It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just picked up my seized laptop and all my MMS files were deleted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Plus my report that I was preparing, Luckily I backed everything (all pdf documents) retrieved from the MMS website on an external HD........apparently i'm being charged with violating the DMCA act.

So that just delays the report on MMS until around August right about the time BP claims the first relief well will make intersect. BTW from what i hear the first attempt missed by 200ft.......???????just info I picked up through the grapevine.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think this requires a lot more information and background to make any sense of this...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Who seized your laptop? What portions of the DMCA? What's the DMCA?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

More information is needed. What happened? Where did it happen? Why was your laptop seized? Why are you being charged under the DMCA?

Full details, please. Beginning, middle, and end.

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act (Google-Fu You Should)

[edit on 21-6-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The DMCA is:
......The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that implements two 1996 treaties of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). It criminalizes production and dissemination of technology, devices, or services intended to circumvent measures (commonly known as digital rights management or DRM) that control access to copyrighted works. It also criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, whether or not there is actual infringement of copyright itself. In addition, the DMCA heightens the penalties for copyright infringement on the Internet. Passed on October 12, 1998 by a unanimous vote in the United States Senate and signed into law by President Bill Clinton on October 28, 1998, the DMCA amended Title 17 of the United States Code to extend the reach of copyright, while limiting the liability of the providers of on-line services for copyright infringement by their users....
en.wikipedia.org...

So my questions to you are:
Did you recieve a take down notice?..
Have you a website or blog that this happened because of?

Can you give some background info?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
After the dougr C&P thread started on ats I told everyone how I sniped a bunch of MMS PDF files documenting blow-outs non-inspections and multiple violations at the same drilling platforms. So I started a detailed report on MMS, all of a sudden my isp cut me off and I was visited by a State Police interdiction task force????? arrested and both my laptops seized as evidence????

BTW all those documents I downloaded are now conveniently missing from the MMS website....luckily i backed them up.......that's all I can really say for now.

and so I have no further comment the report i'm preparing will speak for itself.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ramblings of a mad man with half a story and little or no facts and he's sitting back smiling at us for trying to guess what they hell he's talking about.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Which state? And wow.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
After the dougr C&P thread started on ats I told everyone how I sniped a bunch of MMS PDF files documenting blow-outs non-inspections and multiple violations at the same drilling platforms. So I started a detailed report on MMS, all of a sudden my isp cut me off and I was visited by a State Police interdiction task force????? arrested and both my laptops seized as evidence????

BTW all those documents I downloaded are now conveniently missing from the MMS website....luckily i backed them up.......that's all I can really say for now.

and so I have no further comment the report i'm preparing will speak for itself.

Dang.

[edit on 103030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just a quick thought but maybe you should edit your post to where it doesn't state that you have backed up files?

If you're getting arrested and things seized, I would be very careful about what you put out there for now.

Wishing you the best of luck

Edit: Also, if they went through your laptop (which they obviously did) I'm sure they have seen your web history which includes this site. Which is wha prompted me to advise against the stating of what you may or may not still have up your sleeve.

Anyhow, I will try to keep an eye on this thread and if you delete the part, I will edit mine out as well. As long as time is still available on the edit.
~Tragic~

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Tragic]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I remember you mentioning you were writing a report on the MMS and the docs you had found in one of the threads here but can't remember which one. Can you link it?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
sorry but what's MMS ?
And where did you swipe these files from - was it some sort of illegal download or hacking job ?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wow, that's incredible. You should send the files to Wikileaks.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

wow, wtf?

That is messed up man.
Kinda sounds like something that should go to wikileaks when your done. lol

look forward to learning more...

and here, friends...
Is a great example of why you should keep everything crucial backed up and separate from your main HDD's.

Sorry you were intruded upon mate.

What now?

thanks for sharing this.......

If you need some safe storage, that will never be found by shady eyes..

feel free..........

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that JBL, but it would seem to point to your report being something that should definitely be seen by as many people as possible. Anything that they want hidden that badly is something we all need to know.

MMS - is the Mineral Management Service.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

After the dougr C&P thread started on ats I told everyone how I sniped a bunch of MMS PDF files documenting blow-outs non-inspections and multiple violations at the same drilling platforms.

Define "sniped"... as in hacked? Stolen? etc?

So I started a detailed report on MMS, all of a sudden my isp cut me off and I was visited by a State Police interdiction task force?????arrested and both my laptops seized as evidence????

So .. you have a lot of things squished up into one sentence here.... You said "all of a suden my isp cut me off and I was visited ..."

So did this all happen at the same time? Or did your ISP stop working, and the next day you were visited? Was this like within 5 minutes of eachother?

Also you said state police interdiction task force... this is usually associated with drug raids....

Really? So you won't let us see them? Somehow your ISP is working now because you are posting again?

I've worked on many raids and forensic situations... and all of this sounds rather far fetched.... could you remove the myst with some evidence perhaps?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If this is true, your mistake was, going around blabbing what you did.

Look man, if you got stuff, just keep quiet about ANYTHING, until you have it all and release it in one big bang - with an opening post explaining everything.

Oh well, that's just how i would have handled it, personally. Anything you type can and will be used against you .... blah blah you know. No offense, in fact i wish you luck.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am not from this country and English is not my forte OK.....regardless the thread that nailed me was the C&P on Roosters well blow out I THINK????I should have never printed anything until the report was finalized. Now I lost 2 weeks worth of valuable reporting and documentation.

have i ever given this forum sh*te? NO and never will, once I can prove through documentation the MMS report will be printed in full here on ATS.

and so now I have to recover my work and start again= a setback to be sure

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join