It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX GOP platform: Re-criminalize sodomy, make gay marriage a felony

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The sad thing is that most Texans are Libertarian and/or Constituionalist minded (except for the Rio Grande Valley, Houston, and South Dallas).

The problem is that the law is that you have to run as either a R or a D.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This has nothing to do with religion. That law is just stupid.

For the non religious folks. You can't force morality with a state law. Its not about religion its about Tyranny.

It has nothing to do with religion. Or conservatives. Those conservatives you speak of are actually tyrants lets get that correct ok

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
reply to post by whaaa

This has nothing to do with religion. That law is just stupid.

For the non religious folks. You can't force morality with a state law. Its not about religion its about Tyranny.

It has nothing to do with religion. Or conservatives. Those conservatives you speak of are actually tyrants lets get that correct ok

Well I wish the "real" conservatives wouldn't identify with the "fake" ones.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Would somebody help me out here? I've been looking for the actual "voted on" platform as indicated in the OP story. Most of the links to this story link back to either the Daily Kos or The Texas Tribune, which is a fine and stately sounding name; they have a link on the main bar of their homepage for donations. hmm.

The .pdf linked doesn't have any seal, or official heading, or even the date amended/voted upon. Now, I admit I may be shellshocked still from expanded-view scruitiny of purported Presidential elegibility documents in the past year, but... have you READ this thing? I mean there are things throughout the document and crafted with such draconian precision and defiance, that it reads like a manifesto, not a plaform. Is this for real? I really want to know.

edit fer spelin'

[edit on 22/6/10 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Is this legitimate enough. texasgop.org...

Click the link at the bottom...it's the same pdf.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It is funny to me where this thread is going.
(Disclaimer: The following will require YOU to do a little thinking on your own, I cannot guarantee YOU will understand.)

Keep the government out of my bedroom!!!
How about, the street? The public. Are we REALLY cool with keeping sex JUST in the bedroom?
What right do we have to keep sex JUST in the bedroom?
PRIVATE!!!
Do we REALLY have that right?

(This is an exercise in freedom...)

You have a choice, YES or NO.

You choose, Yes. We have that right to keep sex in the bedroom, private. Okay, who "is" we. You must be talking about a plurality of people that determine the rules that the rest of us live by. YOU and your plurality decide what is best for that minority that thinks they should be able to have sex in public.

You say, NO. We have NO right to keep sex in the bedroom. Sex is natural. It is two or more humans freely expressing themselves, WE have no right to interfere with the free expression of two, or more, FREE humans in their pursuit of...

whatever they want, as long as it is not hurting anybody. YOU don't have to look. YOU can choose NOT to look and cover your child's eyes if you wish.

So, here on ATS, we are looking for common ground! So we can maybe tell someone else how to live their life. Right? Or, we can tell everyone that everything is okay as long as it doesn't hurt someone else.

Then, we have to define "hurt someone else", (GOOD LUCK)

and the world keeps going around and we end up where we started from.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Oh man, i read that "natural man and natural woman" part and laughed. Does that mean no plastic surgery in Texas?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I saw that, and saved it. It's pretty persuasive, I admit, although it IS a facebook page. I'm not sticking up for the ideas in the .pdf or the Texas Republican party, just have some questions that seem to so far defy answering.

ETA: I found a link that stops at the NY Daily News.com, but it doesn't link the .pdf.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
they have a link on the main bar of their homepage for donations. hmm.

So you question PBS when they have a drive for money?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
As a Texan, I'm getting real sick of so-called conservatives talk out one side of their mouth against big government then turn around and try to get into people's bedrooms.

Republicans have not learned their lesson yet and they think here in Texas they have the tea party folded back into the republican party.

From a Former Red Blood Republican, I can't tell you how pissed off I'll be if Rick Perry gets reelected for a third term as governor.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

So you question PBS when they have a drive for money?

Thanks for asking!
I thought "The Texas Tribune" implied a mirror of a recognized newspaper. I don't recall seeing donation drop-downs on say, the Houston Chron Dallasnews.com, etc. You get the idea. Maybe I'm way off base, but it seemed like maybe The Texas Tribune was perhaps borrowing an implied credibility that it might not own.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by AP-Chris

Like I have said. The sheeple screwed up royally by not getting Medina out of the primaries.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So what are you saying? This reference static.texastribune.org... is somehow phony and not a declaration by the GOP?

To me this smacks of a thread derailment. Have you seen this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what? It seems that you are the one trying to spread disinfo. Normally there are names and faces associated with a statement. You could supply neither. You really need to work on thread creation. Try starting off with some verifiable facts.

You owe BH a big thank you for bailing you out of this one.

And as far as I can tell, this is NOT a declaration by the GOP. It's more or less nothing but a wish list that somebody put together.

I really like the word "imprimatur" thanks!

Stick around, kid, you might learn something.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Oh man, i read that "natural man and natural woman" part and laughed. Does that mean no plastic surgery in Texas?

I wonder if that includes unnatural amounts of Hair Spray

BTW your kitty looks how I feel towards Elite economic theory -

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yes, she was too radical for saying maybe 911 should be investigated more. Never mind that our current governer made secessionist statements, shoved a Trans-Texas Corridor against the will of Texans and presided over the largest tax increases in Texas History.

Yeah, faithful Republicans go vote for that POS.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You're right whaaa. That's not a facebook page you linked, but a website that has a link to a facebook page. My mistake. That seems pretty damning. If it's vetted and factual, then Texas, imo, is in deep trouble.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

That's a dog actually
He'd be unnatural in Texas. He's wet and angry there.

That whole PDF was a doozy. Wow, I hope you guys in Texas don't elect those yahoos. It never ceases to amaze me how many people in this country scream about the Taliban and their theocratic ideals, yet they are so happy to set up a theocracy of their own.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Don't kid yourself.
Texas is in NO trouble. Or, at least, nuttin" we can't handle.

Some of you, REALLY need to look at your own situation, YOUR own state or country.

Texans aren't dumb, and they are not likely to be following YOUR advice, because they may have noticed...

YOU ain't doin' all that well....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Janky Red

That's a dog actually
He'd be unnatural in Texas. He's wet and angry there.

That whole PDF was a doozy. Wow, I hope you guys in Texas don't elect those yahoos. It never ceases to amaze me how many people in this country scream about the Taliban and their theocratic ideals, yet they are so happy to set up a theocracy of their own.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by antonia]

Oh Jes... #@!@#, "sorry puppy, good boy, girl?!"

Yes this is at the core of most my vocalizations...

Taliban = BAD

TEXABAN = GOOD

EVOLUTION = BAD

SOCIAL DARWINISM = GOOD

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

Texans aren't dumb, and they are not likely to be following YOUR advice, because they may have noticed...

I'm a born and bred Texan but for Texans to vote in Pretty Boy Rick Perry when they could have had Kinky Friedman in Austin.... That ain't Dumb?

How's Rick workin out for ya!!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by whaaa]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join