It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just picked up my seized laptop and all my MMS files were deleted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Let me see if I have your story straight.

You posted on ATS that you downloaded PDF's from the MMS.gov website.

Next thing you know the State Police are at your door, and they confiscate your laptop.

They return it sometime later, with all the MMS PDF's deleted off your hard drive.

Now you come back on to ATS posting that you have copies of the PDF's that originally got you in trouble with the police?

You do realize that they will probably come back to your house now, right? You do realize that they came to your house because big brother is reading ATS, right?

Dude, it's great and all that you have this information, but you might want to rethink your strategy for dispersing the information across the internet.

They are taking your stuff because they are attempting to CONTAIN the information. So you might want to take away that reason for them by sharing the information across the internet BEFORE you announce to the world (and TPTB) that you have said information.

Just a suggestion. Mods, hope that was on-topic enough for you.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

MMS Disclaimer Information presented on this website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credit is requested. We strongly recommend that MMS data be acquired directly from a MMS server and not through other sources that may change the data in some way. While MMS makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information, various data such as names, telephone numbers, etc. may change prior to updating. MMS welcomes suggestions on how to improve our home page and correct errors. MMS provides no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of furnished data. Some of the documents on this server may contain live references (or pointers) to information created and maintained by other organizations. Please note that MMS does not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of these outside materials. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. Information may also be used for authorized law enforcement investigations. Last Modified: January 26, 2005

source
www.mms.gov...

If the info on the site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied and your posting that you have backups of the "conveniently missing files" is super smart!!!

why not list the files that are now missing?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

What do you mean you are not from this country? Are you currently in the USA or are you currently in some other country?

My B.S. detector is going up on this one.

There is just too much ambiguity and obfuscation coming from you.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So you allegedly hacked into someone elses website, downloaded some commercially confidential files, and then you were arrested.

Now, as part of incriminating yourself further, you are admitting to having done so in a public discussion forum, presumably in the hope that everyone will yell "conspiracy" and offer you moral support in raging against the machine.

Choose a cell number.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Alright. Official reply now. Lol.

I question the authenticity of this post. Mostly claims, with no actual support to back. I think this topic is all about getting attention, although I could* be wrong.

This is very disturbing, if true. I need to see some evidence, papers, essays, photos, SOMETHING.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well some of what you have said just doesnt add up?

If you really had your laptop confiscated for such issues, I think it would be pretty abnormal for any enforcement officers to not search your house for backed up copies.

It also seems pretty damn "stupid" to carry on about it here, and state you have backed up files. If you are such a serious threat, dont you think that they would be watching you now?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wait a sec...before we jump to too many more conclusions, the OP does have a rather long topic about this on ATS. Some of the stuff might be in there? Just saying.

Here....

Oh and as for "hacking?" A lot of times website owners store more documents (particularly PDFs) in public directories than they show online on the website live. You need just go to the source directory and list what's there. I personally found some very interesting things about Iraq that way from the US Navy.

If the files are PDFs and publicly available and download/save capability is there, he didn't do anything wrong. Particularly if you read the disclaimer on the MMS site someone posted above.

You'd think they'd be smarter about stuff, and they are now, but people do make mistakes or just aren't aware sometimes.

I'm thinking the OP possibly has a lot coming at him at the moment. Or maybe not.

Oh, and I still want to know what state this was in. Seems more like an FBI than state police thing.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Well some of what you have said just doesnt add up?

If you really had your laptop confiscated for such issues, I think it would be pretty abnormal for any enforcement officers to not search your house for backed up copies.

It also seems pretty damn "stupid" to carry on about it here, and state you have backed up files. If you are such a serious threat, dont you think that they would be watching you now?

What will they do search a studio apartment which they did! MY lady friend was here and this is how i made bail. I did not hack anything all that was done a massive download of all PDF documents from MMS. apparently this is an issue because i never receive approval to reprint said documents.

Last post for now my report will be finalized around August and people here can make of it what they will OK.....

nothing important here just reporting that people are being blocked or forbidden from writing independent report/s.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow what an incredibly idiotic thing to do.
First downloading the files (did you try to alter them?) Then you now realize that you just told them that you have backups. My BS METER just broke a new high. Your lack of forethought severely diminishes my desire to read any report authored by you! Good luck!

Is that a knock at your door I am hearing???

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
Wow what an incredibly idiotic thing to do.
First downloading the files (did you try to alter them?) Then you now realize that you just told them that you have backups. My BS METER just broke a new high. Your lack of forethought severely diminishes my desire to read any report authored by you! Good luck!

Is that a knock at your door I am hearing???

NOT IDIOTIC

I want them to come for me and they should

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Wait a sec...before we jump to too many more conclusions, the OP does have a rather long topic about this on ATS. Some of the stuff might be in there? Just saying.

Here....

I still want to know what state this was in. Seems more like an FBI than state police thing.

True that account posted that thread, but if you read the writing style it seems like two completely different people. The OP in that thread has a strong command of the English language, but this OP here admits they don't know English well at all.

Also, what did the OP in that thread you posted mean when he said this:

To avoid any further confusion I'm not dougr or jeffrybinladen for that matter!

Something isn't passing the smell test, but I can't say exactly what.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok. First off. Anyone notice the use of the term "State Police"?

And then the use of the words, "Not from this country"?

Correct me if I'm wrong but State Police are derived from The United States.
Not any other state, or province, or territory.

Bollocks. Pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Oh wow. I totally missed that. Hmmm...is someone using his account?

On second glance...

Also, not from this country doesn't mean he's not living in this country. could still be state police.

Also, his English seems fine to me and the same as in the other topic. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Ok. First off. Anyone notice the use of the term "State Police"?

And then the use of the words, "Not from this country"?

Correct me if I'm wrong but State Police are derived from The United States.
Not any other state, or province, or territory.

Bollocks. Pure and simple.

Bingo!

Nothing is adding up here... and now he says "wait til August"? What?

Dude has nothing... he wont even link to his own posts on ATS...

I'm through with this fail...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Um he could be living here. No?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah, the writing from his original post and this, simply do not add up

We have seen many "promised gold" here on ATS, and barely anyone has ever come back with the information they have promised. I see the OP has created 21 threads since joining, thats over one per day...21 in 2 weeks to be exact. Now, many hoaxers on ATS in the past have followed that pattern

Yout hink with all that time and effort on those threads, he couldve been posting this amazing stuff he says wont be here til August.

Sorry, but somethings not right here

Alos, if he is not Jeffrybinladen...then why is he using that name?

[edit on 21/6/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
For someone who English isn't his forte, you really used ambiguous language with saying you "sniped" these documents.

www.urbandictionary.com...

Of all the definition presented here, I'm assuming you mean you found these documents at a crucial time, which would make since as you say they are no longer there.

I'm going to give the OP some slack here and carry on now.

The DMCA is an absolute #ing joke. Firstly, nearly anything can be claimed under it. Anything. I've seen things taken down due to DMCA "violations" all the time even when there wasn't a violation. The problem with it is that those accused as treated as guilty unless proven innocent. As a troll on youtube, I only know this too well.

So from what I gather; the OP was on MMS a while ago and found reports on the site about BP and how they knew about these problems and MMS knew about these problems for a long time.

Which is no surprise considering Bloomberg recently received reports from MMS saying just that.

Now this makes no sense as from what we can tell, you got rather screwed from finding this whereas MMS willingly gave these over to Bloomberg.

So I can only assume two things; one, the OP is correct and telling the truth. The reports given to Bloomberg are a set up to make it appear the government is "on our side" even though we know for a fact THEY knew that the # was about to hit the fan. And it's also possible that the info given was not complete and does not match what the OP found.

The other assumption I can make is that the OP is just full of crap and is hoaxing us.

But I'm not too sure of that. I think the OP may have found something. I mean lets face it, the typical police officer is not tech savvy and it's possible those that took his stuff where regular gumshoes who were just given an ambiguous order from somewhere to take some computers from the OP. They may not have known about the external hard disk.

That's my best decryption of the OP's story right now, and I say if the OP can certainly prove something he should do so assuming his ISP doesn't cut him off again and the partyvan doesn't show up at his house. And you should definitely send what you have to wikileaks as well. Not only will that possibly allow this info to spread but it may help us see whether wikileaks is a "good guy" or a "bad guy".

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

True... you are correct...

But at this point he has let nothing slip... not even cross linked to his own threads on ATS... not forthcoming with information or anything... not even showing the PDF's he downloaded WHILE THEY WERE PUBLICLY AVAILABLE...

Basically we have nothing but his word.... I've heard enough of peoples word (Tony "Tar Balls" Hayward) for one lifetime...

If he doesn't have evidence today... then why post anything other than to distract?

I say attention whore... nothing more...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
*sigh*...I can't wait until summer is over and these kids can go back to school.
I hate these, "hey, look at me!" threads.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Oh, I kind of agree...I still need to take a closer look at his other topic on this. On cursory glance, there does seem to be a lot in there and it didn't seem all that much like a "look at me" topic. Okay maybe a little....

I'm just saying he seems and could well be a bit flustered, and rightfully so, if all this really did in fact happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join