It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Floor Exploding! Where's the BOP?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i hope they don't kill the feed like the way the thread on floridas Reynolds airpark UN trucks was dropped like a hot potatoe 4 hours ago....dropped from here and jeff rense...on rense for three hours...on ATS for less than 30 minutes...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The sea floor hasn't exploded yet, the BOP hasn't been removed or gone either.

The flow does seem somewhat increased I'll give you that, but I also think its zoomed in and a touch higher up in the plume as well - giving the impression its worse.

If you look at this live feed, it looks the same as it has been for a while. The BOP can easily be seen to be in place.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Sea Floor Exploding? Kind've a little over-dramatic don't you think? Evidence?
The link for BP posted earlier is working and things look business as usual to me. Although, the image shot posted is not what I am looking at. Looks the camera angle has shifted, or the dispersant cloud is over with.

link   
Divinorumus
Thanks for the advice and I will do just that here.......
I must admit I have never watched it this late here.....245 am
Regards.

link   

Originally posted by SFKNOLEG74
reply to post by Gold_Bug

Looks like fire shooting up from the bottom left area of the screen. Is this magma? This is my first time looking at their live feeds.

That is just part of the machinery showing through the plume every now and then looking like an orange flash.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?
The sea floor hasn't exploded yet, the BOP hasn't been removed or gone either.

The flow does seem somewhat increased I'll give you that, but I also think its zoomed in and a touch higher up in the plume as well - giving the impression its worse.

If you look at this live feed, it looks the same as it has been for a while. The BOP can easily be seen to be in place.

Naw dude, even in that feed it is spewing a LOT faster than it has been.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
As stated in another thread, All Cameras to see individual camera just double click on the one you want and double click again to zoom back out.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Can someone do me a favor and clue me in?
Maybe I need to follow a few more threads or something, but what is BOP? What exactly in the photos on page 1 am I suppose to be seeing or looking at that is called BOP?

Sorry for being slow. I guess this isn't my department.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mtmouse34

Google search "Deepwater Horizon BOP" maybe?
Hope that helps

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

BOP is the abbreviation for Blow Out Preventer, bit of an oxymoron now since it didn't prevent anything at all. Maybe it should be "Blow Out Pretender".

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtmouse34
Maybe I need to follow a few more threads or something, but what is BOP?

Contrary to how it's currently operating, lol, BOP means blow out preventor. It's a 450 ton POS that I can't see ever being able to blow out of that hole with the available pressures coming out of that hole, but it's certainly tilting, and tilting a little more with each passing day. And, since it is tilting, you can assume that the pipes below are becoming unseparated, disjointed, and unaligned, and that is scary. Because it's tilting, you can bet the farm that there is oil and pressure exiting somewhere down below, probably quite a ways below, since we've not seen fissures blowing out heavy streams of that stuff all around the BOP ... YET! Eventually that thing will become totally disjointed down before, and .. well, either that will help to stop the flow through the BOP, or it will eventually explode a big hole around that BOP and it will fall down into the hole.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?

BOP is the abbreviation for Blow Out Preventer, bit of an oxymoron now since it didn't prevent anything at all. Maybe it should be "Blow Out Pretender".

Thanks. Its late here and it wasn't clicking for a while. My mind kept wondering what the prison system had to do with the oil mess. ~laughs~

(Thanks to Marr too. I found a few interesting articles to read )

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
woahhh man what is that guy doing with that fan like pump device thing?!?!!?!??!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A few hours ago the camera was on the move. Panned outwards and then all around the area. Then it zoomed in kind of close to the actual flow like what you see right now. I think they just zoomed in TOO closely....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
slowing gowing down at 600 ft now

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
here is a picture from earlier

and here is an overlay from right now

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Another site with a video wall of all of the live ROV feeds:

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

This site loads for me faster than sanaracreations which may be bombarded right now.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by linux2216]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join