It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Summons General over Remarks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

White House Summons General over Remarks

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan has been summoned to Washington to explain derogatory comments about President Barack Obama and his colleagues, administration officials said Tuesday.

The move came hours after General Stanley McChrystal apologized for comments by his aides insulting some of President Barack Obama's closest advisers in an article to be published in Rolling Stone magazine.

In the magazine profile, his aides are quoted mocking Vice President Joe Biden and Richard Holbrooke, the special U.S. representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ahh do I smell dissent among the High echelon of the ranks?

Seriously, this is the beginning of a much larger issue, if the Generals are being snooty they the troops will follow and then?

I see that these two Obama and the General, have never seen eye to eye. Also from the sounds of it, there never will.

There needs to be more people of importance standing up to the LAME Change and lies in the Oval office.

Good Job!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What are they going to do ? Bend his tags and send him to afghanistan..
Bout time the generals told dizzy city to get stuffed..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
And what did the General do?
He issued an apology.... what a spineless PoS. See, that's what is wrong with a lot of the senior brass, they all kiss ass in the hope of getting up the ladder just like any corporate slimeball.
Yes, the senior military commanders answer to the politicians, but they should also have the nuts to call a spade a spade and speak out if they jave an opinion on something. They'd sure get more respect from people.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
[edit on 22-6-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Bout time the generals told dizzy city to get stuffed..

Here Here!!

I think this is well overdue!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

And what did the General do?
He issued an apology.... what a spineless PoS.

I assume that he was ORDERED to apologize.

I mean why risk court martial over a magazine article?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I think that they should bust his rank and then put him, and his manicured hands, on the front line in the most forward of areas....

....and then there is the issue of what we should do to the General

Awesome, you had me there for a moment!

And yes I am sure he apologized because the boss said, YOU BETTER RETRACT THAT NOW!

Hehe, Obama is worthless.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability

Ahh do I smell dissent among the High echelon of the ranks?

No, you smell insubordination.

Seriously, this is the beginning of a much larger issue, if the Generals are being snooty they the troops will follow and then?

This is not the beginning of anything. One is allowed their own personal opinions. However, when one is in the military expressing those opinions can land you in hot water. It has always been that way.
en.wikipedia.org...
If he got sacked he would be one of several who have been sacked for such behavior. You don't talk crap about your boss in earshot. That's common sense. I personally think the guy should have been fired back in fall when he started running his mouth about the surge. He does not know how to conduct himself. Unlike Patton, who actually had winning strategy and vast intelligence, McChrystal is just a wannabe. Even Patton didn't get away with running his mouth.

There is a certain standard of behavior expected out of officers in the military. This guy is not living up to it. I'm an Army brat, my daddy was is, my sister was in, my brother is in, even my husband is in it. Trust me, I know the standards. Don't run your mouth on camera or in print if you want to keep your job. It's been that way since the service began.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join