It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slaves! I have a question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have got to say how depressing all of this is....

And how right it truly is.

People need to wake up, get of their arses and go get a REAL life.

Go fishing on the weekends, eat dinner with your family, screw that board meeting.

But instead we work almost 12 hours or more a day just so we can afford a house or bills or a 20 dollar music cd.

What has this world come to.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
We are no different from the ancient slaves.

I've been trying to tell people that for years.

In the old system, we were whipped to make us work. These days, a carrot is dangled in front of us.

At least they provided food, water and shelter in the old system. These days it's a "human right" that you need money to obtain.

And we're still under the rule of people who like to use Egyptian gods as their country's logo.

[edit on 24/6/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
This "slavery" existance I have sure beats the hell out of growing all the food my family and I need, hunting down critters to eat, chopping wood to heat my tiny hovel in the winter, attempting to cure a family member of some disease I have no knowledge about, fighting marauders who want to take the bit of land I use, take the food I grow, take my wife or daughters for their sexual desires, take my sons to be used as labor to grow their foods so they can continue to go out and about and prey on others for their bit of riches.

The marauders are still there.

They dress nicely as a disguise, so you probably haven't noticed them.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

People need to stop thinking that this is the only way to live.... we need to be happy within ourselves .... our minds.... our spirits.... to become free from the burden .... that which is mental slavery.... our/your minds are so indoctrined with this way of life because our/your family members have all done the same thing before you... so you tune in to it and think ok... i have to work when i leave school... i have to pay bills & taxes when i work... i have to have a house.... have a family... have this, have that... and on and on it goes....

Yes indeed... once you are free to ponder and think about what life is and what freedom there is in life then you can be free... once you can do what you want to do in life then you are free...

And your question about how to stop this way of life... you need to stop working.... everyone just needs to not get up on exactly the same day .... this will bring the whole system to a halt.... there would be mass panic among the leaders and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it...

City life is a bore... you have no free time to spend with your family (if you have any) because you are working flat out to pay your way through life.... the daily routine is repeated over and over until you die....

This place has been created so that we have nowhere to go.... buildings everywhere... its like a trap unless you live in the countryside you don't get to see the trap which has been set...

There was once a time when we had green and pleasant lands teaming with nature & wildlife... now we have big cities filled with buildings and more of these big cities are cropping up.... more greenland is being cut down to create more of these cities.... etc...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I feel that if we weren't so caught up in our working, consumerism and entertainment needs, we would have time to deeply contemplate on things like who we are, where we come from and how we got here, and not only just a scientific description but a spiritual one. Once we understand those questions, we will understand where we are suppose to go. Right now we are walking blindly through life with no real idea of what we are suppose to do but make money and 'enjoy life', and imo that is the cause of all this chaos, war and corruption.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join