It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF many relate current events to the bible. How does it all end?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
There are 38,000 different denominations of Christianity (according to a Christian source I don't have on hand) which means the Bible is SOOOooo vague and impossible to decipher/translate/understand, that even God's followers can't get it.

I'm not a Christian any longer but have read the Bible a few times. It's junk - this alleged god that knows past, present, and future changes his mind?? That's not even possible. Noah allegedly collects 2 of EVERY species on earth and puts them in a boat? We discover new species all the time, and how did walking things get to Australia?

If Christianity weren't so vile and fear-based the Bible would be a total waste of time, unfortunetely there are a lot of followers the rest of us have to put up with.

was I clear enough Christians? please go ahead and ignore me now.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Sorry, I quoted myself when I meant to edit myself.
Please see the next post for the authorised version.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
If all these world events seem to follow the bible or predictions and prophecys in a sequence and order then what happens at the end?

I'm currently in the middle of a series of threads which are trying to lay out the "sequence and order" of the Revelation prophecies.

I must admit that I'm not entirely comfortable with relating them to current events.
There's the danger that this kind of interpretation is just being opportunistic, noticing something which seems to match and taking it out of context. Obviously the current favourite is "seas like blood". A couple of decades back it was "Chernobyl is the Russian word for 'wormwood'". I think it is better to look at the book first, and let the current events catch up in their own time.

As for what happens in the end; believe it or not, Revelation is meant to be a book of encouragement. It's designed for the benefit of a church which is already suffering persecution. Obviously the church of John's own time, in the first instance. Then, for people who take it as prophecy, the church of a future time. The whole purpose of the book is to give a message to that church; "Don't worry. I will deal with them. I've got the power to deal with them."

In answer to your question above, you will find a systematic interpretation of the sequence and order of the prophecy in Revelation, eventually including what happens at the end, at the attached link;

Interpretation of Revelation

This will take you to all my past and future threads on the subject.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
So many people are always like "OMG ya'll! in, chapter 34, section 23.. the blood came down. ect ect ect" and then relate it to whatever..... My question is,,, if all these world events are so related to prophecies and biblical events in the correct order, how come I dont hear much about the end result.. i havent read the bible, But i'm sure it dosent end like one of those movies where you know there is going to be another sequel. If all these world events seem to follow the bible or predictions and prophecys in a sequence and order then what happens at the end?

This is how it ends...

Revelation 21:4-5 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It ends back at the beginning. Genesis will start all over again. This is the "new earth".

Many people will have been wiped out by disaster and those left will be sufficently traumatized where they will bond together and be led by the forces that caused this chaos. These powers will now appear to be benevolent "saviors".

Those "chosen" will be confined in their little gardens of paradise (which has already been set up).....very isolated into their own little microcosmic communities. And thus, the world begins again.

This is what "everlasting life" is all about. Repetition here. Over and over.

Only this time, at the end, some of us will be leaving this matrix.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Devine truth does not bread fear, only false teachings do. You just nailed it right on the head, you were under the influence of something but not the Holy Spirit of our God, I assure you. I am so sorry you lost faith before you were able to break into the truth. I believe if you will look it up the Biblke states that people will be running here and there searching for knowledge but will never find the truth. People can have a doctorite, people can have an IQ out of the roof, they can talk in tongues, or even eat their tounge that does not mean they knowledgable of what God's word reveals. Remember were it says that even a babe could understand the word, well when you humble yourself and submit yourself to our God and awsk for wisdom he will deliver, but to a non believer they will never understand. You were being lead by false teachings as most people are, remember even the very elect will be fooled if it were possible, do you think that is in the future? NO we are living it right now and have been for a very long time. Christianity has been cloned and twisted into such perversness by Satan and that is why there is so much confusion. Hit your face dear man and spend some time in God's word without pre conceptions and humble yourself as a child; believe, repent, confess to our God and ask him to guide you and he will. I pray for your revelation. Melissa101

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

The Bible states that there is only one unforgivable sin and that is blasphemy or non belief thus the sin is non belief. Ultimitly if you follow the Antichrist and take his mark in your forhead or in your right hand you will be lead to believe lies, that is why it is so vital to be knowledgable of God's word (the Bible) not what someone tells you but what you can prove by reading it yourself. What is the mark in your forehead and your right hand? It isnt a tattoo or a chip, what is in yur forehead? Your brain... What is in your right hand? work... So if you have the knowledge of God you are good if not you have been marked by the beast (false religion) If your works are biblical you are good if not your are doing the work of the Antichrist and his false religion. Remember the antichrist is clever he will fool many, people have been sitting is the church pews worshiping for years who they thought was Christ and God but all along they have been decieved, by who? The antichrist who will come looking like Christ. Ever wonder why some celebrate Christmas (the mass of Christ) is that in the Bible? NO, how about Easter, is that in the Bible. NO. Bunnies and the fertility egg are nothing more than pagan beliefs twisted to make people think they are celebrating Chrst but it is far from it. Yes Jesus was born and this is great but it has nothing to do with Christmas, yes Jesus was crusified and resurected, he became our passsover, the ultimate sacrifice to cover our sins with his cleansing blood and this is the greatest gift ever given to man, but this has nothing to do with Easter. Please question these practices and many more, it isnt in the Bible thus it is false no matter who tells you it is OK.

Please edit for spelling...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Melissa101]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I might add to this discussion that a reading of the book of Isaiah is invaluable.

The rest should follow, Jeremiah, Daniel, and Ezekiel. These books all contain details about the issues in question, and can provide more data for a fuller understanding of what the Bible says about these particular times/events.

Certain details seem to only make sense to the time we are in, and those are the ones that will catch your attention the most.

Reading that some people will be victims of something that will take the flesh off their bones before they even fall to the ground, I cannot see past Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the horrors unleashed there.

This clearly already occurred, so it's not speculation. It's an easy connection that is actually hard to interpret another way.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It will end with Israel finding huge amounts of carbon energy that everyone fights over.

Israel May Join Gas Exporting Nations With Leviathan Discovery

The Levant Basin, where Tamar is located and which stretches the length of Israel and Lebanon, may hold 227 trillion cubic feet of gas, the U.S. Geological Survey said in a report released April 8, its first review of the area.

www.businessweek.com...

First up will be the squabble between Israel and Lebanon over who owns what percentage of the rights. Then Israel will blame Syria for arming Hizbullah once the fighting starts, Turkey and several other northern states will get involved as well, some chemical or nuclear weapons will be used, some guy will step up to fix the whole situation but we'll figure out in about 3 years that he's a con-man, and eventually all-out global war will suck everyone in trying to claim the last bits of cheep oil in the world.

The Jesus comes back and stops us from nuking the entire planet to rubble. The End.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Copperflower; I agree these are very valuable readings. They all hold keys. Yes many things have come to pass, you are so very right. Many think this will all happen in a short period of time but it happens all in the last generation, but as labor pains they will increase as the coming of Christ gets closer.

debates; And very clever of you to make the connection that you did with Isreal, and yes less these days be shortened for the elects sake no flesh will survive.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Remember were it says that even a babe could understand the word, well when you humble yourself and submit yourself to our God and awsk for wisdom he will deliver, but to a non believer they will never understand.

You know what, I spent most of my life crying out to God to cleanse my soul believing I was born a horrible sinner and show me the way to Heaven and I only ever got silence. The Bible just confuses it even more. I WAS A BELIEVER with all my heart and soul

What a terrible belief system, to fill children with guilt and fear in order to get them to swallow fairy tales as truth. Your post is just more religious nonsense, meaningless platitudes about how Satan is out there deceiving people. Bullsnip. If there is an all powerful God who wants to save us all NOTHING can undermine his divine love.

repent,

Like I said I spent the beginning of my life filled with guilt and shame even though I'd done nothing wrong. The Bible is a horrific source for morality anyway (Read Deuteronomy Chapter 22). I've put the unnecessary guilt far far behind me and am very glad I escaped Christianity at all, many, it seems, are still trapped within it.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Here's the report on the newly found oil and gas reserves in Israel.

pubs.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here is a simple person explaining a brilliant and amazing answer on this very topic.

It's from Matthew 13, a parable which Jesus then clearly explains to the disciples, who asked for further clarification on the story.

She does a fine job of making the point: The harvest is the end of the world. Here's how Jesus said it will happen, and why.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

He has surely not forgotten you, or what you have suffered at the hands of the enemy (persecution, guilt, etc, are from that one), Titen-Sxull, nor could He ever.

Not one tear escaped His notice, nor will He fail to repay those who hurt you or neglected your pain as a child, or even now. Forgive. That is the only healthy choice.

The people who were there or not there for any of us are not God, nor do they represent Him if they can ignore the pain of a child. This responsibility and the ability to be insightful and kind is provided to them by God in the form of the Holy Spirit.

Only hardened hearts cannot hear Him, and only He can make our hearts tender again, or make us able to bear that. He is that voice of "intuition" and good ideas. He is the wordless peace that sometimes seems to come from nowhere. He is the one who connects the dots, and opens our eyes. Then He holds our hand, if we let Him, to help us through it all, to help us lean on Him.

He is that Force the astronomers are now identifying. He is the one who will not destroy evil until all the good has had a chance to grow and run its course, and that means in your life too.

Those prayers you prayed, those feelings you had, were not unknown to God, but indeed, precious to Him. You need to know that. I'm sorry people didn't take you more seriously and let you suffer alone in your spiritual battle. But that's not true anymore. Watch and see. Surely He will bring supportive people into your life, in Jesus' name. Agree with me. What do you have to lose? He will always back up His reputation with those who are His. They cannot be snatched from His hand, only wander if they so desire, or be picked off by the wolves of this world, devoured by the lions. We have all encountered some of this. Why aren't we destroyed? Why are we still here today? I'm referring individually. To the ones who have suffered and felt abandoned by God, while being abandoned literally, as well, sometimes.

These are the ones God draws nearest to. He says He loves them especially, and anyone who's been there knows how much that can mean, how necessary it is. Allow yourself to open up and receive the love He gave over 2000 years ago, and don't let any person stand between you and your own journey, your own personal history, your own blessings.

You are still alive, intelligent, and coherent. That's all it takes for any of us to start in the moment we are in. I do it all the time.

Turn around, now, as an adult, and see what happened to all those prayers?

God has filled the places carved out of my heart by pain with rivers of flowing water, just as He said. I'm absolutely no one special, but His love, like all good love, makes special things obvious to me, like the song of the birds. Without Him, these things cannot give me joy.

So I turn back to Him, over and over. From depression, from cynicism, from bitter and futile feelings concerning the suffering and violence of this world. I turn back to Him because only there do I catch glimpses of the perfection that seems to always lurk just ahead of this dimension, peeking in sometimes to show me the beauty all around, underneath the madness, in spite of it, even.

No pill can do that, and since I can't take anti-depressants, my very life depended on Him and His faithful help and love. He knows me, and knows exactly who I am, why, and what I should be. He is the one who restores things taken by the world and its predators, physical and spiritual. He is the one who remembers childhood dreams and talents we forgot all about, and brings those blooming back to life. By these things, He demonstrates His mastery, authority, and true ownership of this universe and all within.

Ask Him. He will show you.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Copperflower]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here are some of the scriptures from the bible that talk about this. I will do only four, there are many more.

First one
Matthew 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

A scripture that is overlooked, the end comes after the truth of the bible has and is being proclaimed to the maximum extent possible in conjunction with the other prophetic signs in Matthew chapter 24.
Only the technology of the modern age of the late 20th and 21st centuries allow for this. One word "Internet". Now for the first time a Muslim in Saudi Arabia can access information on the bible in his own language through the internet. Since standard evangelism like Jesus encouraged people to do will likely never be fulfilled as it has been in North America or Europe, in these types of countries. It is this comparatively new technology, that allows for that scripture to reach it's fulfillment.
How do we know, Christian web sites are receiving hits from the middle east in countries where Christians cannot proclaim the gospel.

Second One
Revelation Chapter 6

And they were given authority and power over a fourth part of the earth to kill with the sword and with famine and with plague (pestilence, disease)

www.poodwaddle.com... (Go to the left side and select deaths or Illness)
Despite huge medical advancements, we have more illness than ever before.
Life expectancy has increased, true, but even when I was teen I don't remember this level of general sickness affecting people, as it is today.

Third One
Matthew 24:6 & 7

"You will be hearing of.....earthquakes in one place after another."

earthquake.usgs.gov...
We now average around 30 earthquakes a day, one day recently there was almost 100! Most go unreported by the MSM, unless they kill or destroy stuff.
Jesus always knew we would develop the technology to track these events thus uniquely fulfilling this prophesy in the 20th and 21st century.

Click on the link above and you have the ability "to hear of earthquakes in one place after another", just like Jesus said.

As to how does it all end.
The bible tells us what happens just before it all ends.

1 Thessalonians 5:3

While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Since a time table is in place for the withdrawal of troops just in time for Obama's re-election in 2012, we could see something like this go down.
All Obama has to do is declare the war on terror won and over. Then he brings almost all the troops home. Next he passes the job of world policeman over to the UN because America is broke and can't afford it anymore.

Recently the United States Government released it's
National Security Strategy for 2010. It was published last month(May).
This quote was found embedded on the 46th page of the 60 page document.

Enhance Cooperation with and Strengthen the United Nations:
We are enhancing our coordination with the U.N. and its agencies. We need a U.N. capable of fulfilling its founding purpose—maintaining international peace and security, promoting global cooperation, and advancing human rights. To this end, we are paying our bills. We are intensifying efforts with partners on and outside the U.N. Security Council to ensure timely, robust, and credible Council action to address threats to peace and security. We favor Security Council reform that enhances the U.N.’s overall performance, credibility, and legitimacy. Across the broader U.N. system we support reforms that promote effective and efficient leadership and management of the U.N.’s international civil service, and we are working with U.N. personnel and member states to strengthen the U.N.’s leadership and operational capacity in peacekeeping, humanitarian relief, post-disaster recovery, development assistance, and the promotion of human rights. And we are supporting new U.N. frameworks and capacities for combating transnational threats like proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, infectious disease, drug-trafficking, and counter terrorism.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Here's the report on the newly found oil and gas reserves in Israel.

pubs.usgs.gov...

Thank you! I remember years ago reading about this. That prophecy tells us that Isreal will become wealthy, but no one could figure out how, and I will be; here it is! Wow, we are living in the coolest times ever!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If you really want to follow a prophecy of the end times I'll give you one. Read the book of Daniel. After a "revelation" a few years back I have been watching the beginning of Daniel 11 and Daniel 8 since 2001.

Why you may ask? Because if you look at the prophesies it appears that it started to repeat. Daniel 11-2 is a perfect description of the 9-11 attacks. And Daniel 8 and the prophecy of the horns of the ram being broken matches perfectly to the recent events of Afghanistan and Iraq being conquered by the US.

One problem though. The next event of the series didn't happen. Namely the fall of the Persian empire. Iran. But there has always been low level chatter in the news that Israel has to take out Iran's nuclear facilities. Perhaps we are just in the interval of a birth pang? Though I will admit that having 2500 year old end of the world prophesies suddenly start reading like recent history is a bit unnerving. Especially after the invasion of Iraq.

As far as biblical visions go you don't need to go to Patmos. I'll tell how I caused the vision I had to happen. There is an old fable in Judaism that says if you concentrate on a prophecy long enough and meditate on it you can trigger a vision. Only problem was its not supposed to work with Daniel. Its supposed to work with Ezekiel or Isaiah. But the trick was figuring out the secret of 11-4. So ask yourself this. Can you find the 4 meanings of 11-4? 2 are historical and 2 are future. Good Luck.

And what did I see? The Host of course. The starfield of Abraham. As in little white 2's overlaying the prophecy of Daniel 11.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join