It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents take shelter as crews battle Ariz. fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Residents take shelter as crews battle Ariz. fire

www.msnbc.msn.com

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Authorities say a wildfire northeast of Flagstaff has grown to 10,000 acres and is believed to been started by an abandoned campfire.

Fire crews battling the so-called Schultz fire were working to protect homes in the fire's path. Residents of several hundred homes remained under evacuation orders as the blaze moved within 500 yards of some of those homes, said fire spokesman Eric Neitzel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As if Arizona didn't have enough issues going on, with the Border, Illegals and passing interesting laws, now we have the place burning.

From what is said in the article the arrested someone for having a camp fire, while there was an obvious burn ban.

I hope that rain comes soon to the area so that no homes are destroyed also that no one is hurt.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
They should be alright hoprefully... Flagstaff is further north & higher up than Phoenix or Tuscon; cooler temps, more chance of precip. All the same I pray it doesn't get too out of hand.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Yeah I hope the rain shows up soon. But you know mother nature tends to rebound after the burn.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

No doubt. I used to live in El Paso, now I live in N.C. Barely summer and it feels like West Texas here in the south... hot as hell and dry as a bone.

Makes one wonder what the hell all the meteorologists are talking about when they mention the "average" of anything, since it's always above and abnormal...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have a feeling we are going to see more and more wildfires.

What if lots of wildfires merge into one super wildfire?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I hear you there, I am in central Texas and its already in the high 90's everyday.

makes me wonder about the hurricane season also, but the rain is definitely needed.

Though I hope it doesn't come from the gulf.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

What if lots of wildfires merge into one super wildfire?

Well you know Oakland California sure rings a bell when you talk about super fire.

Nature seems to win hands down despite what means humans deploy as fire restraints.

It could be an interesting season for sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i live in flagstaff, 6 or so miles from the fire. you could see the flames on the mountain from downtown.

we do get fires here, but this one has got a frightfully epic feel to it. the smoke clouds were apocalyptic.

though it is 0 percent contained, the fighters have got some fairly deep fire lines trenched in. tonight will be telling.

bless them firefighters.

this was the second fire in 2 days: the smaller Hardy Fire (500 acres) started on saturday.

both of them, it has been deduced, were started by careless humanfolk.

new topics

top topics

join