It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another fox attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

A toddler was taken to hospital after a report that he had been attacked by a fox, police have confirmed.

The three-year-old boy was bitten on the arm while attending a party at Dorothy Stringer High School in Brighton, East Sussex, at midday on Saturday.

LINK

Decided to post this as a follow up to another thread i'd posted here.

I really have nothing against foxes but these incidents are becoming more frequent IMO. What if these stories are coming out so the new government can lift the ban on foxhunting?.
Whatever your opinion on these matters it makes you wonder how bad the situation will get before anything is done.

Regards, CaF

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i think their being reported more after some nice white middle class family had one enter their hous and maul their childeren. i heard this kid was stroking the fox witch is just stupid in the first place.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

Do you not think it's more than coincidence that we've had two mainstream reports since the tories are back in?.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Are you suggesting that David Cameron is hiding in bushes throwing foxes at children?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
What if these stories are coming out so the new government can lift the ban on foxhunting?.

I can promise you, that is not about to happen.

I feel bad for the kid, but that's nature.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

Are you suggesting that David Cameron is hiding in bushes throwing foxes at children?

that would of made a better ad campain for labour than the life on mars posters.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The child ( a 3year old) pulled the foxes tail.....! If my tail was pulled then I'd bloody bite back...!!!

What were the parents doing ? Not aware...... Egging him on to 'pull it'!!!

The media will now call for the mass extermination of the 'Dangerous' fox - everyone 'Sheeple' will be up in arms about the danger !!!!

Do you know, the Only ones at fault are the PUBLIC at large, feeding them, leaving rubbish strewn all over the place etc etc etc .....

GET real, a fox is a wild animal and it has more right than we do to be here....

Final comment to the'Flaming whatever' who made the post...... It is not a party political point, it is the media looking for a sensationalist story and to sell more papers....

More foxes are killed everyday by motor cars than fox hunting, should we all stop driving then because we are all Culpable of being a Fox murderer ??

Regards

PurpleDog UK

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Fox attacks happen more frequently than you think.

Because of the seriousness of the last attack it is now a fashionable subject while it makes media outlets money.

It will run its course and you wont hear about another Fox attack for years until another serious attack occurs.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Both of these incidents were in urban areas, and fox hunting has always been in the countryside, so a return to fox hunting would do nothing for the huge numbers of urban foxes.

Does this suggest that foxes are evolving in the urban setting and are starting to see small children as prey?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
From the looks of this the only thing that really needs to be done is to tell parents to get off their lazy butts and teach their kids something about nature.

I'd love to stroke a fox, but I wouldn't ever actually go and do it because wild animals are unpredictable. Just because something's pretty it doesn't mean you should go up and start messing around with it. Even if the kid hadn't pulled it's tail, it probably would have gotten tired of it and bitten the kid anyway. I've seen the same reaction in domestic cats, does that mean we should start hunting them? Didn't think so.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ShiningSabrewolf]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
What if these stories are coming out so the new government can lift the ban on foxhunting?.

I can promise you, that is not about to happen.

I feel bad for the kid, but that's nature.

Re introducing fox hunting (with toffs on horses with dogs of course) would not make a bean of difference to these fox attacks, Urban foxes and country are so different they could almost be separate breeds, they act different I don't even think they tolerate each other when they come into contact - so you would have to see fox hunts going down city streets... Which I admit would be quite a sight.

Urban foxes are controlled by poison usually, caging problem foxes and even shooting

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
why not introduce man-hunting, that would solve your problem too, as well as others

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

WHAT??? You're kidding me. Is this the new low that British goverment has sunk to? A prime agenda item is fox hunting?

Yeah, that's the ticket!

You Brits are a riot!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wildlife attacks against humans will only become more frequent as we continue to encroach on their habitat at an exponential rate. This attack doesn't surprise me. I don't blame the fox, but rather blame the parents, and humanity in general.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Are animals in England less skittish? I live in the midwest U.S. and I have never been within 15 feet of a fox and I've barely even seen any, how does a toddler catch a fox?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

The Urban foxes are.... They have been living in very close contact with humans for generations... You have to remember british cities tend to be very much more compact than other countries - I used to work out and about at nights all over London, used to have fun with them tossing bits of food etc, had to scare them off a few times to get to the cover I needed to open.

They are casual, even have a little swagger in their walk lol - it's usually the younger ones that are trouble, once they have a bit of experience they know what they can get away with.

It's really not an outbreak of attacks, just the media monster has found a new toy for a while - general rule is they would rather leave you alone, they are only after food and there is usually plenty about - they will attack if cornered or panicked, they are wild animals after all.

edit: very rare that you come close to a country side fox - you will see them at distance, but they are shy, more likely to see evidence, or catch one out of the corner of your eye, they won't hang around.

[edit on 21/6/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

LOL no not at all, but banning foxhunting changed the lives of so many tory following people(and rightly so IMO), to them foxhunting was a way of life.

[edit on 21/6/2010 by Catch_a_Fire]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I agree children should be made aware of the dangers of touching any wild animal, you just dont expect to have to tell children here because foxes used to be rarely seen. Its only since foxes have became more urban that these attacks are becoming more widespread.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

My sentiments exactly.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Under no circumstance did i say i wanted the ban on foxhunting lifted......READ THE POST PROPERLY. Why you chose to get personal with the 'flaming whatever' line i dont know.

join