through channels...
I shouldn't have made that statement, but I never watch PBS

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sorry to burst everybody bubble here, but while I support that we are all equals, it makes me mad when one group of individuals ruin celebrations to the rest of those that have nothing to do with the issue been parade.

Prom is a time for teens to enjoy and celebrate the final step of finishing school not to force personal issues as gender preferences, racism and anything else that doesn't have anything to do with high school

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043Prom is a time for teens to enjoy and celebrate the final step of finishing school not to force personal issues as gender preferences, racism and anything else that doesn't have anything to do with high school

Pfft, well that's funny considering the high school thought it did have something to do with gender preferences and other personal issues.

Cause ya know...that's where the whole problem came from?

I really can't rationalize how people can blame her for this. Although it isn't a surprise that the people who do rationalize this tend to either be against the rights the LBTG crowd should have or just "don't care".

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm stepping in here BEFORE this turns into a mudslinging thread.

Stay on topic, discuss the facets of this story, but do not discuss each other and do not derail the thread.

OP:

You had to have known this topic would stir the type of controversy you're getting, just roll with it and maintain decorum(and that goes for everyone else too).

Thank you.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Prom is a time for teens to enjoy and celebrate the final step of finishing school not to force personal issues as gender preferences, racism and anything else that doesn't have anything to do with high school

So, you would be ok with a school saying that a black guy can't bring a white girl and then an issue arrises and then the prom is closed? Boy those multi-racial couples are a bit of selfish pricks. No?

Or better yet. How about your child's school telling him/her that they can't take a white partner because your child is hispanic? Would you tell them to just "shut up and go along with the flow" so that the other students can enjoy their prom while discriminating against your child? I think not.

As for Obama. I agree with the OP in that this should be a non issue to the president when we have so much else to worry about.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Nutter]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join