It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US economy to collapse form Gulf closure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I was just reading some reports about the economic effects that the spill could have in the very near future. I was unaware nearly all the oil comes through Mobile READ. If they shut this area down no oil in = NO GAS.

Also a huge amount of the US economy is routed through the Gulf states READ. If this little place gets shut down then the consequences will require the intervention of the UN and possible foreign forces.

Things keep ticking along nicely for TPTB. I can see six month down the line, the people are evacuated, they are on food stamps, eating food supplied by the UN and Mexico, protected by the UN and Mexico, possibly even being run by the UN and Mexico?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was wondering when I was going to see something on the Mississippi being shut down or at the very least make it a hassle to get in and out of. Thats not only going to kill the gulf states economy but the entire United States as well. The Mississippi is a major shipping channel.

So, lets just take an inventory of all the industries that this DIRECTLY effects shall we.

Fishing
Hotels/Resorts
Travel
Marinas
Ports and Shipping
Boat salesmen
Real Estate
Restaurants

Anybody have any more? Im tired as hell right now. I know there are tons out there. Not to mention all of the indirectly effected industries that will turn south after even millions more people become suddenly unemployed and nobody will be able to buy anything which pretty much is what our entire United States economy is based on now a days. This just keeps getting better and better and they still havent stopped the damned leak.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is just one of the things that will lead the monitory system to fail. When you start seeing the Stockmarket Drop MASSIVELY in one day, then we'll worry.

- All in all, this is mainly a ploy to sneak in their Cap-n-trade and internet Censor Bill. I'll post that bill when I find it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Honeslty, I think its hard to say whats going to happen... however this is what I would expect...

Let's say all the wildlife in teh gulf is shot for several years... make it 20 for grins...

New Orleans can still ship in seafood.. so can most of the gulf coast... assuming we don't kill lthe oceans at large... which though possible I don't think is probable...

Folks will however have to turn to different businesses... but I'm a firm believer that there is always a bull market somewhere...

If its not fishing.. its cleaning up... if its not cleaning up its something else...

This will definately ruin many many many families and their business... folks will have to reinvent themselves.. .some will move away... some will move there....

In the end.. Humanity is amazingly creative and resilient....

Right now though, I'm finding it very difficult trying to imagine that the gulf will never be like we know it again... Its possible all could go back to normal in a few years... its also possible that it will never be normal again....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Bingo!!!

We have a winner!!

Most of our refineries are on the gulf coast. Most of our seafood comes from the Gulf.

Considering the fragile nature of our economy right now this could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Dollar crashes on international markets, oil prices double overnight. A real nightmare scenario alright.

We can live without Disneyworld but not the oil that comes in through the gulf.

Starred and Flagged.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It gets worse,

codex aclementum(sp) anyone,

right now most of the orange groves are down in that area...no more vitamen c once a big storm hits the area

I am sure someone will point out that oranges grow in california,,,but that area is due for a major quake ,isn't it ?

I suggest all start to learn the native american ways to get your vitamens or you are going to be paying through your nose to get them from a doctor.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ah, come on, try to find something positive in all this.

When everyone becomes dirt poor, they won't be buying much junk at all. Discretionary needless spending will become a thing of the past. Nobody will be buying much of anything except food. And as a result, the planet Earth, mother nature, will appreciate your reduction/elimination of needless consumption.

A crashed economy means less natural resources will be raped from the planet for needless crap none of us really needs to survive. Less drilling for oil, less mining, less water and air pollution, less deforestation, etc., is a GOOD thing.

World wide poverty is a good thing, a really good thing, really. Come on folks, get on board with this poverty business, because if you're not, then you're the enemy of mother nature, just another one of them excess loving selfish self-gratifying planet trashers.

And listen, you can take the elites down too. There won't be any more big shot bankers and CEOs and elite rich people .. not after all their corporations go belly up and their money becomes worthless because there's nothing to even spend it on anymore. Worldwide poverty can shut down the industrial era .. and it can also shut down the elites .. or do ya all want to remain SMALL people forever? Hum?

So come on, help me crash this economy, and maybe, just maybe, there will be a planet still around for your grand children to enjoy one day. Okey dokie? Okey dokie! It's the only way you'll be able to beat the elites AND save the planet!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Yes, and kill bilions of people from hunger, cold, disease and what not.. You sure thats the future you want for your kids? Get them dying from a disease because there is no way to give him medications that arent fabricated or commercialized anymore? Ye thats a great world for them. Thats progress! Gosh, how didnt I think about it yet?

Really, quit living in fantasy world, where living in mother nature is not harsh for humans.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Picao84]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
With or without this the USA like Europe was going to go into a meltdown, it's been planned all along to get us all on the amero and they can now say it was not the bankers fault but Bp and trust us to sort it all out.

Don't know what trick, if any they have planned for Europe but things have never been right since 9/11 and we would had got a mild recession like we were heading for in 2001 was it not for the zionists.

Too many people sat back and took what they were told over the past ten years and now people are going to be paying the price for inaction and don't think for one second that nicking Irans oil is going to do a thing for you down at the pumps because the NWO is all about having total control over the worlds oil.

Fishermen will be thrown the odd bone to stop them rising up against corporations and people that worked with tourists will get to clean the sands but longer term they are all stuffed, we are all stuffed and it's all done by drip, drip.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Picao84

Hey, I'm just talking about eliminating all unnecessary crap that's trashing this world today. A pre-industrial age way of life. We won't starve if we all become farmers. It's either that, or we're all dead as we proceed to trash and kill the planet. We'll either kill the planet with our pursuit of iToys and other unnecessary excesses, or mother nature will have to do what's necessary to defend herself and reduce the global population indiscriminately.

The choice is humanities to make. Be nice to mother nature and go back to living modest minimal lives (think Amish like lifestyle) .. or die. So, which do you choose? Ain't no other option, and you should know that. This planet can't accommodate 7 billion people all living the American lifestyle, but it might accommodate that many living an Amish like lifestyle. ???

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

We won't starve if we all become farmers

I have a question, who will teach everyone how to farm? The world is completely dependent on technology, farmers as well.
The utopia you dream of is impossible now. Wait a few years, you'll grow up enough to see that world peace will never be, at least until a mass extinction occurs, and it will, some day. You don't have to worry about the over-population of the world, the world will take care of itself, and shake us off little by little, just has she always has.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I have a question, who will teach everyone how to farm?

Oh man, if there's anyone out there walking the Earth that can't figure that one out on their own, DON'T TELL THEM, ha. The human gene pool would be better off without them.

Seriously though, some folks are worse off than that. Hopeless is what I'd call them. A while back in another forum, while talking about survival techniques, I ran into someone that didn't know how to cook rice. OMG! Really, I'm not kidding you. But he knew how to put a plastic tray in the microwave oven and press the "5" button.

You see why humanity is so screwed up these days, why there are so many hopeless monkeys all on our backs? There's people walking the Earth that are too stupid to live, ha. But you see, if we go back to living a more natural way of life, we'll also be cleaning up and repairing the human gene pool. It's like poverty has a built in bonus feature.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ships can still float past oil slicks. Shipping will only be affected if the waterways are closed, but that's not going to happen over an oil slick.

Man, there are a lot of frightened people in this world and a lot of them have cable modems.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

I have a question, who will teach everyone how to farm? The world is completely dependent on technology, farmers as well.
The utopia you dream of is impossible now..

I say your wrong apart from the 'utopia' bit because it will be anything but fun.

Soil has been bleached of nutriants due to over use of fertilizers and we now have super weeds thanks to pestacides and can not rely on oil to do the work.

People will have to be forced to work the land but if we can control this then it becomes just about possible to feed ourselves here in the UK.

Instincts will kick in and given a chance man will take care of his self but we need to also take care of nuclear plants else they will all go critical and kill us off.

top topics

join