It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Rape Condom Unveiled for World Cup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Its really sad that it has come to this, anti rape devices. I think its quite a good idea tho.

Especially in South Africa where rape is a real big problem. I also think that they should up the penalty of rape to chopping said rapists peniage off
that could deter rapists.

It says in the artical that the culprit finds it hard to walk after the antirape condom being inflicted on him, so thats a good time for the woman to get away/beat the living bejebus outta him when he cant get away,
if it were me he would not only need a doctor to remove the antirape condom but he would also need a doctor to remove my shoe heel from his eyesocket.

Yeah its a good idea for women living in areas with high rape stats, or even if it makes a woman in any area feel more secure when walking to a shop after dark etc.

As for women using them as revenge on ex boyfirends or cheating hubbys well thats just a crime and I doubt because the woman has the capability that she would willingly do so, i mean everyione has knifes in their kitchen but not many people use them to stab others with.

I agree. Anything can be mis-used. This alternative is better than chopping someone's, erm, peniage off. They'll think twice next time.

Heels can be a good weapon, too.

Having said that, some women are bending over backwards to get in harm's way. There is a fine line between fun and stupidity.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by undesirableusername]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
(Mods, I apologize for putting it separately I don't know how to merge it with my previous post)

Speaking of which:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I know it's not directly related but I think the correlation is quite apparent.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Wow, this is just like the anti-rape condom that was unveiled by a south African Dr. back in 2005 only this is from the same dr in the same town with the exact same photos. Doesn't look like this lady has aged a day since 2005. Amazing how recycled news becomes new again given enough time. I'm going to go dig those bell bottoms out of the back of my closet.

Anti-rape condom unveiled
September 2, 2005

A South African inventor has unveiled a new anti-rape female condom that hooks onto an attacker's penis and aims to cut one of the highest rates of sexual assault in the world.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I knew I had heard of such a thing before.
Seems this type of technology has been out for some time. It does not seem to be that effective after all. If it were effective, it would not be seen as new technology five years after it was first introduced.

There has been no way to gauge it's effectiveness as it hasn't been available to the public. While she developed the prototype in 2005, in 2007 she was still having a hard time getting it patented and approved for sale. It would seem that it has taken her five years to gain the patent and sale approval. It's seen as new technogoly because it's just now being unveiled, so basically it is new technology in the sense of being available to the public for use.

From a 2007 article....

South African mother-of-two Sonette Ehlers developed the original prototype in 2005 but has struggled to get it patented and approved for sale, not least because of staunch opposition from feminist groups.

www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

Seems the feminists groups, which claim to be advocates of women's rights, were one of the staunchest opponents of this invention

On a side note, I think it's interesting that the two previous threads on this were posted on BTS.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by Raist

Seems the feminists groups, which claim to be advocates of women's rights, were one of the staunchest opponents of this invention

Feminists just don't know who they are anymore. For many years I thought Freud was a joke, especially his penis envy idea, but seeing how so many feminists are an embarrassment to women by screaming every time someone (in their mind) challenges women's rights, it just isn't funny anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undesirableusername

Yeah I've never been a fan of feminist groups, they're a little too gung ho for my tastes. More often than not they do more harm than good. As far as Freud's penis envy, I have to say that there are quite a lot of women that this theory holds true for.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

It seems you are correct. Sorry I missed the part that it was not available to the public yet (I was at work all night and I am up for the day watching my son). I can only blame my own lack of attention to that mistake.

The feminist groups of today are an embarrassment to their predecessors that actually helped the women’s rights movement. I believe they actually hurt true women’s rights by claiming to speak for all women with most of their nonsense.

I also wondered about the BTS thing myself. I am honestly at the belief that they were moved there. I suppose it is because they are not conspiracy related for the most part but at the same time, not all non-conspiracy related threads are moved. It appears to be one of those “mod mysteries”.

Raist

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
On one hand I can see how women have the right to protection against rape.

On the other hand I can definitely see this device being used against a man to frame him for rape.

Think about it. It would have his DNA all over it and would also be used against him in a court of law.

Women already can change their minds if they were drunk and say the man took advantage of her and therefore it's date rape.

But this?

Oy.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by chise61

I will point out my agreement with the both of you on this. I know a few personally. If it were not for the fact that they are at my work place I would point out they are more than welcome to “have at it” and leave. I sort of need money to pay bills though so I cannot do that.

Raist

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Ouch ! Up all night for work and then after work with your child, I know you're tired
The perils of parenthood, I hope you can squeeze a nap in someplace
I don't think there's any greater love than that of a parent for our children, but it can be an exhausting job can't it. I'm on the grandbabies now, and sometimes I'm amazed that I can still keep up with them

Yeah I'd prefer that they speak for themselves only as I don't agree with a lot of what they say. Besides that I'm quite capable of speaking for myself, I've never needed help with that

I thought perhaps they may have been moved there also, although I don't see a reason for it as it was valid news. I just think it odd that whoever posted, or moved it thought it wasn't important enough to be on ATS.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
this is stupid and an attack on the women it is marketed to. any woman who breaks her hymen by placing this in their bodies deserves to be with what is portrayed to me as a rapist(my opinion).but it is also my opinion that women should never break their hymen and that doing so makes them unclean.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
this is stupid and an attack on the women it is marketed to. any woman who breaks her hymen by placing this in their bodies deserves to be with what is portrayed to me as a rapist(my opinion).but it is also my opinion that women should never break their hymen and that doing so makes them unclean.

Deserves to be with a rapist?

Are you effing serious?!?!

It is my opinion that your opinion is complete and utter Sh*t

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

As far as Freud's penis envy, I have to say that there are quite a lot of women that this theory holds true for.

Unfortunately. Many women will vehemently deny it, but their behavior just speaks for itself. I remember one feminist telling me not to get skirted.Apparently, in some feminist circles skirting denotes accepting the role of a woman as is expected of her by society. I understand not everything's to make sense but I also understand I'm not alone in the world and sometimes compromises are needed, even if I don't like what I see.

Us vs them mindset doesn't help women's rights at all but that's just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Ok..um...what??!?? Let me get this straight. You're basically saying that women should not use tampons, do certain types of activity like riding horses, or get routine pelvic exams because it will make them unclean?

And women that do anything like that deserve to be raped?
I honestly hope you're a troll, because anyone that truly believes that is messed up in the head.

Back on topic, I also think this is a bad idea. I can see this going bad so many ways....Infuriated rapists, increased rates of anal rape which is more dangerous and more likely to spread stds, being used inappropriately as a form of revenge, etc. Not to mention it seems so inconvenient...I'd hate to take one of those in and out on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
many of you didnt read my words.

while it may not be unclean for a clean woman who works out and stretches her hymen.in my eyes a woman is unclean after her hymen is pierced.

a woman; is already dirty, if in my mind she is unclean after her hymen is pierced, if she is to pierce her hymen to stop a rape.she deserves to be with what you can characterize to me as being a rapist.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Ausar]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

How is it an attack on women ?

Where is your proof that it will break the hymen of the women that use it ?

A woman deserves to be with a rapist ?

For your information a woman is not with a rapist, a rapist forces himself upon a woman.

Portrayed to you as a rapist
Just what exactly is the definition of a rapist to you ?

You poor misguided soul, stuck in the dark ages :shk: I seriously doubt that in your mind there are very many "clean" women in this world.

You know some people believe that if you exercise your mind it helps to bring it out of the darkness of the abyss.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

while it may not be unclean for a clean woman who works out and stretches her hymen.in my eyes a woman is unclean after her hymen is pierced.

a woman; is already dirty, if in my mind she is unclean after her hymen is pierced, if she is to pierce her hymen to stop a rape.she deserves to be with what you can characterize to me as being a rapist.

I think theres a timemachine somewhere waiting to take you back to the 1700's.

And I did read your words just fine. Your term 'unclean' is offensive, oldfashioned and wrong.

So if a woman pierces her own hymen then she deserves to be with a rapist?

I sincerely hope you have no daughters.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Could you define what do you mean by 'being with a rapist?' In what sense?

So if she defends herself and she pierces her hymen in the process, she is responsible for her own plight?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

a woman; is already dirty,

Oh please enlighten me as to how women are already dirty, What is it exactly that makes a woman dirty ?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I want every guy on this board who mouths off about women to realize that THIS GUY is actually fairly representative of a large section of the human populace.

I would gladly fight to the death before I let a guy like this make any fracking laws in my country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join