It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Green Light...UFO, Literally.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Alright, I don't create many threads and upon reading some of the ones everyone posts, I go "yea right". I do believe in life outside of our planet and the possibility of other-worldly craft, and I have something on my hands that just happened to me tonight that freaked me out a bit. I want clarification.

I was driving home from work, it was about 12:40am and there are trees to the left and right of the road. Tall trees with housing developments and such. All of a sudden I see a very bright green light come out from over the trees to the left, cross the road and head over the trees to the right. As it crossed the road, the light "burnt out" so to speak. Meaning, the light seemed like if it were a strobe, it was on turning off.

The strange thing is, I never saw the light come back on and once I got a clearance from the trees, I did not see the light again. The sky was very clear tonight...no clouds, just the moon and some stars.

Let me tell you, this was travelling too low and too fast to be a plane. I am NOT ruling out that it could be a plane, but as I said, it was flying too low. I immediately looked up the FAA lights to see what colors they were...I know you can always see red and white flashing lights and I have never seen a green light on an airplane BUT it did say there is a green navigation light on the right wing of the plane. Being placed on the right wing would definately put it in place for the angle I saw this object at and the direction it was travelling.

The only thing is, there was no sound...if the plane were flying THAT low, I am sure there would be sound. I do not have pictures, as this happened so fast I couldn't get to my phone. I don't think this was some alien craft, but it COULD be. All I am wanting to know is more on FAA lights...does the green light strobe on an airplane? Etc etc.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Was this object traveling in a downward or straight line?

My first guess is you saw a meteorite.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
How close were you to the object? Did it cross in front of nearby trees, or did it appear over the trees? Was the car window open or closed?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
We were driving home one night from god knows where and I remember looking out the passenger window of the car and behind us on the left was this beautiful emerald green light with a perfect green ring halo coming up behind us. I convinced myself this was a train and we were driving parallel to a railway track.

Look there's a train and it's catching up on us, I says to his nibs, in quite a jolly way if I remember.

Weird thing is - I have no idea where or when this was. It could have been the night we were coming home from a big skywatch meeting with some friends. My memory is very foggy but it did happen.

It wasn't till many months later a friend told me - there are no trains with a green headlight.

I hope your green light gets solved. Don't think mine will.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi, I live in South Africa. About 11 years ago, my husband, kids and I, were on our way home from my parents house. My brother, his wife and kids were driving behind us on the highway. For SA people, the N1 between Parys and Johannesburg. My husband saw a bright green/white light in the side rearview mirror. He slammed on brakes, so did my brother, I saw it as it passed the car. It was moving no more than 50m above ground, the highway is elevated, in a horizontal line and flew upwards, as there was an overpass in it's way. All happened in a matter of seconds. We all saw it. My absolute closed minded sister in law, said it was a meteorite. A meteorite does not move horizontally, or move out of the way for an overpass.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, it could have very well been a meteorite and if it was, it was a fantastic sight....well it was fantastic no matter what it was.

The object was above the trees. I live in Washington state, the Evergreen state...and yes, they were very tall pine trees that were surrounding me.

I had my windows cracked in the car...I do not have a deck so there was no music playing. I was driving 35-40mph, hardly any road noise. If it were a plane, I would have heard it. The strange thing is, there were street lights and I did not see a silhouette of a plane...just the bright green object pass over the trees and as it was passing the road, the light seemed to be fading like it was "burning out".

Again, when I got to a clearing after the trees, I did not see the light again. The sky was clear....if this was a plane, I would have seen it through the trees or in the clearing after the trees. I would've also seen the red and white strobes that airplanes have, but they were not present.

This was on the backroads, almost 1 in the morning so I'm not sure if there was anyone else that would have seen it. How can I go about finding out if it was a meteorite? Could've been that, and if it was, that was my first one and it was freakin awesome.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How big was it? and how close did it look

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Was it similar to my incident?

I have not been able to replicate the experience.

The only thing that was odd is that I found out the the owners of the cows had moved them to another field, which is the first time I can remember him doing that,and I don't know why he moved them. I thought he had sold them off but about a week later they were back.

Don't know if the cows had anything to do with it and I still have no clue to what it was.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I can't really even compare the size of the light to anything. I'm not sure how tall the trees are...I would say somewhere around 50 feet tall or more. And the light was probably a good 20-30 feet above that. So let's say for example, it was 80-100 feet above me.

If I had to say the size, it looked to be maybe the size of a Geo Metro if the car were in the air that high. Of course, that figure it for the total light...had a very brillant center and then a "halo" around the outter edge. Then, as I said, the light died out....it got dim, as if a light was pulsating but it was starting to go dim....then I didn't see it again.

It is very strange. I'm sure if something landed somewhere, I would've been able to see it....it may have been a small meteorite that was burning up really bright, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If it was a meteorite and you feel that it might of hit the ground and not burned out, you could pick up a metal detector or borrow one from a friend and go search the area where you think it landed.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Last week, me and the Mrs. were sitting out on the porch not too long after sunset. Watching the stars, chatting about our day, etc. I saw a shooting star and pointed. It was typical. Blueish-white, WAY up there, moving fast, narrow light trail and gone in an instant. Gigi (My better) looked up, missing it and as she exlaimed she never gets to see them, a comparatively SLOW green light, with a green tail, made it's way across the sky. It was much at a much lower altitude, much slower (still, start to finish, about 1 second and a half duration compared to the LONGER, identifiable shooting star with, start to finish, about a half of a second duration) across the Southern sky, East to West.
I still think it was just a shooting star, but, the vast difference between it and the one a few seconds before it made us both exclaim that it was odd.

Now....I wonder MORE!

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Nice....this didn't have a tail though. It was a ball of green light, surrounded by a lighter green/transparent "halo".

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tsi1991awd

Really? Like the one I described above?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tsi1991awd

In the 80s my GF and I were driving along old highway 44 and along the right hand side of the road on the fence line we saw a green light about the size of a basketball pace our car for perhaps 1/2 mi. and then fade out.

Now the odd part. My Gf remembers the event differently. She claims that she was with her friend Linda when she saw the green light and I wasn't in the car.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What we saw was exactly like this except the centre light was also green. Like the green of christmas fairy lights. And it was moving from behind us on the left hand side of our car. I also remember laughing and saying 'the trains catching up with us' because it was getting closer and near level with our car.
I assumed there was a railroad to our left.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee151a2d8081.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It was similar to that picture you posted, except it was all solid green with that "glowing halo" around it...not a green ball then defined solid line then glowing halo. Then the light just died out and that was it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, I didn't expect a UFO sighting when I searched for green light.
Quantum entanglement
Photon A entangles with photon B which then (and in your case) you being photon C become aware there is a lot more to this universe.

a short background on why the search for green light.
I stumbled onto hiddenmeanings.com and read about the photon belt, Which NASA says does not exist.
on the site it states that placing a green light in or around your home will let the aliens know you know. Well thinking I just may get a picture I painted a light bulb green. I know it was dumb...
A few months before my sister gave me a Dead sea salt lamp (is suppose to promote healing she said) anyway I had forgot about it and buying a green light was not top priority. After the light painting job I was cleaning out the back of the car and found the Sea salt lamp in a plastic bag. Brought it in but did not remove it. Stayed a few days on the kitchen table.
When I removed it I noticed there was something else in the bag, and lo there was a five pack of green lights.

So I put it in my bedroom window, not really expecting to photograph a UFO, which I have not had that chance yet. But let me say since turning this green light on, I am experiencing dreams like never before...

Then I moved a small reading lamp onto the night stand beside my bed, placed a green light in it.
Wow, my pineal gland is working overtime.

I'd like to hear if others had any experiences like mine with a green light placed in your house.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MarcusMark

Wow!

I had an encounter with a glowing Green Orb when I was 15. The orb was slow, moved in zig-zag patterns, and was pulsating. It was a ball of green light, with a brilliant center, and a halo of surrounding green light. Three smaller white lights came OUT of the Green orb and encircled it while it was in motion. It was fascinating, let me tell you...I stood in awe almost entranced and did not move nor speak.

I have been curious about Green Orbs ever since then. Upon searching "green orbs" I found this thread.

I will have to try your recommendation of the green light inside the home. I guess my curiosity has gotten the best of me. I will post back with any results.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My experience was a little different... I call it green orb because fire and light do not describe what I saw...

I have seen a green orb a long time ago, around 1975-6, in Goiania, Brazil. I was 10 years old and that sighting has been on my mind since then. Two friends who were standing beside me also saw it. It was a perfect green phosphorus sphere without any trail, sparkles, glow or sound. It had a slow descending diagonal trajectory until it disappeared behind the tree-line. It was a clear night with no clouds. The green ball was two times bigger than a full moon. It didn't look like ball lightnings or meteorites.

new topics

top topics

join