It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flaming Tap Water on Gasland on HBO Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Flaming Tap Water on Gasland on HBO Tonight

themoderatevoice.com

The new documentary, Gasland, won a special jury prize at the Sundance Film Festival and premieres on HBO tonight. In it, filmmaker Josh Fox takes on a 24 state journey to examine the environmental and health consequences of natural gas drilling. His focus is Hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, the process by which millions of gallons of water and chemicals are shot at high pressure into wells deep beneath the ground to break up rock formations and release trapped natural gas bubbles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
wcbstv.com
www.wgal.com

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well I thought the world was about as screwed up as it could get, then I read the article and watched the video. Now I am scared to get out of bed and take a shower in case someone turns the lights on and my shower catches fire with me in it.

Death by tap water! can you imagine having that on your epitaph, would really suck wouldn't it!

themoderatevoice.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

All amusement aside, one has to ask, does this indicate that the methane rising in the Gulf is not isolated to the Gulf? Mexico had a methane explosion open a 1000 metre long, 6 metre deep, 2 metre wide crack. gas explosions all over the world, north sea, Norway, Russia, China etc. I am getting the feeling that the planet is being warmed by the CME's we are seeing and it is dissolving the Methane Hydrates, which is causing all this mayhem.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!! The whole sink was just engulfed in flame

I just tried it with my faucet and nothing happened. That's good, but again HOLY CRAP!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OMG... lol.

I'm of the opinion - but you're free to correct me if I'm wrong - that most intelligent people would have an understanding through the faculties of thier sense of smell that something was DEFINITELY wrong with thier tap water...

I find it disturbing that hydrocarbons and other related chemeical compounds are getting into the water supply however. That, compounded by the pharmasudicals reportedly found in tap water as well just goes to show people how low mankind will go to turn a profit...

It's even said that in Nevada, Radioactive materials are seeping into thier water supply from all the nuclear tests that have been conducted at thier test site...

Next - we'll discover something that causes zombification!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

WOW!!!!!
This gives a whole new meaning to the term "fire water!!!!" hmmm I wonder if this could possibly happen in the Gulf of Mexico???

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I just finished watching the documentary on HBO. This was quite shocking. Yes you could definitely smell the gas/chemicals in the water. The lighting of the water was done for the express purpose of showing just how bad the water becomes when "fracking" takes place in the area. On top of this there are also 590 some odd different chemicals that are mixed into the water to "frack" the wells. Many of these are extremely hazardous and flammable in and of themselves. They also use approximatel 8,000,000 gallons of water of which approximately 2/3's is left to seep into the groundwater. Much of the time the water recovered is then dumped into streams or sprayed onto fields. Which then goes back into the water supply. Thanks to the energy bill of 2005 sponsored by Bush/Cheney et al. the companies doing the drilling are EXEMPT from the clean water/clean air acts and about 100 other environmental protection acts.
Please do yourself a favor and watch this. You will gain an understanding of just how bad the situation is becoming across more than half of the land area of the lower 48 states. You will also recognize that a lot of the chemicals talked about in this documentary are the very same chemicals that are escaping from the deepwater horizon well right now. I am scared, very very very very scared!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Josh Fox is as much a charlatan as Al Gore.

He admitted on NPR today that his examples were hand-picked and ignore the reality of Shale drilling.

Hear his admission here:The Diane Rehm Show

Most of his "revelations" are admittedly "stories," and "reports" unsupported by scientific verification.

Of all of his "examples," only 1 was determined by EPA analysis to be attributed to water contamination, and the source has yet to be determined.

Believe what you will, but television is not a reliable source of information. The old "if it's on TV it must be true," story is a joke.

jw

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I know but did you not watch the sink explode?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I made my high school toilet explode.

I can do the same from my well over the Carrizo Springs aquifer WITHOUT natural gas fracking anywhere in the area.

So what?

Deep shale drilling (10,000+ feet) does not generally lead to aquifer contamination.

Facts control over perception and deception.

deny ignorance

jw

new topics

top topics

join